Ready to be Back

Dara's XOXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{a/n) I know I'm not keeping half of the deal when I post a chapter every other week :( And I'm really really sorry about that. But i'm on time constraint this school year. And as much as I don't want to be pressured to produce a chapter every other day, I could do that but I don't want to sacrifice the quality and the flow of the story with a chapter that wasn't thought of for alot of days. But nevertheless, I'll try my best to get my records straight so I could update more often. Thanks! 

 

“How is she?”

 

Chanyeol looked up, towards the door to see their leader cowering over him, while he had his hands folded over his chest.

 

“Hm?” Chanyeol mumbled. The lights were turned off; he could only see the silhouette of Kris.

 

Baekhyun, who was Chanyeol's roommate, was sleeping on his side of the bed, snoring off. Baekhyun shuffled in his sheets, mumbling a soft “be quiet” before dozing off again.

 

Chanyeol sat up from his bed, knowing the leader had questions that were waiting to be answered. Kris went out the boys’ room and sat across one of the couches, Chanyeol went to grab the jacket bedside his table, and wore it. He sat across Kris, trying to hide the obvious purpling in his face.

 

When Chanyeol came back after the brawl, he was relieved that all s were settled in their rooms, probably sleeping. It took him off the explaining, for now. He had to put extra concealer to hide the bruise.

 

Chanyeol sat in front of Kris, intending not to turn on the light, but Kris had done it for him. As the dim lights in the living room , Kris’ eyes widened at the sight of Chanyeol’s bruise. But he remained still about it.

 

“How is she?” Kris repeated.

 

“She talked to him, duizhang.” Chanyeol told.

 

“You talked to him, too.” Kris said.

 

“No- I didn’—“

 

 

“That wasn’t a question, Chanyeol. It was a statement.  You talked to G-Dragon hyung.” Kris stoically said.

 

“I—“

 

“Did you taunt him that he had to punch you in the face?”

 

“I didn’t intend to talk to him. It was just the urge of wanting to make him realize the pain he gave her.” Chanyeol reasoned out.

 

Kris sighed, “Did you give back a punch?” He worried. As much as Chanyeol hates the guy, he hoped he still had some sense not to do anything that may bring hate not only to Chanyeol himself, but to the whole EXO.

 

Chanyeol looked down, “No, I didn’t.”

 

Kris nodded.

 

 

“Is she okay?” Kris asked for the nth time, he wouldn’t stop until he gets the answer he wants.

 

“She is. I think she’s moved on? Or maybe she’s that good of not showing what she feels. But nevertheless, I hope she’s okay.”

 

Kris sighed in relief, “She didn’t cry, did she?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head, although the redness of Dara's eyes when he came back were a giveaway that she did.

 

“I’ve been trying to call her, she wasn’t answering her phone.” Kris mumbled.

 

 

Chanyeol’s ears tingled to what he just heard, how much does the two keep in contact? Why was Kris worrying for her so much? Why was there a pang in his heart every time he sees Kris and Dara interact?

 

 

“You seem to talk to her often.” Chanyeol bitterly said.

 

“I’m just worried, Chanyeol. You don’t need to put any meaning on it.” Kris defended.

 

“If you say so, hyung.” Chanyeol shrugged, he trusts his (second) best friend; He knows Kris has no weird intentions anyway.

 

 

“Hey Chanyeol.” Kris called, waking Chanyeol up from his thoughts.

 

“I can get close to Dara, too, right?” He grinned, his gummy smile showing.

 

“Well.. I guess.” Chanyeol shrugged, like he had a say on it.

 

“I think It’s perfectly okay? It’s not like I prevent her from having new friends.” Chanyeol added.

 

“It’s not like you’re the boyfriend to prevent me, too, right?” Kris smiled.

 

“Well, that too.” Chanyeol grimaced. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter