Variety Show

Dara's XOXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both Kai and Chanyeol, together with their manager walk inside the elevator anxiously. Right after Chanyeol cancelled his urgent meeting with Dara (instead Chanyeol messaged Dara that he'd be passing by their dorm after the meeting), the three men had gone to the SM building. None of them knew what the meeting would be about, both members trying to convince themselves that there was actually nothing to be scared of, at least they had each other to hold on to, right? But they were terrified deep down. What boggled them the most was why of all people; they had to be the chosen ones that wer to talk to the President (in the flesh) for such a supposed small matter? In the past, when there were new projects for the group, the manager would be the one to call for a meeting -- but now they were going to a face to face with the CEO.

"Hyung, what is this about, really?" Chanyeol asked the manager quietly.

"I can't tell you about it but all I could say is that the president handpicked both of you to participate on it." The manager tells both kids.

Both Chanyeol and Kai remained silent as they walked the hallway to the president’s office.

"We aren't getting scolded at, right?" Kai worriedly asks.

"I hope not." The manager sighs, he himself isn't clear in knowing what was to be discussed.

"But I thought this was a meeting about a new project? Why are we getting scolded now?" Chanyeol frustratingly whispers.

"Let's not be so sure of ourselves. What if it's everything we thought it would be? In fact you rarely get called to talk to the head. What if I get scolded, too? No one really knows." The manager explained.

“The last time I saw the president was when I accidentally rode the private elevator.” Kai chuckles as he recalls the memory, “I’ve been scared of riding lifts ever since.”

The three of them stopped in front of a wooden brown door, with the initials of the president engraved on its front.

Kai pushed Chanyeol ahead, "You go first, hyung."

Chanyeol shook his head and then went behind the manager. No, you go first manager hyung, faster, please." Chanyeol pushed the manager to the front of the door. The manager gulped, before knocking on the door.

"Come in." A voice from the other side called.

All three of them looked at each other before the manager twisted the door and gently walked inside.

"Ah! Manager Jo, it's you. And you brought the kids as well." The president looks up from his seat, he removes his reading glasses and puts the papers he was reading aside.

All three of them bowed to the president, “Why don't you sit while we discuss your new show? Jongin? Chanyeol-ssi?” The president offers the seats in front of him, and hesitantly, Kai sat.

"N-nae?" Chanyeol looks up, only to get pulled by Kai to the couch. The manager gives Chanyeol a glare and he immediately shuts his mouth.

The president chuckles at how powerful he could be, he laughs loudly at that.

"So I'll start. I assume both of you know that I chose you to participate in this show. Although at first you were scheduled to attend the show, this time, only one of you would be able to get the slot because someone from another company backed out.” The president explains. Cold sweat was starting to streak Chanyeol’s nape, while Kai bit his lip nervously.

“You all know We Got Married is in hot water right now, right? They are being accused of having scripts, and that’s bad for a reality show.”

“Their ratings have significantly dropped, and although what they do in the show is all planned, usually I wouldn’t allow these things but because the director in WGM is a really good friend of mine, it’s like giving back what I owe him. ”

Chanyeol’s heart beat rapidly; he kicked Kai’s foot as it looked like he was dozing off. They disliked those shows because it looked too awkward. Imagine pretending to have feelings for someone you barely knew.

“You wouldn’t be joining the typical set of partners, I have told him that since you have a tight schedule it would only be a special.”

“Sir, both Chanyeol and Kai are joining We got Married?”

The president sighed, “Initially, both of them were to join. But the other company where the lead lady belonged suddenly declined the offer the last minute.” He shrugged. How could Yang Hyun Suk suddenly back out when we talked about this before?

“I was actually rooting for that couple, but I guess it wasn’t true after all.” The president smirks, and then looks towards Chanyeol’s side.

Chanyeol looks up at the President and curiously wonders who was supposed to be the one to be partnered.

“So, your partner would be Krystal. I’m sure you know her, right?” The president turns his chair and then stands up.

“Well, because you’re both here, we should discuss who would be the one to take the role.” Everything about the president spelled finality, spelled dominance, and whatever he says would be done.

“Manager-ssi, who do you suggest? Kai or Chanyeol?”

“In terms of popularity, Kai surpasses Chanyeol by a bit, but sir if you want to have an Oppa-dongsaeng relationship, Chanyeol would be a better choice.”

The president held his chin, he pulled on his drawer, and then pulled out three photos, it were of the three of them – Chanyeol, Kai and Krystal.

He so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter