Forgiven

The Evil Twin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I groaned in pain when I woke up the next morning and stretched my stiff limbs. A sharp pain shot through my head and I reached out to touch the spot the pain was coming from and could feel a bump. Damn it! It must be when Dara had knocked me down and I hit my head. Thinking back..Dara unnie had betrayed me. This realization hit me hard. It was not like we were really friends anyway but the last few days I had felt us getting nearer and the naive me thought she was genuinely interested in becoming friends with me when she offered me to go watch a movie with her. But how would I know?

How would I know she had other ulterior motives? Such as getting herself hooked up with Jinyoung. Jinyoung! I shuddered at the thought. Who would have thought she had a crush on him? That was a second shock to me after getting the biggest shock when the Kwon twins appeared in front of me in that movie theatre without me seeing it coming. And the biggest joke of the whole Dara-Jinyoung love story was GD. How he wanted me to stay away from his brother because he wanted him to get together with Dara and I...I was getting in the way! The question was how? How was I getting in the way when Jinyoung was not even talking to me??

Getting frustrated by these memories and thoughts, I stomped into the shower and winced while taking off my clothes. No, I had gotten more bruises from last night's events. There was a huge scratch on my chest running from the base of my throat down until my stomach. How could this happen? I remembered Kiko tearing my shirt open but never really felt how her fingernails left a thin read line that was decorating my chest now. I turned around in front of the mirror and saw a bluish purplish bruise on the right side of my hip. Amazing. I looked as if I was beaten badly-which I was. By two jealous, heartbroken girls that claimed the reason for their heartbreak was me. Was that true? If so, how was that even possible? GD had never taken a like at me obviously and Jinyoung? According to Dara he had said that they were never meant to be because his heart belonged to someone else. She never said who it belonged to and jumped on me but that action of hers was enough to make me guess who Jinyoung's heart belonged to. I gulped when I let that sink in. So all this time he had been ignoring me because he was jealous? He was jealous because his twin had kissed me and it had looked like as if it was a voluntary kiss from my side too? But if he actually had feelings for me, why did he never allow me to explain? Why had he run away from me? Why did he give me the silent treatment, turned his back on me? Was it because he thought we were never meant to be because he knew from the beginning I liked GD? But he knew it was impossible! He knew no matter how much I liked his twin, the chances of his twin to like me back was very little. His twin also had Kiko. So couldn't Jinyoung at least try to be my friend and let me clear up all the issues like adults would do? I couldn't help but feel angry at him for making me suffer this much as I brushed through my wet hair and jumped onto my bed, when my phone made a ping, announcing the arrival of a message. I lazily took it and opened the message. What I read, made me pause for a second.

 

„Meet me at the park at 3. J.“

 

The number was unknown. J? Who was J? Jinyoung? Jiyong? Jessica? Just then I realised that I didn't have the number of any of them saved. I could understand why I didn't have GD's or Jessica's phone number but why did I never get Jinyoung's? I felt a little guilty for neglegting Jinyoung, realizing how I was always busy trying to analyse GD's actions or too busy to notice Jinyoung avoiding me. But none of this really explained me who the sender of the message was. There was no way it couldn't be Jessica, as I had no kind of interaction with her in uni and I didn't see any reason for her to want to meet me. Which left only two potential senders. Jinyoung or Jiyong. Now which one of them? Yesterday night they had dropped my off by my house. It was a quiet ride home as I was still in a state of shock at the night's happenings and none of the Kwon brothers dared to ask me about it. Indeed, they seemed to sympathize with me and respected me as I was not ready to speak about it. How they even found out what was happening in the ladies' restroom was still a mystery to me. When I got out of the car, I had taken off Jinyoung's jacket to give it back to him but he had insisted for me to keep it as it was cold outside. I muttered a thanks and quietly left to enter my house. I heard GD reving his engine and observed them driving away. I had no idea how they felt about the behaviour of the girls they were close to. Was GD disappointed in his girlfriend? Or was he thinking it served me right? But no. As much as he seemed cold, he wasn't that heartless. I took a glance at my nightstand and saw that I had only 45 minutes left. Which park did he mean? Getting ready fastly, I quickly grabbed Jinyoung's jacket that was hanging behind my door. Taking a last sniff, I inhaled his babyish scent that was still lingering on it. I wondered how a boy, no a man his age could still smell like a baby. He was definitely an adult, right?

 

                               ∞

 

With a thudding heart I stepped through the gates of the park that was near our neighborhood. I had decided that he meant that park. I was wondering which one of the twins I would meet and what he wanted to talk about. I walked and walked, passing by the lake and crossed the small bridge, looking around everywhere to spot a familiar figure. I finally decided to sit down at the park bench and looked at my wrist watch: 2:55 pm. I was on time. Would he meet me here? I inhaled deeply, trying to calm my unnerved heart. Trying to distract myself, I drew patterns on the ground with my feet, always clearing it in the end. I wrote my name and cleared it, then drew a heart and cleared it again. The twins' faces came to my mind, but I was not writing any of their names. ___+J? No way I was drawing That here.

Engrossed in my little preoccupation, I didn't notice footsteps approaching me. Only when a figure sat down beside me, I jerked up in surprise to look bewilderedly in Jinyoung's face. He was looking back at me solemnly, his glasses missing, hair messy.

 

„Ji..Jinyoung!“, I called out suprised.

His gaze changed and I couldn't really point my finger on it, had it a soft touch of tenderness in it?

 

„Hey“, he replied quietly.

„You are surprised to see me here, right?“

 

I nodded, trying hard to calm my heart, that was beating erratically. I shifted my gaze from his face, when he was still not looking away, and started to play with my fingers. Why was I feeling so nervous? Was it the fact that Jinyoung had finally decided not to ignore me after a long while?

 

Unthinkingly I blurted out: „What made you want to meet me out of a sudden?“
He kept quiet for a while and I stole a glance at him from under my lashes, trying to gauge his mood.

 

„____, I...“ He paused.

„I..I am really sorry.“ He suddenly started to talk fast, rushing all the words out he had difficulties to say. „I am sorry for what happ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter