Revenge Of the Heartbroken

The Evil Twin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why was he so complicated? Why was Kwon Jiyong so confusing? What was his intention? Did he like me or dislike me? Was he playing with me? All these questions were making me feel different emotions at the same time: hope, confusion, irritation, excitement. What to think and what to believe? One moment he was being cold, rude and distant. The next moment he was doing things that were making me get goosebumps and my heart palpitating like crazy. If he hated me completely, he wouldn't even care to play around with me, right? Or was that his intention? To play with my heart, knowing that I had a soft spot in it that was merely beating for him? Just because he wants to hurt me? Because he dislikes me for unknown reasons? No matter how long I thought about it, I couldn't come to any reasonable conclusion.

 

Jiyong had after after asking me whether I was ok, not really expected an answer from me. He had merely drawn back with a slight grin and told me he'd be back in a few moments. I couldn't react at all. His sudden closeness had made me tonguetied and my heart beating in my throat. Sure, the inner voice in my head was laughing bitterly, of course he would grin. He likes seeing the effect he has on you, that's why he plays with you, dumb, deluded fangirl. Wait...Why had my inner voice started to talk like GD?

„Ugh..shut up“, I murmured silently to myself in an attempt to make the voices in my head to stop quarreling.

When was GD going to return? I really wanted to go home or just somewhere else, far far away from him. His presence made feel very insecure and uncomfortable.

 

Just in that moment I saw two figures entering the cafeteria. They were walking in a way that implied that they did not want to be disturbed. I squinted my eyes. Somehow they looked familiar to me...While I was watching them as inconspicously as possible, the male figure pulled out his beanie and I froze in my seat when I recognized Jinyoung. I quickly looked down on my lap and covered my face with my hand. I hoped that he wouldn't see me there. So if Jinyoung entered the cafe, that meant the movie was over already and the person next to him had to be Dara, right? I didn't dare to look up though, still anxious that they might spot me and maybe decide to head over to us. There went my heart again, beating as fast as possible but making a double turn when I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder.

I jumped up in my seat and my breath hitched upon feeling the sudden touch.

„Oh my...!“

 

„What are you scared about?“ Jiyong's smooth voice was caressing my ear. Thank God it was him!

„Tell me..Are you hiding from someone??“ Was the seductive tone in his voice intentional? Oh my God, he needs to stop!

He sat down across from me and looked around to find that what I was hiding from.

„Er, no. I am not hiding. Just tired.“

 

„Ah..really?“ He raised his eyebrow, making it obvious that he was not believing me.

„Er..yeah..I ..I just wanna go home.“ I looked up at him from under my lashes. No, I was not trying to be cute. I was indeed very insecure at the moment. My insecurity doubled the time Jinyoung entered the cafe with Dara. Had she already confessed to him? If she hadn't, then it was probably going to happen any moment. Why was I so nervous about it? How would Jinyoung's reaction be? Will he say yes to her? How I hated that I couldn't make a normal conversation with him anymore. Why did we have to be this way? If he were back to normal, I would have asked him about how it went and what his real thoughts were about Dara Unnie. They surely knew each other for a longer time and God knows for how long Dara had been harboring feelings for him. Did he notice it? Did he ever think about her too? Would he back to his normal self towards me, if they got together? Or would he ignore me altogether? Why was he ignoring me anyway?


„Stop!“ Jiyong looked up in astonishement. I froze in my seat. Oh my God. Did I just say that out loud?

 

„What?“

 

„ugh. Sorry, i didnt mean you..“I waved my hand around in denial. GD's eyebrows were slowly furrowing.

„Who were you talking to then? Your imaginary friend?“ He sounded slightly amused. Wait. Was he teasing me?

 

„Tell me...“ He rested his elbows on the table between us. „What was he doing?“

 

„Who?“ I sounded slightly hysterical. What was he on about??

 

„Your imaginary friend“, he tsked and let out his breath slowly through his teeth. He was obviously enjoying himself teasing me. With the only exception that I wasn't enjoying it at all.

 

„Ok. I need to go now. If you allow me, Jiyongssi..“ I grabbed my purse from the seat beside me and made motions to stand up.

 

„Hold on, hold on.“

 

I stopped to look at him. He was still half lying on the table, now looking up at me, his head slightly tilted to the side.

 

„Are you actually intending on going home on your own?“

 

„Huh? Why not?“

 

„At this time of the night?“, he continued.

 

I noticed how I took on a defensive position, crossing my arms.

 

„Thank you for caring, but I think I am perfectly capable of going home myself.“, I snapped. I didn't care if it was rude or not, he was being rude all this time by teasing me.

 

„Oh I was not caring.“ He propped up his head and rested it on his hands. His cheeks were pressed up and if I didn't know him any better, I would have found it cute.

„I was just wondering.“ Now he was smiling. Like an angel. No, like a devil in disguise.

It is a fake smile! Don't get fooled! My common sense was screaming somewhere in my head at the top of its lungs, but why was I suddenly feeling butterflies in my stomach? How the hell did they get in there anyway? Oh my God.. they needed to die. As fast as possible.

 

I tried to compose myself as fast as possible, trying not to give away anything from my inner battle.

 

„Whatever. I am going anyway“, I sounded as casual as possible and turned around to head to the door, when I noticed Jinyoung and Dara at the back of the room. I couldn't help it, my eyes flickered over and found them leaning towards each other, sitting across from each other with a table between them. It seemed like they were in the middle of a heated discussion. Correction: it looked like as if Dara was the one discussing something. She was using her hands and motioning things in the air. Jinyoung had his back turned to my side , so I couldn't decipher his facial expression. I hurriedly made my way to the exit, when I suddenly bumped with full force against a person. It was with such an impact that I staggered backwards and felt myself hitting the floor with my back, feeling a warm liquid running down my shirt. I looked down in shock and saw my that my Tshirt was soaking wet.

 

„What the..!“ I looked up to see the person that bumped into me, but when I saw who it was, the words stuck in my throat and I couldn't finish my sentence.

 

„Aw, sweetie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter