Timestamps

Dara's XOXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We're not lovers but more than friends; put a flame to every single word you ever said

 

“You’re here?” Dara stands up all of a sudden, and then she greets the newcomer with a cheerful "Hi!”. The guest doesn’t utter a word, but instead only flashes a smile to Dara and envelopes the older one into a hug. Chanyeol on the other hand doesn’t know if he should look back and greet the guest or he shouldn’t (because he doesn’t know if Dara wants to be seen with him). But the anxious look on Dara’s face prompts Chanyeol to stand up and greet the stranger.

 

Chanyeol turns around and then bows at the lady in blue, the moment his eyes meet hers, he recognizes the lady immediately. Eyes widening, how could he not recognize her? When the girl in front of him was his dear sister.

 

“Noona, what are you doing here?” Chanyeol asks disbelievingly, what was his older sister doing here?

 

Park Yura raised an eyebrow at her brother, “Oh? Can't I have a meeting with my friends anymore?” Yura smirks all of a sudden, a playful smile creeping up on her face. "You can't keep Rara all to yourself, Yeollieboo~" she adds, laughing.

 

Chanyeol’s heart suddenly beats louder with the sight of his sister. They say never judge a book by its cover, and Chanyeol knows his sister is the perfect example of this; to everyone, Yura looked innocent, she would be thought to be a goddess incarnate, but for Chanyeol, she was the dash of hot sauce in his pizza, the chili in his kimchi jjigae -- pure evil, Chanyeol was never a fan of spicy things, and the metaphor was perfect for his sister, because obviously, Chanyeol was always the center of Park Yura's embarrassments. How could Yura be friends with Dara? When they barely get to interact in the business. When Dara nor Yura had never mentioned each other before? But as what Chanyeol could see in front of him, it was as if they've hungout for a couple of times already. Chanyeol breathes out a sigh as he straightens his eyebrows; he only hopes his noona keeps the childhood jokes to her self this time.

 

“Friends?" Chanyeol wonders, and his eyes travel to Dara for confirmation.

 

“Rara and I know each other, 'yeollieboo." Dara innocently smiles; copying the endearment that Yura had spoken a few moments ago.

 

"No, noona, don't call me that." He disagrees immediately at the childhood name that Dara had uttered, although the smile trying to creep on his face spelled the opposite (Chanyeol secretly likes it).

 

"H-how could you even be friends with this?" 

 

Chanyeol shook his head, trying to warn his Dara noona, "You're making a big mistake, noona."

 

Yura feigned hurt, slapping Chanyeol's arm playfully, "Chanyeol, way to break your noona's heart, right here." She points to her chest. Chanyeol grimaces.

 

"Anyway, Rara, sit beside me, what do you want? A green tea latte?" Dara and Yura have endearments for themselves as well, knowing they share a common syllable, both girls decided to call each other "Rara", by Dara's suggestion, of course.

 

Yura charmingly nodded, noticing that Dara still remembers her favorite drink when the girl had only mentioned it on Kakao once. Dara comes to face Chanyeol, and then by instinct, she unintentionally bats her eyelashes, "Chanyeol, could you buy your sister a latte?" Chanyeol obeys her immediately.

 

As soon as Chanyeol stood up to get her a drink, Yura starts babbling with Dara as if they’re close friends, no awkwardness, whatsoever envelopes the two, irony since Dara was the queen of awkwardness herself, but with Yura, she felt like she had another little sister.

 

“You didn't tell him we're meeting?” “He doesn’t know?” Both girls say in unison. They both laugh at the jinx of the moment, and then they shake their heads, “No.”

 

Yura snorts, “Figures. He could literally pull me out right now if it wasn’t you who told him. Have you seen the look on his face when he saw me, he was this close to fuming, but when you smiled at him, he immediately melted.”

 

Dara immediately changes the topic, because if she doesn’t, Yura would be insisting of how much "impact" Dara has on her little brother. “Have you brought the baby pictures you sent me in kakao?” Dara eagerly asks.

 

“Nae! And I even brought his picture with his pet ferret!” Yura excitedly pulls out nine printed pictures of Chanyeol, his baby pictures back when his ears were more evident un-proportional to his petite head. She hands the pictures to Dara at once, and the latter keeps them in her bag a second after, keeping them away from Chanyeol’s sight.

 

“That’s enough for a birthday gift, right?” Yura asks.

 

Dara shyly nods, “Thanks. I have something I could use for blackmail now.” Dara then adds a wink.

 

“Remember that one time on Kakaotalk when we sent the same sticker simultaneously?" Yura asks just as Chanyeol settles a seat beside Dara.

 

“Ah! When was that? Two days ago?! I do! Well you know what they say, great minds think alike.”

 

"We were totally in sync." Dara laughs amusingly.

 

Chanyeol wants to in on the conversation, wanting to tell the girls, “yah! I’m here too.” But both of them were too engrossed to talking that he couldn’t even utter a single word. Chanyeol admits that he's a little bit jealous. Wasn’t Chanyeol the one who wanted to go out as well, why was he suddenly being pushed to the side? He had watched Dara talk to his sister animatedly. He had never seen such passion from Dara before, and seeing her comfortably talking to Yura made Chanyeol at ease. He felt great that they were, as what Yura had said, 'totally in sync'.

 

"So how was your birthday party? Sorry I didn't get to come, we were doing live." Yura scratches the back of her head, a similar habit of Chanyeol.

 

"That's okay, we all had fun." Dara smiles at Yura, hoping to change the topic.

 

Yura immediately catches on the look that Dara gives her, and she soon after changes the topic, talking about work and upcoming comebacks. Dara tells her that 2NE1 is releasing a new single soon, by soon she meant next week.

 

As the night deepened, their conversations livened, they had gone to talking about almost everything, about the upcoming Christmas, about several celebrity scandals and news about Thunder as well. They soon pack up their conversations, Yura reasoning that Dara has to drive back home alone.

 

Dara says good bye to Chanyeol and Yura, as they go separate ways on the parking lot. Dara tells Chanyeol to message her as soon as they arrive home, and tells both of them to take care before turning her back to leave.

 

 

Yura smiles slyly as they walk towards to her car, “Sorry for stealing your noona away from you, Chanyeol.” Yura nudges on her brother.

 

Chanyeol is silently walking beside her.

 

“What?” He wakes up from his thoughts.

 

“I know you wanted to go out because it’s her birthday, but we planned to meet right after her party, too. And if you didn’t get to spend time with her, well it’s my fault of course.” Yura takes the blame.

 

“No, noona. It’s okay. I’m kind of.. well, taken aback that you know each other, but don’t you think that’s a good start? I mean what if she becomes your sister-in-law, wouldn’t that be awesome?!” He blurts out his thoughts.

 

“Stop daydreaming, Chanyeol.” Instead. Yura wants to tell him that actions speak louder than words, that instead of dreaming it, act on it. Obviously, Dara is open to his feelings about her, right? Why would she ask for Chanyeol’s baby pictures as a present if she wasn’t? And why would Dara always ask about Chanyeol in her KKT messages, right? You could say it's a girl's instinct for Yura to think that way.

 

"But admit it noona, that would be really nice." Chanyeol adds in.

 

 

Chanyeol was just about to slumber, the guy was just recalling the whole day. He thought Dara would get mad at him for not formally attending her birthday party, but as the quotation goes, expect the unexpected. Dara was in no way mad, in fact, Dara felt elated that Chanyeol came, even though a party too late. And then the part where Yura comes in. He should be happy, right? That the two girls that are dear to his heart are good to each other?

 

He opens up his phone, the white light blinding him for a few seconds. He stares at the message box, only to close his phone back again. Should he message her? The last message he received from Dara was the "Glad you got home safe. I just arrived at home as well. Good bam." and Chanyeol thinks it's peculiar, he knows to himself that he still had to make up for not attending her party, so the guilt was still tripping Chanyeol. The absence of emoticons (which is really weird coming from Dara, Dara was a big fan of smileys), and the almost-dry message from Dara made Chanyeol's forehead crease.

 

Should I message her, or not? Message her.. or not?

 

Chanyeol breathes out a deep sigh, in the end, he decidedly opens up his Line application, to Dara, he sends a simple, 뭐해?

 

 

November 13, 2013

 

12:15am Chanyeollie: What are you doing?

 

A few minutes pass and that he doesn't get a reply, but the phone application already has that small "Read" notification below his message. Dara's awake, she had seen the message, but she isn't replying to him.

 

Sweat trickles on Chanyeol's forehead.

 

12:23am Chanyeollie: Are you mad?

And as like the previous one, "Read" but, no reply.

 

12:34am Chanyeollie: Noona, I'm sorry for not attending the party, please don't get mad at me anymore.

 

Chanyeol then adds the Dara sticker that has an I'm sorry message

 

 

He dejectedly turns off his phone's screen  and then turns about his bed, just about to sleep (he was apparently trying to but he couldn't get the proper position of his pillows) when a vibration from his phone startled him.

 

12:37am Dara noona: I'm not mad, Good night, cute ^^

 

Attached to Dara's message was a picture of him when he was three years old, he was in the bath tub, !

 

Chanyeol's eyes widened, not just because Dara messaged him, not just because she wasn't mad, but because of his picture! His privacy! Dara now has seen everything of Chanyeol, of course he had grown up (thanks to puberty) but still, it was his whole self, , and Dara has the copy of it. Who else could that picture come from? Yura.

 

But Chanyeol shrugged, although he had been exposed to Dara that easily, although Yura sold his pictures to Dara that easily, it was okay, if Dara made her forgive him so easily, then she could have all the baby pictures he has. 

Dara, together with Yura, decides to make a big group chat in Kakaotalk, since Yura wants to meet the EXO boys (with the disagreement of Chanyeol, of course that’s why she leaves the big guy out of the loop). Chanyeol doesn’t own a kakaotalk, in the first place, and he would obviously not approve of s meeting his dear sister. Dara adds in Yura, EXO’s Sehun, Baek, Luhan, Xiumin, Kai, and Kris, of course.

 

8:15pm Dara: You boys should go meet Yura soon~!

 

8:16pm Yura: Without Chanyeol knowing of course keke

 

8:17pm Sehun: Double date!! Dara noona with Kris hyung and Yura noona with me?

 

8:17pm Kris: ….

 

8:18pm Baekhyun: Maknae….

 

 

November 14, 2013

 

“Kakao alert: your contact “Chanyeollie~” now has Kakaotalk! Click here to begin chatting.” Dara doesn’t mind the notification that pops up her phone at that moment, she doesn’t even recognize it immediately, only the faint sound of its notification gets her attention, but after that, she continues with her dance practice. After practice, the notification that came that afternoon was long forgotten; instead, she keeps messaging the group that she had made. The boys are insisting on the get-together, and although she is quite hesitant about it (because of her schedule), she is willing, too. Last sets of plans are being set, talks about when their next free schedules would coincide.

 

In EXO’s dorm, the sound of the high-toned “Kakao” is playing all through the dorm; each room had that phone that would ring every minute.

 

Chanyeol is more than frustrated by the tone, he first heard it at six in the morning and it didn’t stop since. Baekhyun has that smile on his face as well every time he opens his phone. Chanyeol is beyond curious, no doubt. Who could Baekhyun be chatting to?

 

November 15, 2013

 

Dara’s phone rings in the middle of the practice room, good thing YG sajangnim went out exactly two minutes before the call. Her brows knit up the second she sees his caller ID blink on her screen. Dara recalls Sehun telling the group chat that they have practices all day, therefore EXO wouldn’t be using their phones. How could the giant be calling her at the moment?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter