Disclosure

Dara's XOXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In only a moment's time, I knew my heart was yours and yours was mine.

Oh, you smiled as if to say I knew my heart was yours from the first day.

 

Dara was holding two pieces of paper in her hand, the other is evidently crumpled, and the other, slightly creased. These two papers had been the symbol of their story, Chanyeol and her. How amazing was it that such small notes could change a lot of things, only a set of steps, and a whole pound of effort, combined with time had brought them to where they were now – Dara, fidgety, standing in the middle of the Inkigayo hallway, awaiting to enter the waiting room to which was designed and dressed up according to plan, waiting for her prince charming. Prince charming, you say it like it’s such a cliché thing.

 

Days before the sixteenth, she had been quarrelling with Kris about the place. Kris wanted to do it in Lotte world (which anyone would admit was honestly too cheesy) but Dara immediately shook her head. Doing it in a crowded place would just attract a lot of people, and unwanted paparazzi as well. Kris then suggested the ice skating rink, which he also suggested that they reserve the whole place – Dara said no as well, telling Kris that she wasn’t good in skating. Kris then suggested a rose garden, to which Dara’s eyes glistened at the thought but then she realized, it was winter, they weren’t in bloom.

 

 

So in the end, they end up in the white waiting room of the Inkigayo studio, in actuality, Dara had the place in mind right from the start – hoping to end things where they first met. End, Dara is to confess today, in less than a day, in an hour or two. The 2NE1 girls know, some of the BIGBANG kids know, and Kris knows, she had limited letting anyone know about her plan. Other than that circle, the others might not understand why, why she was the one doing these tasks, but do you really need to have a reason for it? Much like asking if you always have to live by rules.

 

Kris, speaking of the guy, the confession he had done the last time had honestly taken Dara aback, all this time, she thought of Kris as a good friend, not someone who would be harboring feelings for her. She feels sorry, suddenly the tightening of her chest when Kris had smiled to her, not as genuine as before. She suddenly remembers Chanyeol's semi-confession the last time. She had kept that letter up until today, having it hidden safely. But what could she do, she had only one heart -- and she wouldn't get to reciprocate the feelings of Kris, too. Ah, love is so complicated.

 

With trembling hands, Dara turns on the silver doorknob; she has no idea what the room looks like yet (since Duizhang volunteered to do everything, and absolutely everything), just hoping Kris did not over exaggerate what they initially planned abstractly.

 

 

Dara's eyes widen at the sight of the boys inside the room, all the EXO members were present, excluding Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Taken aback, she hides both papers at her back pocket, "What are you guys doing here?" Dara asks the remaining ten guys who were in the waiting room, her question more directed to the EXO-M leader.

 

"We're here to help you." Instead, Kai replies, smugly.

 

"Help me? For what?" Dara feigned not knowing.

 

"You know what it is about, noona." Luhan smiles charmingly, his eyebrows raising to .

 

Dara's mouth goes agape, and then she looks at the Duizhang, "Why'd you bring the others?" She whispers, squinting her eyes to the Exo-M leader.

 

"Help." Kris repeats, now in English.

 

Dara's eyes move to the other members, Suho and Lay were blowing the pink and blue balloons, Kyungsoo was helping Xiumin with the polaroid pictures and, well, Sehun and Tao were fixing the cake (why was there a cake by the way, Kris?) And for the remaining members, Chen and Kai were seated on the couch and were smirking right at her.

 

Dara frustratingly sighs at the set up, then pulls Kris immediately by his arm, "So that means they know that I'm going to, you know, confess?" Her ears redden in embarrassment.

 

"Of course!" Kris beams, seemingly proud of what he had done.

 

"Why?" She asked with much disbelief.

 

"So they know the plan." Kris simply explains, laughing. Dara looked cute when she's panicking this way.

 

Dara complains, "The plan? But it's embarrassing, Kris!!" She bites her lower lip in worry.

 

"What is? I told you I would help you, right? And you said you wanted a reenactment, so here they are now." Kris explains pointing to the nine guys sheepishly smiling.

 

"But how could I do now that all of you would be watching?" Dara worries.

 

“But isn’t it that if you like him that much, you would do anything for him?” Suho speaks this time, “Sorry for interrupting you, Dara-ssi, but I just think this is a special day, and I bet Chanyeol would like it more if you’d be proud and confident about it.”

 

Dara sighs, not having anything to say of the topic, Of course I am confident about it.

 

"But isn’t this too much?" Dara asks, seeing the designed room for the first time as her eyes skimmed the room.

 

"Too much? But this is too little!" Sehun beams, standing up from the couch.

 

"Do you like it, noona?" He adds.

 

"It's too grand!" It's too much, Chanyeol might not like it, no, I bet he wouldn't like it, he'll say no immediately; I'm making a fool out of my self.

 

"Grand? I told you it was exaggerated, Sehun." Kris smacks the back of Sehun's head playfully.

 

"But hyung, you were the one who told me to---" A hand suddenly covers the maknae's mouth. Kris is suddenly laughing awkwardly, and then he changes the topic back, "Chanyeol would like it, for sure. That lucky guy." Kris smiles at Dara, to which she blushes instinctively.

 

"Where is he right now?" She suddenly questions, sitting beside Sehun by the couch (Tao moves away).

 

"He's with Baekhyun. We all told him we're going out for different reasons today. And then he asked me if I was going to visit you on set today, of course I said yes." Kris tells Dara.

 

“He’s going to get jealous in no time.” Luhan butts in.

 

“Trust me, Lu, he already is.” Kris smirks, he then goes back to topic, "I already told Baekhyun that he would watch the kid for a while, and then we'd call them when everything's ready."

 

“And now that everything’s ready, you’re the only one we’re waiting, are you ready?” Kris asks, Dara questions the same.

 

“Almost.” Dara grins.

 

“Well then you have five seconds to get ready, since Chanyeol is coming here in a minute.” Kris tells Dara, Kris moves closer to Dara, with him sharing the small couch with her.

 

 

Her eyes widen, how would she prepare her mind within a minute. Dara doesn't know how to start her message, although the speech she had made the other day was memorized, her head was having a mental turmoil right now. How could she do it, she asks herself. This would be her first time, first time to do an event, first time to confess, first time for these feelings -- who wouldn't be scared? To her previous boyfriends, she was always the one to be surprised, but now, she was trying to do something out of her ordinary -- in comparison, to her, Chanyeol was Dara's extraordinary.

 

 

Dara bets that five seconds is completely through, but the door hadn't moved an inch, no wind, nada. A few more seconds pass when a roaring Chanyeol enters the waiting room pushing the door wide. Chanyeol immediately spots Dara and Kris seated together, awkwardly looking at him, with Kris’ arm over Dara’s shoulder.

 

“Chanyeol, wait!” Baekhyun says, which confuses most of everyone in the room, as he followed the taller guy.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter