16th of December

Dara's XOXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And if we ever leave a legacy, it's that we loved each other well

 

How does it feel? Could their heartbeats be heard despite the sound of crickets filling up the night of Seoul?

 

Between the long sleepless, and not-so-thoughtless nights that she always has nowadays, tonight, she isn’t going to be distressed, tonight, as soon as she lies her head on her pillow, she’s going to fall asleep; why you may ask? Because everything feels so right for Dara. The last time they almost kissed, Dara couldn’t fall asleep, but this time they did kiss – ahh, how could Dara explain the feeling? It was too much for her to handle – but she wasn’t shocked; she let it happen, too. Because when he leaned in, she closed her eyes. (Dara why are you acting like this? Stop spazzing over it!!) Although you could tell that she was honestly, at the least, anticipating that event (not because she wanted it to happen okay – she was just curious about the spark). Spark, how would you tell a spark? Isn’t it that kiss that makes one light headed, it makes a heart race, and makes you want to kiss the other person again and again. Dara shakes her head, “Agh! San. Dara. Park.” Dara blames her curiosity for the sudden kiss. It was unplanned, uncalled for, but it happened (and she liked it).

 

Dara’s heart had opened up, this time, again, clearly having to feel something familiar as her first love. First loves are pure loves – because you tend to give it your all, with the bonus of your innocence. First love, love – a big word, a word Dara doesn’t normally throw to anyone, she loved Chanyeol, right? He was her friend, her special friend, and -- how many weeks, months, a year (probably), have Chanyeol been looking out on Dara? It was too long to count. But instead of rushing things, she took things slow, with him. Because Dara knows that Chanyeol knows how to wait (and Dara is worth waiting for), and Chanyeol deserves something sure.

 

"Chanyeol, just give me a little more time." She whispers before she succumbs to sleep.

 

 

On the other side of Seoul, Chanyeol is, too, lying on his back, thinking of the same thing. Ha, they say when you're fated for each other, when you think alike.

Surreal -- everything felt so unreal for Chanyeol. The night right after his birthday, he couldn't fall asleep no matter what he did. He twisted and turned under his blanket, he flipped the cold side of the pillow, he played violin songs on his iPod, but nada. He couldn't sleep.

 

If people would ask Chanyeol if how was his birthday celebration -- "the best one ever!" would be all he could say -- maybe it would also beat that time when he went to Lotte world with his friends back on his thirteenth birthday, or that time they celebrated it with Baekhyun and the boys on their first year debut.

 

Chanyeol’s day started off with work, he enjoys work, of course. They were filming for Showtime the whole day; apparently the boys bought him gifts (while they left him to go shopping on his own). A simple party then followed it with the co-members -- the gifts weren't the biggest part of the celebration, but it was the joy he was gifted with. And lastly, if things couldn't get better, was also the cherry on top on Chanyeol’s cake – was the simple get together-slash date he had with Dara.

 

He wanted to invite Dara for a small celebration, but with the tight schedule that he was given, he didn’t get to plan (or even get a reservation at the least), if only dinner dates were that easy. Dates. Chanyeol claims it as such, although Dara might deny it a couple of times, every moment he spends with Dara would be called dates by Chanyeol.

 

So the moment they were dismissed, he only knew he was going to pick up Dara, not knowing of the small (or for Chanyeol it was grand) surprise that she had planned for him. Dara knows how much Chanyeol wishes for a collaboration, they talk about it endless times a day. She would joke about it – telling Chanyeol that someday it will happen, he still thinks otherwise. But now that he was in the studio, pulled and locked, together with Teddy hyung, and his Dara, wow was all he could say. Dara is going all the way for him – for his birthday, and all he could give him back was his wide grin for gratitude.

 

Closer, the song Chanyeol’s sunbae-nim had sung for the drama, of course he knew the song, he had watched a few episodes of the drama, and its soundtrack had stuck to his head a couple of times. Hearing the song from Taeyeon, Chanyeol could remember Jaehee and Taejoon’s love story. But hearing Dara’s voice sing the track, this time, it feels unusual. Special, because this time, they’re singing about their own story.

 

The song had pulled him in, as if the words are speaking right from her mind, and implanting it, tattooed on his heart. Was this a confession – a realization? Chanyeol was oblivious of it. Does Dara like him the way he likes her? Does Dara's heart beat whenever Chanyeol smiles like the way his heart beats erratically, too? Does Dara anticipate every time they would meet?

 

And when Chanyeol had melted from Dara’s stare, his eyes dropped down to her lips. Chanyeol gulps. Those lips that he had almost kissed the last time, the lips that gave him sleepless curious nights and those lips… that are now on his’. Chanyeol closes his eyes in synergy with Dara’s closed eyes, and for a few seconds, they remain intact as such. He had just kissed Dara, and if this was a dream, it was a cruel one. But the pinching on his arm told him otherwise. It was all real, everything was real. Dara. The kiss. The feelings. And even the bells that are ringing from the angels above.

 

Days had passed, both Chanyeol and Dara hadn’t spoken about the incident since, no one wanted to bring it up because how could you suddenly say something as precious, something as lovely as that. They took every day as a normal day, talking as friends over the phone, wishing each other good luck and hwaiting~! for every performance.

 

And after the kiss, there was one thing that Dara thought was missing; it was the #5 on her list. Dara was hanging out with Chaerin, Seungri and Youngbae when she suddenly brought the topic of Chanyeol as they talked, it was when “What do you guys think when a girl is to do a confession?”  was uttered that made their conversation turn into an uproar, immediately making Dara regret the sudden question. The boys were okay with it, but Chaerin was adamant against it, she had said that girls shouldn’t be the one to confess first.

 

“But we’re already living in the twenty-first century, Chae.” Seungri tells his girl.

“But still, panda.”

 

“And Dara noona had gone a long way, too. Hasn’t she been doing the little project? That’s just the finale she has been waiting for. And I’m guessing Chanyeol wouldn’t be confessing any time soon. That guy has no confidence, really.”

 

“You sound like you know him well, Seungri.” Youngbae butts in while Seungri was delivering his monologue.

“Anyway, noona, I, myself, am not against it. But how are you going to do it then?” Youngbae asks Dara.

 

"I have Kris helping me with it, actually." Dara says, scratching the back of her head.

“Kris? Are you serious unnie? Of all people you just had to ask that guy?” Chaerin complains, not because she abhors the tall guy, but she knows of his feelings.

 

“Yea, he immediately said yes when I asked him to. And who else could I ask?” Dara obliviously asks back.


“Anyone but Kris! Unnie!” Chaerin sighs, she could feel her own heart breaking for Kris.

 

"How long has he known the plan?"

 

"Well he doesn't concretely know about it yet, but we're meeting soon to talk about it and he's totally willing to help me, too."

 

Chaerin could only shake her head.

 

Seungri on the other hand sent Dara a smirk, "So, are you really sure about it now?"

 

"More than sure! I just think this is the perfect time."

 

“Okay, if that’s what you feel then we’re all right behind you. He was the one that healed your broken heart, so I’m guessing he wouldn’t be the first to break it all over again.” Seungri nods, the overprotective side of him finally showing – of course the boys only want to protect the family.

Dara smiles.

 

Youngbae was the next to talk this time, he places his hand over Dara’s, “He isn't going to break your heart, right? Because with Jiyong, I could turn my back on him, since well, he is just Jiyong, and I could punch him if he hurts you -- but with this Chanyeol, I just don't know if the other members would beat me to pulp if I hurt him.” Taeyang laughs.

“Don't even get started with the fans, ‘bae. They’re scarier.” Seungri adds a comment.

 

~

"Hey Baekhyun. I watched a movie the other day. And the story revolves around a couple, they act like lovers, but they aren't "in a relationship""

 

"Don't tell me they're pretending be boyfriend-girlfriend? I have watched that movie too!" Baekhyun cuts Chanyeol’s sentence.

"No no! Not that. Let me finish."

 

“They spend time with each other, and only each other, too. And everyone thinks they are together. I think even themselves think that they are but they aren’t officially together.”

 

“Are they like, hm, friends-with-benefits?” Baekhyun wiggles his eyebrows paired with his grim.

“Noooo~” He whines.

 

Baekhyun sighs, now focusing his attention to Chanyeol, “Okay then, what is it about?” He asks.

 

“Well, I was just wondering, if they want to take their relationship up a notch then wouldn’t it be awkward? They’d be saying they don’t want to ruin the friendship.”

“What do you want, really? Tell me.” He honestly looks at the tall guy, asking him about his real dilemma.

 

“It’s just, sometimes it’s so confusing. You know, we don’t have a label yet she acts all sweet to me, she calls me yeollieboo and one time it was yeobo, too. And then she sang me a song, and we kisse--” Chanyeol stops right there, he said too much, did he?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter