Play a Game: Janette Version

The MuZik, 24/17?

Janette’s POV

 

(ofc it’s Janette’s POV who else would it be lol)

 

"Get your teams and line up!” I heard Angel’s call.

 

"Strange. Why would she be the one the gather everyone? Meh~ beats me." I wondered to myself.

 

I gathered my pair of boys from 17. I had eventually deciphered the code on my little piece of paper and turns out, I got Hansol and Seokmin.

 

“Hansol-ah, come on, let’s get Seokmin oppa, you guys are with me,” I half lead, half dragged Hansol’s arm to a random place that I hoped Seokmin would be.

 

“Seokmin! Over here!” Hansol yelled to somewhere I could see over Mingyu the human tower.

 

“What? I’m coming!” I heard Seokmin’s reply. He appeared, squeezing in a space between Seungkwan and Jisoo.

 

“Hey what’s going on now?” He scratched his head in confusion.

 

“Well, as you can see, we’re lining up now for our groups to start the game and I’ve been put with you guys. Kaja!”

 

(A/N: Kaja = let’s go! In Korean)

 

I tried to find an open space next to Ashaa’s trio so we could line up but Aron from Nu ‘Est stopped me.

 

“Oh Hansol and Seokmin’s group! Uhhh, you must be Janette I presume?” He asked.

 

“Nae sunbae-nim, we were just lining up!” I replied politely.

 

“Oh, don’t worry you guys are with me! And since we have uneven numbers of groups then we’ll also be with Angel’s group. Are you familiar with Angel?”

 

‘Ha! If only I weren’t’ I thought.

 

“Yeah,” was all I answered.

 

“Awesome, ok. Hang on there, I’m just gonna go and check on the other groups.”

 

“Hey Angel! So who have you got in your group?”

 

Of course, I already knew and recognised their faces but this was just to strike up conversation so the atmosphere wouldn’t awkward.

 

“Woah! Janette! Since when were you in my group? I have THIS annoying excuse for a person, Mingming and Junhui.” She rolled her eyes.

 

“Well first of all, I’m not in your group. As you can see I have a group of my own,” I motioned towards Hansol and Seokmin. “And second of all, I’d prefer if you didn’t call Mingming a thing -.- he is a human too.”

 

“Whatever.” She replied.

 

‘She really doesn’t live up to her name,’ I thought bitterly.

 

I just silently walked to the back of the line, which was behind Junhui and Hansol and Seokmin trailed after me, engaged in their own conversation. Soon Aron came back with news that the other groups were doing fine and we could start the game.

 

He ran through the rules with everyone and the objective of the game.

 

“Ok guys, well in your little groups of 3 your mission is to go around Seoul, not the WHOLE city, just the local suburbs and find these,” he fished out of his pocket, a bunch of red palm cards with the 17 logo on the back of them.

 

“These are your destination cards, they have the next destination written on them where you will find and gather clues. You’ll start off with this one,” he handed Angel and I a card each “don’t turn them over yet. On them, is a destination and a clue. Who knows what the clue is? It could be a picture of something or a riddle or just the clue straightforwardly. The aim is to go to all the destinations situated around Seoul, collect the cards and add all the clues together to form a sentence. The sentence will be an instruction for tomorrow’s event. Everyone will be separated so don’t even think of making alliances,” he winked at me before leaving.

 

‘Why me huh? He could’ve winked at Angel, she looks cheekier than me!’ I thought but nonetheless, turned the card over.

 

There were 2 lines, the top one had the place written on it as Aron had told us, it was a local café, and the bottom line... well it wasn’t really a line but it was a picture of the two acting masks, comedy and tragedy.

“Ok, so I guess we go to the café first and our starting clue is a mask,” I concluded, turning to the boys who nodded.

 

“Ok groups! Let the games begin!” I heard Baekho say.

 

“C’mon guys, let’s go!” Seokmin grabbed our hands and rushed towards the door.

 

We scattered all over the place, occasionally getting a glimpse of one another through the mad rush out the Pledis building. I didn’t have much experience with the streets of Seoul and Hansol wasn’t that familiar either so of course, we let Seokmin lead us everywhere.

 

We looked for the little café around the area first, even asking a few strangers because we were just that desperate!

 

“Found it!” I yelled to the 2 boys and pointed to a small stand-up sign outside of a window-less café.

 

“Awesome,” Hansol yelled and ran over to me and Seokmin.

We all rushed to the café and entered. There was a little bell that jingled as we all slightly pushed the door open. A lady that looked in her late 30s behind the counter smiled at us as we walked in, we bowed politely and I walked up to her, not forgetting to admire my surroundings. There were pretty, little, silver snowflakes adorning the ceiling and a light breeze from the air conditioning in the corner that gently blew them around made it seem magical.

 

“Silehamnida, we are trainees from Pledis Entertainment nearby, did anyone come here to hide a card by any chance?” I asked, smiling to seem friendly.

 

(A/N: Silehabnida, shi-le-ham-ni-da = excuse me formally)

 

“Oh sorry, even if someone did happen to pass by, we don’t keep a record of customers,” she smiled back sympathetically.

 

“That’s ok, umm, may we look around for a bit please?”

 

“Of course, it’s a public area.”

 

“Kamsahabnida,” I bowed once more and then motioned to Seokmin and Hansol to look around for the card.

 

(A/N: Kamsahabnida, kam-sam-ni-da = thank you formally)

 

We looked everywhere for it, under chairs and tables, behind pot plants, behind the counter desk even but there was still no sign of it. I had nearly given up hope for finding it when I heard a loud crash that attracted most of customer’s attention.

 

Hansol and Seokmin had bumped into each other under a table and Hansol had backed out, bumping into a chair and then causing it to fall over.

 

“Ahh, chesonghabnida,” Hansol lowered his head shamefully and bowed multiple times to each customer and the staff.

 

(A/N: chesonghabnida, che-song-ham-ni-da = sorry formally)

 

“Aish Hansol, you should really be more careful next time,” I playfully scolded him “Seokmin, you too, why don’t you guys try and look up for once instead of looking down do much.”

 

‘OMG I can't believe they thought I literally meant look up,’ I thought.

 

“Yah! Janette-ssi! It’s up there! Look!” Seokmin grabbed me by the shoulders and point up toward the air conditioning.

 

“...What? I don’t see anything,” I looked around frantically.

 

“It’s stuck inside the aircon!” He continued excitedly.

 

“Oh! I see it now!” Hansol exclaimed and then picked me up.

 

“Ahhh! Put me down at once Hansol!” I hit him.

 

“There!” He shoved me right in front of the cold air, making me shiver.

 

At last I saw it, the black and red card, jammed inside the aircon. I stuck my hand out and retrieved it, bringing it down into Seokmin’s hands.

 

“Awesome!” We crowded around him to read it together.

 

“Oh! I know that library! It’s just down the street from here, we go there to research for our school assignments!” Seokmin said, referring to the destination.

 

“And the clue is... in English?!” Hansol sounded so confused.

 

“E.G.A.T.S,” I read out in fluent English, “hmmm, what could it mean though?”

 

Hansol and I thought for a second....

 

“Oh! Maybe the letters and jumbled together!” He suggested.

 

I looked at the letters more closely... then I realised.

 

“Wait! It spells out ‘stage’ backwards!”

 

“Oh yeah, it does!”

 

“Uhh, guys... what are you saying?” Seokmin interrupted.

 

“Oh right, sorry,” Hansol and I were too excited about the clue in English letters that we completely forgot that Seokmin couldn’t understand so Hansol quickly translated for him.

 

He nodded in agreement and we set of for the next destination!


Written by Mimi