Halcyon

Dara's XOXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How long will I want you?


As long as you want me to
, and longer by far.


How long will I hold you?


As long as your father told you,
 as long as you can.

 


Their schedules have been tight the past few weeks, ever since they have announced the girls’ world tour, Chanyeol couldn't get a hold of Dara as often as he wanted. She was always out of town, and when she was in Seoul, Dara would be extra tired to go out.

The last time they had time to meet was two weeks ago when they did an announcement spree of their relationship (and it was also two weeks right after the Philippine leg AON concert) -- going home to home to introduce both to each other's friends and family.

Dara's mom, and Dara's siblings finally knew the big issue, although her mother had suspected their relationship since February (Dara doesn't usually make an effort in the kitchen, her mom says). But when she almost burned the kitchen the day before Valentine’s, her mother got a hunch (and she was not against Chanyeol in any way too, she thinks he is cute). Durami, on the other hand, was actually very happy for Dara, and she took a liking on Chanyeol since, as Durami had said, "he has good genes". All Durami had said at that time was, “When’s my niece coming? It would be better if you name her after me, too.”

But unlike the two ladies, Thunder was rather adamant in accepting their relationship. “No, no, no, no. A hundred and one percent no.”

"I thought you liked Chanyeol for me?" Dara asks that day.

"The problem here is that you kept the relationship from us for five months. Noona? Do you know how much I tried to defend your relationship with the MBLAQ hyungs?! They told me you and this fanboy here were a couple but I insisted you were not! They even made me bet! Oh god, the bet, that if you were actually together, I would have to wear one of your stage costumes as a congratulatory present."

"Oh? Then you have to do it then, Thunder?" Chanyeol laughs smugly.

Cheondoong glares at Chanyeol, "Don't you even."

Chanyeol raises both his hands in defeat. 

 

Dara had also met Chanyeol’s new friends that day; he was starring in Roommate, where he is to sleep in the Roommate dorm at weekdays, still at EXO’s dorm at weekends. Dara sadly couldn’t visit the new dorm, although Bom is part of the new casting, it was because YG wants to prevent news breakouts and unwanted promotions for the show. One 2NE1 member is enough for each episode. Chanyeol had brought Gayeon, his Sora noona, and Minwoo hyung, while Bom came with Dara on a meat shop in the afternoon.

“Hi guys. Are we late? Sorry, we just finished our practice now.” Bom sits beside Minwoo, and she then prompts the other 2NE1 member to sit at the only seat left available, beside Chanyeol.

 “No, no, you’re just in time actually.” Sora smiles.

“Guys, I want you to meet Dara.” Bom introduces, Dara shyly smiles at the new faces she usually only sees on television. “Dara, meet Sora unnie, Gayeonnie and Minwoo-ssi.”

“And, of course you know Chanyeol.” Bom adds. Dara and Chanyeol, this time simultaneously laugh.

 

“Yes, yes, I know my boyfriend.” Dara smiles widely.

 

~

 

Surprisingly, for today, Dara was the first one to call Chanyeol to hang out (since she was usually the one that was busy). And surprisingly, too, Chanyeol refuses to go out today.

“Right now? Could we do it some other time?” Chanyeol asks by the phone as he’s lying in his bed, firmly tucked under his blanket.

“Some other time? But.. Chanyeol, this is the only time I’m actually free to spend with you. Are you.. okay? You seem sick.” Dara worries, by the tone of his voice, he doesn’t seem a-okay.

Chanyeol shakes his head, although she wouldn’t see from the call, “The company doctor says it’s a slight cold. But it’s nothing, I’m just tired, so I have to stay home, minus the physical exhaustion and more water..”

Dara worries the more, hearing his voice on the phone, Chanyeol seems so gloomy. Dara tells him to get rest, not to worry because he’s going to be fine, to ask the leader for medicine, Chanyeol only replies with a soft “Mm”, which makes Dara sigh, and then she turns off the call. They obviously wouldn’t be going out any time soon now, instead, Dara instantly packs her bag, bringing clean towels and home medicines, and then she immediately drives to EXO’s dorm.

 

Ringing the doorbell, she only hopes Chanyeol had taken his medicine like what she had told him to do on the phone. Heck, she hopes Chanyeol was in the dorm as well -- it was a weekday after all, he couldn’t be taping Roommate when he’s obviously sick, right? A few seconds pass and Sehun is the one to open the door, welcoming Dara with a grumpy face.

“Oh, Dara noona.” His face rapidly changes to a happier one once he sees Dara.

“Hi Sehun! What’s with the grumpy face? Is Chanyeol here?” Sehun grimaces at the sound of Chanyeol’s name.

“That’s the thing, yes he is here, and Chanyeol hyung is acting like a baby because he’s sick, the manager has been asking him to drink his medicine since the morning but he was whining all day.” Sehun huffs, he’s the designated baby sitter for today, when most of the members had specifically chose him to stay at home and take care of the baby, while most of them went out after finding out the rumor (from a very reliable source A.K.A Baekhyun) that a virus is quickly spreading to the whole dormitory.

Dara chuckles, and then she smiles apologetically, “Let me talk to him, okay? Get some sense.” Dara winks as she pumps her fist.

“Noona, do anything, or else we have no choice but to send him to the other dorm. Baekhyun’s already sneezing so he went out of their room first. We can’t get sick, too.” Sehun worries, now that EXO’s dorm has been centralized, viruses and bacteria were easily spread around the house, and one sick member could turn into twelve in no time. “He isn’t welcome!” Sehun brats about.

Dara laughs, “He just needs a little loving.” Dara jokes as she continues to enter the dormitory. “And so you should give it to him, Sehun. Don’t start a fight with your hyung.” Dara reminds.

“I don’t, noona. The boys are the ones to always start to .” Sehun reasons out.


“I’ll be going to check him out.” Dara prompts and Sehun sumply nods, pushing her the more to which room Chanyeol was in.

She slips out of her sneakers, and wears Kyungsoo’s Totoro home slippers, the one Sehun lends her; she walks to Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s room and quietly slips inside, locking the door after.

The lights were closed, and in between the cracks from the window and the curtains, she could see Chanyeol sleeping soundly in his bed. Dara creeps up to where he was lying, and then she touches his forehead gently. It was burning.

“Just a slight cold, huh? Tch, it’s a fever.” Dara clicks her tongue. She observes him sleep, surrounded by the blanket tightly on his body, he was sweating. Dara tries to pull the blanket away, giving him space to breathe, when she realizes that he was topless under the layer.

Her eyes widen, “You sleep topless? Aigoo.” She whispers as she innocently shakes her head; she couldn’t deal with this much skin right now.

She decidedly wakes up Chanyeol instead, “’Yeol, wake up, please?”

Chanyeol doesn’t budge. Dara tries to find his leg under the blanket instead (to shake his foot to wake him), she flips half of the blanket, only to reveal his hairy legs. Dara’s eyebrows furrow, her heartbeat going faster – Don’t tell me he sleeps . Chanyeol wakes up a while after the shaking of the foot, and as he turns in his bed, revealing Chanyeol’s body covered in red boxer shorts (and only that).

A yawn surpasses Chanyeol’s mouth, and when he opens his eyes after rubbing them, he gets the shock of his life when he sees Dara standing right at his feet, gaping at him. Chanyeol immediately covers himself.

 

“N-noona.” Chanyeol coughs, “W-what are you d-doing here?” He fidgets to cover himself with the blanket.

“You sleep.. in your boxers?!” Dara covers her eyes, belatedly. Hehe. Since she stared for a while first before she had time to react. Who could react immediately at that time?

Chanyeol’s face reddens, “N-no, j-just now since it’s really hot.”

It makes sense. “Of course you’re feeling hot, you have a fever.”

“I-I’ll just wear longer shorts.” He attempts to stand up.

“No, no. You have to be as comfortable as you can, since you’re sick. No! Don’t stand up! Just, uhm, cover yourself, in a thinner blanket.” She fidgets, turns around and then awkwardly opens the cabinets in the room, hoping to see anything, anything please, that could cover Chanyeol up.

Dara bites her lower lip. She couldn’t help her mind but to remember to Chanyeol’s body, granted that he was thin, yes, but his body still had the visible lines that drew in his abs. It was her first time seeing her boyfriend half , or actually, almost fully if not for the shorts that covered him down. Does Chanyeol go to the gym, Dara wonders.

 

She shakes her head frivolously, getting rid of the thoughts that were trying to surface and dirty her mind about her Chanyeol’s body exposure. Dara silently curses herself, those thoughts are absolutely forbidden. She instead focuses on looking for something to cover him up, but she wasn't so sure which pile of clothes were his and Baekhyun's. Unknowingly, Dara feels a presence by her back. Chanyeol’s chest was pressed against her back to be exact.

 

Nervously, Dara gulps at the closeness, as her heartbeat doubles, closing her eyes unintentionally. His long arms reach for his own clothes, knowing Dara would be indecisive to choose anyway. But at that moment, Dara turns her body to face him. Her eyes widen after she realizes the proximity between the both of them.

 

Their eyes meet automatically, and between Dara's agape mouth and Chanyeol's tantalizing body, he gazes at Dara's brown orbs, and then Chanyeol forms a weak smile, their faces millimeters away from each other. He instinctively leans his head forward, and for a second, Dara forgets to breathe as she holds her breath.

 

Dara momentarily closes her eyes, not knowing what action to take at this moment, but she does so anyway. Usually in dramas, the lead would kiss the girl, right? She gulps, waiting for Chanyeol’s kiss when instead of his soft lips; Chanyeol’s hot forehead came in contact at the crook of her shoulder. Worry hovers her face as she assists, his weak body towards the bed.

“Omo, Chanyeol. I told you to stay put, now look what happened. It doesn’t look like a slight cold, you’re burning sick. You need rest. Listen to me okay?” Dara scolds him, not taking this lightly at any bit. She supports his back as they walk back to the bed. He nods.

 

Chanyeol’s body was the opposite of Dara’s petite figure, having a hard time to pull him up, not to mention his half-asleep figure, Dara accidentally steps on Chanyeol’s guitar capo, making them stumble, which triggers Dara’s yelp, “Ack!”

Luckily, both of them fall on Chanyeol’s bed, sparing both bodies from the cold floor. A loud thud could still be heard, together with the creak from the bed.

Chanyeol’s mind doesn’t work for a second, only hearing the hard breathing from Dara as she squirms under him, “Chanyeol, you’re heavy.” She groans, making him snap out of his daze. His eyes rounded in surprise, “Oh my God! I’m sorry noona.” He immediately shuffles up.

Knocks come from the other side of the room, and someone trying to barge in, the couple look at each other when Sehun suddenly speaks from the door, “Chanyeol hyung, noona! Are you okay? What’s the commotion about?” Sehun calls out.

Being agitated, Dara stands up quickly, not thinking that she might bump on Chanyeol as he stands up t– “AH!”, both simultaneously groan in pain.

Dara rubs her forehead, a playful grimace forming her face. Chanyeol immediately comes near her this time, panicking, “Noona! Are you okay? I-I’m sorry.” He stutters along the way.

“Do I look okay to you?! Why is your head so hard?! Aish..” She glares at him.

Chanyeol stares at the bump apologetically, he grabs the side of her head, and instinctively, he leans to kiss the red spot. Dara’s thoughts go wild at this rate, as the close proximity was now linked; her cheeks blush a whole cherry red. And as old times, she had already forgiven him just by his actions, these kinds of actions.

“I’m really sorry. The pain will soon go away, noona.” He tells her, his face turning to stoic, yet again.

“Hopefully, I hope yours does too, as well.” Dara whispers.

“Oh! I think you should move now, Chanyeol.” Dara commands him, still the compromised position they were in wasn’t giving her good thoughts.

“Noona-"

“Now. Faster Chanyeol because you’re—hot..”

Chanyeol suddenly grins widely, which makes Dara roll her eyes. “Go go, ppalli!”

Chanyeol looks at their awkward position, he was hovering in front of her, half and all; he rolls his body, lying on the other side of the bed, right beside her. Suddenly, Chanyeol felt really shy, he was actually flaunting his body to Dara, when he wasn’t that buff either.

 

He couldn’t look at her straightly in the eyes. How did they even get to such position, seeing Dara under him?

“R-right, I’m sorry.” He mumbles, looking anywhere but her.

 

Meanwhile, at the other side of the door, Sehun gasps not taking everything he could hear from the room lightly.

“There were creaks from the bed, and screaming..” He thinks.

“And what pain would go away soon? And a sudden mention of a .. what.. head?”

Sehun gulps, “And.. faster?” He coughs on his drink,

“Oh my. Holy mother of bubble tea! I- I can’t have a niece this early, I’m too young~!” Sehun shrieks inwardly.

He suddenly knocks on the door, “Please use protection for EXO and 2NE1’s sake!” He shouts and then runs to his room, locking the door, too.

 

After hearing Sehun’s awkward scream, a deafening silence envelops the four-walled room of Chanyeol. Sehun didn—he wasn’t thinking they d—No, no, they weren’t doing anything wrong anyway. And locking the door doesn’t even help the situation. Dara sighs, she doesn’t like it one bit.

Chanyeol comes back from the bathroom, he was now dressed in a soft black wifebeater top, and his basketball shorts, Dara serves him medicine and gives him fruits she had sliced at home.

Clearing her mind of the awkward situation not to many minutes ago, Dara clears . “I brought the movie here.” Dara brings up, pulling out her Note 3.

“What?” Chanyeol coughs.

“You promised me a movie date, but since you’re sick, I brought the movie here.” Dara motions Chanyeol to move aside the bed, to give her space to lie down. Chanyeol doesn’t immediately move, telling her that she might get the flu too if she sits beside him.

“They say put a movie in your phone so that when you watch with your loved one, it’s much closer.” Dara explains, insisting herself beside him.

“Noona, are you trying to do a move on me? Because you know, you don’t need to seduce me, you could do anything you want to.” Chanyeol even winks.

“Yah, what are you talking about? I just want to be with you, is that so bad? Honestly, I like your warmth.” Dara hugs him cutely, minding not to touch anything else but his arms.

 

“So what’s the title of the movie?” Chanyeol manages to ask, feeling a little bit better now.

“Hmm. Do you know the movie, ‘Twenty Years Old’? Lee Kikwang is the lead man.” Dara explains. But Chanyeol frowns to the unfamiliar movie.

“I haven’t heard of that movie. Hmmm, What’s the story about?” He asks curiously.

“Chanyeol, that’s why we’re watching this for us to find out, I just picked it because he had sent me the file the last time Gikwang and I hung out.” She beams, trying to change the look in Chanyeol’s face. “You, and Gikwang sunbae-nim, together? How many boys do I have to slay, noona?”  Chanyeol didn’t like the thought of Dara going out and hanging out with other men, and idols as well, and his seniors as well! Call him selfish but he disapproves of it. Obliviously, Chanyeol glares at her noona, who was only kidding.

“I didn’t know you have such a big group, noona. Maybe he’s part of your fanboys too.” He forced a smile.

“Are you jealous, Chanyeol?” She teases.

“I am.” He honestly says, looking at her fervently.

Dara clears yet again, “I-I think we should start the movie.” She suggests and clicks the play button.

They both focus their attention to the movie, with Chanyeol cuddling right beside Dara. The movie starts up when Hyerim, a girl who isn’t used to make up and all the cakes that could be placed in her face, who is content with looking simple, and yet elegant at the same time – does all the things that contradict her usual self, just to impress her senior. That after she had met and fell in love with her senior, she had changed for him to see her in a different light, no matter how uncomfortable she was with the new transformation.

“She’s beautiful already, She doesn’t have to—” Chanyeol sneezes, rubbing his red nose while complaining. “She doesn’t have to change herself for a guy to like her.” He continues.

Dara chuckles at how cute Chanyeol was acting. She silently smiles, but Chanyeol, it’s usually like that. In love, you do anything for that one person you love, anything, to be noticed, to be appreciated and to be loved back.

After that short commentary, their attention was brought back to the movie.

The movie goes on as the lead female ends up locking herself in her room crying after finding out the real motives of the sunbae. Lucky enough for Hyerim to notice when he asked her for a walk and end up in a motel.

And Dara’s thoughts run with the wind again, and in love, you get hurt as well. Dara knows this as a fact, that no matter how much you try to look past him, it could always hurt you, too.

Chanyeol clicks his tongue at the scene.

Dara returns back to the movie, due to Hyerim’s sudden depression. Hyerim’s roommate, who is a KPOP fan, deduces a plan to cheer her up. She asks her to accompany her to one of the BEAST’s concert. Hyerim decidedly agrees to come with her, not wanting to waste the moment to see her old friend, Kikwang, who was now part of the idol group.

And just like any sweet take-me-back-from-the-past scene moments, Kikwang and Hyerim reunite once again, old feelings for her come rushing back to Kikwang, unwantedly. Kikwang becomes a stalker-slash-admirer, as he ends up following her one night. But as a scene that both Chanyeol and Dara could relate, Kikwang was an idol, and his fans were everywhere. He grabs Hyerim’s hand and they run to her place to hide.

 

Dara laughs at the scene. She suddenly remembers the time they had to run away, too. They were still awkward with skinship that time, and when he had held her hand, it took her a week to get over his touch.

Dara’s heart quickens its pace when her eyes land at the scene where Kikwang inches forward to Hyerim for a kiss. While the scene is playing, the memory of Chanyeol and her take part in her brain. It was the same situation. She suddenly remembers the previous happening, remembering Chanyeol’s kiss on her forehead. A forehead kiss. She giggles.

Stop thinking about it Dara. Stop. Thinking. You look like a teenager. Stop thinking about it. The mantra continues to run in her mind.

She glances at her side, just to see a drowsy Chanyeol and her expression softens for a second, Dara decides to stop the movie, to which Chanyeol protests for a while (but eventually stops), “’Yeollie, you’re sleepy, I think I’m going to go, so you could rest, and tomorrow, or whenever you get okay, we’ll continue the movie, okay?”

Chanyeol doesn’t say anything else but nods, his eyes closing. “I’m going to meet your sister today, too. I’ll be the one to tell her about us.”

By the time Dara is about to leave, Chanyeol pulls her hand. “Wait,” he holds her up. Dara looks back at the sick boyfriend while he asks, “Could you go alone?” Dara laughs at this.  

“Of course! I went here alone, so it’s only logical that I could leave alone too. I’m not expecting you to come out with me.” Dara mentions.

Dara suddenly smiles widely, “But Chanyeol, could I ask a favor?”

He raises an eyebrow, “What is it about, noona?”

“Actually I’m not really asking your permission, instead, I’m letting you know. So even if you agree or not, I’m going to still continue about it, okay?” Dara starts off.

 

Chanyeol nods, “Tell me.” Chanyeol commands, and then sniffs.

“Could I bring Kris with me?” Dara grins widely, hoping Chanyeol wouldn’t overreact.

“What?!” He questions, raising his voice, sitting up at the sudden question from Dara.

Chanyeol’s brows furrow, “And why is that necessary, Ms. Sandara Park?” He asks.

“Chill, okay? I– there’s somewhere that I have to bring him to. And don’t worry I’m not going to have a da—or on second thought, you could call it a date if you want t—“

“PARK. SAN. DA. RA.” Chanyeol glares as he pulls his girlfriend into a bear hug over the bed.

 

After the incessant persuasion and begging from Chanyeol, Dara had finally got to leave the dorm, also getting to tag Kris along with her. Honestly, she has no bad intentions, so Chanyeol couldn’t say no in the end. Dara laughs quietly as she remembers the words he had told her before he said yes, "One move Dara, and I wouldn't be hesitant anymore." Chanyeol rolls his eyes, "God, If I wasn't just sick, just imagine the things I could do to you." He seductively (or playfully) his lips.

Dara immediately escapes the dorm before a raging Chanyeol comes to stop her.

 

Kris hesitantly rides on Dara’s Rover, seemingly worried to where he would be taking her, but on the other side, he was quite happy to get to spend time with Dara, as well. Ever since Chanyeol and Dara became a couple, Kris was totally prevented from meeting with her – just by the overprotectiveness of Chanyeol, he couldn’t even speak a single word to her. So it was a surprise that Dara had invited him for tea.

Kris was smiling widely on the ride to the shop, leisurely talking to Dara, as Dara had mentioned about their concer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter