Play a Game: Dell Version

The MuZik, 24/17?

Dell's POV

'Great, look who's on my team, I got the 'oppa' and the smart one.' I thought with regret written all over my face. I, being the faithful and good maknae of Muzik, wasted no time gathering Samuel and Dongjin to my side. Although there was some bickering, I was smart enough to put up with Samuel's endless whining. Dongjin was pretty quiet though... that was odd.

Just as Samuel opened his mouth to reply to my millionth 'be quiet' when we were approached by JR. He flashed me a dazzling smile and went into a headlock with Samuel (a headlock is just when you grab someone's head).

"Aye maknae, are you causing trouble again? Aish, we ought to do something about you," he joked but Samuel didn't seem to pick up the message.

"What? I didn't do nothing," he pouted.

"Well if you didn't do nothing then you must've done something," I pointed out with a roll of my eyes.

"Why you-" Samuel took a bold step forward but JR was quicker, he grabbed Samuel around the waist to keep him still, all this time Dongjin was silently observing.

"Alright guys, don't fight, since you're all immature youngsters then I shall be accompanying you while you're on your mission!" He smiled again. He did have a point, thought frankly I didn't think much about surveillance.

"Well, all the other groups are leaving, what does your card say?" JR looked at me expectantly. I snapped out of my brief reverie and showed him the card. "Ah I know where that theater is, it's fairly close to the Pledis building so that's ok. Let's go!" He shouted enthusiastically.

We followed JR to a small local theater and when he instructed that I hold the boys' hands while we crossed the road where there wasn't a pedestrian crossing, I almost glared at him but then remembered in a nick of time that he was my senior and that I had to respect him. I bitterly held onto their hands.

Samuel held my hand too tight and it was very uncomfortable for that short minute but on the other side of me, silent Dongjin's hand was soft and just slightly bigger than mine and he was just hanging. His hand was so soft; did he use hand cream or something? Nah, and his hands were so warm ^^ probably cause he kept them in his pockets or something- wait... why am I thinking about this?

I shook my head and continued to listen to what JR sunbae was telling us. "Now remember, you have to look very carefully, leave no chair unturned and be very quiet because this is private property," he warned.

We nodded and started diligently searching for the red and black 17 card. I took the first aisle of seats with Dongjin while Samuel insisted on searching the the food section. I took a browse through small pamphlets while Dongjin searched under all the seats, it must've been at least an hour before JR came up to us with a tired looking Samuel and asking if we'd seen anything yet.

We both shook our heads in disappointment that Samuel hadn't found anything either, and JR wasn't being much of a help when he said that it was against the rules for him to help us; even though we pleaded him.

Head drooping, I plodded to the nearest chair. Plunking down heavily on the cushion like a weighted stone, something fluttered at the edge of my view, I glanced to the side to see the back of one of our 17 cards! It had been wedged in between the cushion and the chair, it must've flew out when I sat on it.

"Yah! Dongjin, Samuel, JR sunbaenim!" I yelled excitedly.

"I found it!" I whispered. Their eyes lit up and Dongjin went back to pull JR along and show him. I turned it over and read out the words on the card, but not too loud this time :3.

"***** ******** Aquatic Centre, and the clue is a picture of a-"

"Hat! It looks just like my one!" Samuel interrupted.

"It's called a snapback smart one," I really couldn't care less if I had offended him this time because I was so proud that it had been me that found the card. JR rounded us up and we rushed to the door.

"Whoa!" I was running so fast I had nearly crashed into a person... but not just any person.

"Janette? What are you doing here?" I tilted my head at the familiar sight of my unnie.

"Uhh... isn't this...." she looked up at the sign and then turned around to glare at a cheeky Seokmin. "Yah! Pabo, this isn't the library, i thought you knew your way around," she scolded, turning back around and running away with a puffing Hansol trailing after her.

"...Well that was weird."


 

Whoa! I haven't posted a new chapter in AGES! sorry to keep whoever is reading this waiting, i know it's been a long time but thank you for being patient 😁 - Mimi