Prom

The Evil Twin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the late update. Enjoy <3

 

 

A week passed in a rush and Friday arrived. Everyone at University had been talking about the prom for the past week. The girls were chattering happily about which dresses they were going to wear and who had asked them out for a date. The bold ones among them did not wait for it, but took the initiative and asked the guy out, who they had laid their eyes on. And oh boy, one did not have to guess for long who of the namjas were the most popular target of the girls. Xin had already asked some pretty girl out, yet he had received tons of requests from other girls, both bold and shy ones at the same time. Soo Hyuk, the handsome model he was, had gotten equal amounts, if not more, from desparate girls that would bat their eyelashes at him. Not to let out Jinyoung, who I had noticed, was one of the most popular ones out of the Korean exchange students. Was it his cute looks, the childish touch of his appearance that would reflect his innocence, that was drawing the girls to him like moths to the light? Or his handsome face beneath the thick rimmed glasses? Or his shy and reserved character? I did not know, but knowing what his reply to those girls would be, I kind of felt bad for them as I was that one girl he had chosen. Or rather I had chosen him, because he had offered himself as a date for me. Did he actually want to become my date? Or was it out of courtesy? I didn't know. At the back of my mind there was always this question and the tiny little voice that was asking me if  I wasn't taking away his chance with other girls by going out with him. Knowing I would never actually date him for real becasue my heart beated for his evil twin, I kind of felt bad for taking Jinyoung away from his potential dates. But thinking about letting him attend prom with other girls made my heart twinge in a strange way. Was it jealousy or just possessiveness over my best friend, I couldn't tell. I kind of felt selfish.

 

So like everyone else, I had gone shopping for a nice dress and was finishing the ending touches of my make-up, when the bell rang. I hurriedly went out to enter the car of Xin who came to pick me up with Jinyoung.

 

„Hey boys!“, I called out as I sat down at the back seat, where Jinyoung was already sitting.

„Hey, __“, both of them replied and I turned to look at Jinyoung, who was wearing a suit with a bow tie. His hair was combed over slickly and his thick brimmed glasses were giving his elegant nerd look the final touch. My heart made a little hop at his bright smile and I felt proud to have him as my best friend. I didn't need to wonder why girls were after him the most. His genes did definitely come out well.

„You didn't need to sit at the back for me, Jin.“

„We need to pick up Xin's date too.“ He pointed out. Oh.

„It's Eleonora, do you know her?“ I shook my head and we drove in silence until we reach the girl's house. Out came a tiny pretty girl with long blond hair and a pretty white dress. She looked like a princess.

„Hey,“she greeted us and we all replied with a „hello“ back and introduced ourselves.

After a few minutes we reached the hotel where the prom was taking place. Music was already playing in the building and I looked around in awe at how luxurious everything was. Students were walking around in suits and some with tuxedos. Girls had all glamoured themselves up as if they were all contestants of a beauty show. Looking down at my pretty dress, I was glad that I hadn't underdressed. We all stepped in, Xin walking ahead, arm in arm with Eleonora and Jinyoung closely next to me. I noticed how he hesitated for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter