Prom-2

The Evil Twin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to this while reading

 

 

When Jinyoung returned back, he was on his own. I did not want to ask him what he exactly talked with his brother about but he himself sat down and said:

„Sorry about that.“ I only smiled and replied: „It doesn't matter. I am used to it by now.“ I couldn't help that bitter smile stretch across my face and it couldn't look any more fake.

Jinyoung looked at me with a serious expression.

„No, __. It does matter. Don't you see? He is being rude to you and you are way too nice. You say you are not bothered by it, but it does bother you. He needs to be told off, someone needs to tell him that the way he is treating you is not ok! And I don't even know how he even found THAT girl.“

The way he said „that“ made her seem like someone unworthy, like some trash. Hearing Jinyoung so worked up was so unusual to me. It was so unlike him. But his words were more than true. Jiyong was being evil ever since I had met him and not much had changed about it. It was difficult to get over it, since a part of me was still hoping for him to be nice to me and to like me back just a little. A part of me still couldn't forget how his eyes would look tender at times, how his eyes would soften and I didn't want to give up my hope for him to reveal to me his good side. I believed in the good in him and the fact that he showed his good side to me in his actions made it even more difficult to stop falling further for him. But I shouldn't. He was definitely not interested in me. Because if he were, why was he getting himself girls like there is no tomorrow? Wouldn't he bother to at least change his attitude towards me for just a little bit?

In that moment Jinyoung voiced out:

 

„See,__. I have got an idea and I really hope you won't mind.“ I perked my ears at that and looked up. Jinyoung leaned forward over the table to fill me in on the idea of his. I leaned in as well, since it seemed like something he wouldn't want other people to hear.

„Shoot.“ He cleared his voice, and lowered his gaze. Wait. Was he blushing?

„I...what I wanted to say is..Look..I had this idea. You like Jiyong right?“ Er..what was that about? Of course I did like him but somehow I felt reluctant to admit this in front of his twin. I was aware he had feelings for me as well and I didn't want to hurt them by simply voicing it out.

„I..I.“ I couldn't believe I was actually stuttering. Seeing me getting all shy, Jinyoung forgot about his own embarassement and grabbed my hand.

„___. No need to deny it. We know you have had a crush on him for a long time. Heck, you have been his fan! I don't blame you. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I just want to help you, I want him to regret being an towards you.“ He paused and I blushed, looking away to avoid his eyes. His words hit home. His hand on mine felt warm and tingly. I didn't dare to retract it, but somehow I felt uncomfortable. I didn't want to lead him on. Not this sweet person, who had been an amazing person to me all this time.

„So I have this idea.“ He cleared his voice again.“__. What do you think if we pretend?“

I looked back at him, not quite getting what he meant. „What do you think of us pretending? To... be a couple?“

I looked at him in shock, my eyes widening. What did he just suggest? Us pretending to be a couple?

„Just for some time.“, he added quickly. I was so shocked I forgot to say something and I realised that he was starting to get uncomfortable at my silence.

„But Jinyoung..why?“ Was my only pathetic reply. My thinking was somehow blocked and I couldn't come up with a possible reason for his suggestion.

He grinned at me and sat back, crossing his arms. „To make him jealous of course. You see, he is not that unaffected to what you do or think. He is just covering his feelings with anger and rude behaviour. Why do you think he is using me as an excuse? He is always telling you to stay away from me because I am his oh so precious twin. It's all a lie. Yes, he loves me but please, __.Let's be honest: he has never cared about any girl that liked me or befriended me. I don't meddle in his affairs, nor does he in mine. This has always been this way, until you came along.“ He paused to take a deep breath.

„__.“ I shuddered innerly, when he called my name, it rolled off his tongue so differently.

„Ever since you came, his attitude changed. Believe me, my twin is not evil. He is the nicest guy you can meet out there. He is not that much different from me character wise, but somehow he changed 180 degrees when you came along. Don't you wonder why that is? It's all because of you, because of how you affect him. And you shouldn't affect him because you are just a fan. Sorry, this sounds harsh, but ever since that incident...“ He stopped to talk. I looked up.

„What incident?“ He shook his head.

„Ah no.. I am not supposed to tell you this. But there was this one incident and after that he is being extra cautious towards his fans. He has build a wall around himself and around his heart and somehow you managed to damage it, the wall that was not supposed to get damaged. And that made him angry. With his anger he is just trying to recover his wall from that damage.“

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Was that true? Was Jiyong really affected by me? And how would that explain his anger and rudeness? But Jinyoung's words seemed so reasonable and I wanted hard to believe them. And what was the incident he didn't want to tell me about?

„Jinyoung, I seriously don't know if us pretending to be together will make him jealous. Maybe he will just get more mad at me because apparently he doesn't want me around you.“

I felt his hand squeeze mine. „Just trust me this once, __.“, he said and I believed him.

It was so easy to believe him. It was easy to believe in something that seemed to be like a distant dream that I did not even dare to imagine.

 

Eventually we stood up and left the table to look around at the party scenery and actually enjoy ourselves and start the game. Jinyoung held onto my elbow and led me to the dance floor. We danced to a few songs, and I had to admit, I was surprised to see the nerd Jinyoun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter