Push and Pull

Dara's XOXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right after the dance, Chanyeol and the other members went home as they were fetched by their raging manager all of the sudden. You could almost picture the look on the manager’s face as he was pulling Kai and Sehun by the ear when he found them getting drunk on the bar. Sehun and Kai had apologized to all the other guests as their manager was throwing a fit in the party.

 

Kris and Baekhyun had calmed him down, telling them that they’ll have Chanyeol explain the sudden trip by the sea without informing their head manager.

And Chanyeol was suddenly being dragged out too.

 

When the members arrived to their dorm, the manager gave them a good scolding, especially pressing it harder towards Chanyeol, but he had no emotions to give back. Chanyeol had just nodded in defeat and let him take all the blame. Although the other boys had told the manager that it wasn’t just Chanyeol’s decision to come to the party, the manager had selfishly blamed him for being the leader of the plan.

 

After a good ten-minute scolding, the boys apologized to Chanyeol, and left to rest in their rooms. Baekhyun left Chanyeol in the living room, and so did Kai and Sehun. While Kris remained seated on the couch as he watched Chanyeol.

 

“Chanyeol.” He calls, but Chanyeol doesn’t look up.

 

“Chanyeol, you know what? I don’t know why Baekhyun is mad at me, and apparently you are, too. B is telling me to stay away from Dara, but I don’t see anything wrong with i--” He was cut off when Chanyeol’s head turned to him.

 

“You’re right, nothing is wrong with being close to Dara noona. Do you like her?” He suddenly says, Chanyeol’s fists tightening up.

 

“Chanyeol, I don’t want to sacrifice our friendship over some random girl.” Kris tries to coo him down, walking closer to him. Kris doesn't realize he didn't answer Chanyeol's thrown message.

 

“THAT—She isn’t just a random girl, Kris, you know how much she means to me.” Chanyeol hisses, and Kris knows that you can’t fight fire with fire, so he stays calm while Chanyeol rages over him.


 

“But she’s my friend too, Chanyeol. You can’t just tell me to stop being friends with a person. How do you think she would feel?”  Kris negotiates.

 

“You know what? Why do I even bother when in the end, she’ll end up being with you, right?” Chanyeol says.

 

 

Kris doesn't have time to talk when Chanyeol suddenly shoves him away: “You’re trying to steal her away from me. Isn’t she having a crush on you enough for you?! Isn't being friends enough for you!” Chanyeol’s voice becomes louder.

 

“I didn’t ask for her to—“

 

“BULL ” A fist suddenly comes in contact with Kris’ face, ending up in a bruise by his lips.

 

“If I have to avoid Dara noona for you not to hate me, then I would. Just don’t let this thing ruin the friendship we have established.” Kris says, touching the corner of his lips, seeing blood has started oozing out.

Because of the commotion, other members have suddenly woken up hearing the noises from the outside. Suho and Baekhyun immediately went to the two, moving them away from each other’s reach while the other members could just watched the events unfold, they weren't allowed to help as to not make the situation bigger.

 

 

 

That night, Baekhyun talked to Chanyeol in their room.

“What happened back there?” Baekhyun asks, although he could practically what they were debating about.

 

“I don’t know, I was just really mad, and then the words he was saying didn’t make sense.” Chanyeol admittedly says now that his mind has been calmed down.

“They didn’t make sense or was it because you didn’t want to believe them?”

 

Baekhyun sighs, “Chanyeol-ah, Kris is my friend, and you’re my friend too.  And Kris, Kris is your friend, too. Good thing Tao was sleeping or I bet he’d be crying the moment he saw you laying a fist on Kris.”

 

Chanyeol had his head down in shame, what has gotten into him to suddenly be as mad as that? He never holds grudges, he rarely gets into fights, but at that moment, it was as if his mind got blurred up with being mad at the EXO-M leader.

 

“Don’t let things like this break your relationship with Kris, I’m sure he means no harm. Dara noona is a friend to all of us, and for all I know, she didn’t mean for it to happen. And Kris was sincere that if you want him to avoid Dara, he will. You know that Kris has always been worried for you since day one, and he wouldn’t do anything intentionally to hurt you.” Baekhyun explains.

“So I hope you talk to Kris, fix it, okay?” He pats the big guy’s shoulder.

 

Chanyeol goes out of their shared room, and sees Kris with the leader on the living room couch. He sees Suho attempt to place ointment on Kris’ bruised lip, as guilt starts to fill up his heart. Suho sees Chanyeol, and stops. Kris looks behind, to why Suho suddenly tensed up and sees Chanyeol right in front of him.

 

Suho leaves the ointment on the table, and gives an excuse that he has something to do in the kitchen.

 

Chanyeol awkwardly sits in the chair Suho was a while ago, and fiddles with the ointment. Kris doesn’t dare look at the guy, as he was scared that he’d get another punch on the face – one was already too much for an idol.

 

Chanyeol clears his throat, then mumbles a “Sorry.” Kris looks up then looks at him earnestly.

“Kris hyung, I’m really sorry with what I did.” He admits.


“I didn’t know what I was thinking. And I should have thought about our friendship before anything else. You’re part of my family now, EXO is my family now and I don’t know how it happened that I have hurt you.. I’m really really sorry.”

 

“Chanyeol, don’t be sorry. I—maybe I really deserve what you gave me. If you think I’m getting too close with Dara-ssi, then I will avoid her of all costs from now on. I don’t want things like this tainting our friendship.”

 

“No.”

“Don’t.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter