Game

The Evil Twin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Beware: long chapter ahead! Enjoy!

 

 

OC's POV: I woke up from the most restless sleep ever dreaming of pools and of constant struggling to swim. As I drifted more and more into the depths of the water, my breathing slowly being cut off by the dark waves, I woke up with a jerk in bed, panting and feeling the small drops of sweat on my forehead.

It took me quiet a time to realize that it was just a dream and I looked around in the unfamiliar room I was lying in. Yesterday's memories came back flooding to my mind and I instantly looked at the clock to see what time we had: 8 O'clock in the morning. Way too early given the fact I went to sleep so late, but I couldn't sleep anymore. Wondering what I should do, I decided to stand up and leave my room. Somehow I felt odd, being in an unfamiliar house- belonging to people I was not very familiar with. I mean, yes there was Jinyoung but I knew him barely for a week, even if it felt like years and then there was Jiyong. GD. This was their house, his house, shot through my mind.

Out of a sudden, I felt very insecure about leaving my room. I paced around wondering whether the others had woken up already but decided in the end that I couldn't stay in this room forever.

I slowly stepped towards the door and opened it just a little to peek out and make sure the coast was clear. When I saw noone, I quickly sneaked into the hallway and walked down toward what seemed to be the staircase. As I was about to turn around the corner, I suddenly bumped into something hard and instantly pulled back and muttered a sorry. I looked up to meet a shirtless torso that had a Dragonball tatooed just below his left shoulder. I nearly gasped out loud, knowing perfectly well who this tattoo belonged too.

I decided to avoid his gaze and just surpass him and made a step to the right, when I felt him going to the same direction. Oh Shoot!

I took a step to the left and he mirrored the same motion. We were both trying to go our ways but ended up bumping into each other. I blushed crimson red, thinking whether I should just laugh it off as I would do it with a random person and wait for him to go first, when he just stepped to the side and motioned with his arm for me to go ahead.

Still avoiding eye contact, I muttered a 'thanks' and hurried toward the stairs with my head bent down looking on the floor. ! That was embarassing! It wouldn't have been anything I would even ponder about if it happened with a random person, but this was GD. I had no idea how to act towards him given the fact he had saved my life yesterday. Should I act any differently around him? Maybe start a conversation?

I shook my head as I was going down the stairs. I couldn't start a conversation just like that. Just because he had saved me, didn't mean he started to like me or had any interest in talking to me. „Anyone would have done the same“, he had said. He had just done his duty as a human. I sighed.

„Morning beautiful!“

I spun around to see a Xin strolling down the stairs behind me, a grin on his face.

„Morning“
„What were you muttering to yourself?“ He came to a halt next to me on a step and ruffled my hair.

„Nothing. I didn't mutter“ I denied.

„Yes, you did. Is something or someone bugging you?“ He grinned at me, wiggling his eyebrows. I got irritated out of a sudden. Why was he treating me like a child? A child he could tease whenever he wanted.

„Yes, something is bothering me, so what?“ I asked louder than I intended to and rested my arms on my hips. I saw his eyes widen as a reaction to my outcome and he backed off just a tiny bit from me, mumbling:

„Ah, I was just asking. No need to be so brusque..“ Was that it? Was I being brusque? I didn't even realize. No, I didn't even understand why I was being in such a bad mood out of a sudden. Was it because of my awkward encounter with GD?

„Xin-ah.. sorry, I didn't mean to..“, I began, as I saw him casually walking away. At that he turned around, his eyes wary. He covered that expression of his suddenly with a sly smirk and said:

„It's no big deal, I know you are on your period..“ He knew... What? I blushed hard wondering what he was getting at, when I realised he must actually think I was on my period..

I started to say „I'm not..“ but then decided to let the topic fall and he walked away to enter the kitchen. It was better this way. No need to make the whole GD and me awkwardness more obvious than it already was. Let him think the reason for my bad mood was due to my period and not to his best friend who was actually permanently on his period causing me endless mood changes.

I didn't know where to go but then decided to just follow Xin into the kitchen.

When I entered it , a delicious smell encountered me, seducing all of my senses. I inhaled deeply and a look at the cooking pots confirmed me that the smell must be coming from a mixture of eggs, bacon, cheese and oregano. And probably some other spices as well.

I stepped forward and looked around: the kitchen had no door, just a break-in and an island in the middle, consisting of an oven, a fume hood above and a huge table to work on. The entire kitchen consisted of metallic colors and shiny cupboards. I felt like I was in the middle of a cooking program on TV.

A few pans and pots were on the oven, steam coming out of them, the sound of boiling food filling the kitchen. I looked around and there, Xin was sitting at a table near the window, drinking an orange juice, lost in a magazine he was holding in his hand.

If he was not cooking, then who was? I looked around to detect someone else, when a figure appeared behind the worktop. He was holding a spoon and a pepper mill in his hand. He had obviously crouched on the floor looking for something and then appeared behind the table. A white apron with vegetable images covering his upper body, two pairs of eyes behind huge glasses were looking at me confusedly.

„Jinyoung? Can you cook?“ I brought out, the surprise obvious in my voice. I saw tiny spots of a pink color appearing on his face suddenly and realized he was getting embarassed at my undisguised surprise. So I smiled at him encouragingly and he broke away from his momentary daze.

„Ah___, I am making breakfast. Sit down at the table, it will be ready in a few..“, he trailed off and continued to potter about in the kitchen.

I sat down across from Xin and started to look at the same magazine he was reading. It was Korean.

„What? Can you read this?“ He asked me with an amused expression on his face.

„Sure, what do you think? I am minoring in Korean, Oppa“, I said, teasing him back.

He grinned at me and shuffled to my side, enabling me a better view into what he was reading.

While I was trying to decipher the Hangul (given the fact I was just a beginner, I was relatively slow in reading it), someone else entered the kitchen. I looked up and there, my favorite acquaintance of yesterday was standing at the doorframe. Kiko.

She was wearing a sleeveless top that was cut above her bellybutton and extremely short pajama hot pants. Was she ever wearing anything that was covering her legs or at least her cheeks? I couldn't help shaking my head slightly and she stopped in the middle of a yawn when her eyes spotted me.

„What is SHE doing in here?“, she asked into the room confidently. Xin looked up from his magazine but didn't say anything. Jinyoung continued cooking and I looked back into the magazine, equally ignoring Kiko.

„Yah!“, suddenly the magazine was being pulled away from my hands and landed on the floor. I looked at it first and then let my eyes wander towards the person who had thrown it away.

„Answer my question. What are you doing in here?“

„Are you talking to me?“, I asked nonchalantly and yet with a friendly tone.

„Yes, you. Who else could I be talking to?“ I looked at her face, that had no make up on, her lips, that were again pressed into a slim line, and down to her arms, crossed.

„I don't know..“, I trailed off, „Maybe you might be talking to this guy next to me..or..“ I looked towards Jinyoung and pointed at him „ maybe to that guy over there?“ I gave her a fake smile.

She exhaled sharply „Are you trying to be funny or what?!“ I ignored her and picked up the magazine from the floor and shoved it into Xin's hands which he took wordlessly.

In the next instant Jinyoung finished his cooking and walked to us.
„She is our guest“, he stated briskly. „Now leave her alone.“ I noticed the subtle demand in his voice, a subtle, warning demand that did not accept any disagreement.

„Aish!“ Kiko stomped like a little child and started walking around in the kitchen restlessly and then came to a halt at our table again.

„I don't want her here“, she pointed at me again. „Make her go home, doesn't she have any home?“

I opened my mouth to reply to her, this little piece of … I had difficulties controlling my anger. First she pushed me into the water, making me nearly drown, then she lied to GD and made ME look like the liar and now she acted like SHE was the owner of this house?! I noticed my hands were trembling, and my heart pounding strongly against my throat. I wanted to hit something so badly, preferably the half- wannabe kitten in front of me. Before I could say anything, I felt a hand on my knee and I looked down to see Jinyoung with an unsaid warning in his eyes that was stopping me from what I wanted to say.

„I don't think its any of your business to decide who is going to stay here and who isn't. This is my brother's and my house and we can bring whoever we want. Take this and memorize it in the little brain of yours, Kiko-ah, arasso?“

I looked at Jinyoung who had sat down next to me and who was still wearing his apron, his facial expression one of anger and irritation.

„Fine!“, she snapped.

„Let her stay here then. But I am not going to tolerate it, it's either her or me. I will make Jiyong chose!“

„Go on, noone is stopping you“ Jinyoung motioned with his arm towards the kitchen door. Kiko looked at his arm and to the door and back to his arm and then to Jinyoung, shocked and at a lack of words to retort. I myself was surprised at his outcome. Jinyoung was usually a shy and calm person, one who didn't shout around, always keeping his cool. His patience must have been strained that much. I was aware he was being this way because of me. He was protecting me. Instant gratefulness washed over me and I looked at his face in pure admiration. He noticed my gaze and looked back at me, his features softening instantly.

„Sorry about her“, he muttered. „You are my guest and she has got nothing on you.“

I mumbled a thanks and thus Jinyoung stood up to bring us breakfast. I stood up too and started helping him. Both of us were oblivious to Kiko, who had stood a while in the kitchen not knowing what to do and who had then left the room, stomping out and slamming some doors to other rooms.

„She is seriously not ok“, Xin muttered. „I mean what is her problem with you? We know she is extremely jealous, but I don't see any reason why she should be jealous of YOU...“

I didn't reply to that and he continued. „I don't mean any offence, _____. It's not like you are not beautiful, you are dazzling and we all know that but...it's Ji that I am talking about. It's not like you and Ji are very close to each other..so there is no reason for her to get jealous, right?“

I sighed. It was true. There was nothing to be jealous about, it was not like GD and me had any relation to each other. Not even a normal fan-idol relation existed.

We sat down at the table to eat and at that moment, GD entered the kitchen. I looked up and immediately tore my eyes away from him. My disobedient eyes, that were way too reluctant to look somewhere else than his stunning outfit. His hair was ruffled and fluffly, a typical bed-hair. He wore a tight sleeveless top that revealed his tattoos and boxer briefs. I nearly gasped when I saw the piece of cloth that was revealing his muscular legs. Without any hesitation he sat down directly across from me and mumbled a good morning to Jinyoung and Xin. The scent of his shampoo made me realize he had taken a shower and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter