Double Date?

The Evil Twin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My lovely readers,

I just read an article about reading a novel and wanted to ahare it with you guys: 

" Reading a gripping novel causes biological changes in the brain which lasts for days as the mind is tranported into the body of the protagonist" 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/brain-function-boosted-for-days-after-reading-a-novel-9028302.html

 

Warning: not edited. 

 

 

A movie date with Jiyong and Jinyoung. Great, just great. This was something I wouldn't have dared to imagine in a million years. Given the fact that I wasn't exactly on good terms with neither of the Kwon brothers, having a „date“ with the two of them didn't sound like the brightest idea at that time. But blame Dara unnie, the overly excited 30 year old who had the looks of a 16 year old girl. How did she even come up with the idea of inviting the Kwon twins over anyway? Did she have a secret plan? If yes, how was I involved in this plan of hers?

 

I munched absent-mindedly on the single popcorn that I was holding in my fingers as we waited for the movie to start. I didn't even realize how and when we entered the theaterroom as I was too absorbed in my thoughts and worries. The moment Jinyoung had returned from the cashpoint with his tickets he had slowly approached us with a composed face. He hadn't looked shocked as before nor did he show any sign of happiness of seeing me there. One would say he had a perfect poker face on. Either way I couldn't help but feel a slight twinge in my heart, as I was not used to the indifferent behaviour of Jinyoung. I was used to the caring Jinyoung, who would always be there for me, who would always comfort me and tell me to be ok. What had happened to my caring Jinyoung? What did I do to change his attitude 180 degrees? I was hurt more than I should. I wondered if Jiyong had read my thoughts, as they were exposed clearly the moment I had seen Jinyoung. My mind was telling me no, GD was not a sensitive person, nor would he give a damn about how I felt anyway, right? But my subconscious was sure that he was perfectly aware of what I was thinking, there was a reason why he had observed me so closely, scrutinizing my face for any kind of emotion that would give my feelings away.

 

When we were looking for our seatnumbers that were printed on our tickets, I had difficulties to find my seat at first but I finally found my number „503“ , exactly in the middle of the row at the back. I was hoping innerly that I didn't have to sit next to either Jiyong or Jinyoung. It would be best to sit just next to Dara, at the side, yes. But I wasnt that lucky. When I sat down at the seat, I saw someone trying to push pass my legs.

 

„Ugh, sorry..“, I started to say, when I saw the figure with the sunglasses, Kwon Jiyong. I immediately pulled my legs to the side to make room for him to pass.


Where the hell was his seat? I didn't have to wonder for long though, because the next second I saw him plummeting himself to a seat out of the corner of my eyes. To the exact damn seat next to mine, to be more accurate. WHY? Thank you, luck!

And if that was not enough of a bad luck, the next person sitting on the other side of me happened to be Jinyoung. I hadn't noticed him approaching my seat, but the second I looked up at the person standing there, he looked down so we locked gazes. Even though it was really dark, I could tell, as my eyes had adjusted to the dark already. Jinyoung immediately looked away though and sat down on the seat, pretending to sit next to a complete stranger. There you go, the weird twinge in my heart had returned again. I sighed in exasperation and felt the stare of two eyes to my right sight. I looked at Jiyong from the corner of my eyes and there, he had turned around his upper body to my side and was watching me intently. As if I was a movie he enjoyed watching. He had definitely heard me sigh and was probably amused at the struggle and despair I was fighting inwardly.

I tried to ignore his presence as much as possible, as that was the only way for me to not get distracted by his extreme proximity. Yes, we were sitting in seats next to each other but with the dark surrounding us, I felt as he was closer, as if I could even feel his breath on my neck. Gosh, I needed to stop thinking about him that way. Concentrate on the screen, ___! I was telling myself over and over again.

And why the hell did Kwon Jiyong always had to smell so damn good? It was not helping my coherency around him at all and made it even harder for me to act neutrally.

The advertisements on screen seemed to go on forever, and even though I pretended to be interested in them, fact was I couldn't concentrate at all, with what Jinyoung and Jiyong sitting at both of my sides. Not only Jiyong's presence affected me but also his twin brother's. I was hyperaware of him sitting next to me and I noticed that he was just as uncomfortable as I was, since he was trying hard to ignore me, not even once looking at my direction. Instead, I heard Dare unnie whispering things to him and trying to attract his attention. Here and there he would reply to her, but I noticed, he didn't seem to actually pay attention to her.

 

„Here,“ I suddenly heard GD next to me. It was as if he was whispering in my ear. I startled back in shock at his sudden outcome and turned to look at him.


„See this popcorn?“ I looked down to the huge bucket he was pointing at. I looked at him in confusion.

„You know, I do not intend on eating this on my own.“ Eh? What was he trying to tell me? When he noticed that I did not grasp what he was getting at, he brought out a low chuckle. WAS KWON JIYONG LAUGHING AT ME? Yes, yes , he was definitely amused by my dumb act.

 

„Here, take it“, he was now shoving the huge bucket into my hands. „Place it on the armrest between you and Jin, so we can all eat from it.“ Ah..silly me..how embarassing was I to not understand him! Now he must think I am completely and utterly overwhelmed by his very presence or just plainly dumb. I instantly grabbed the bucket and placed it on the arm rest next to me. Jinyoung looked up questioningly, but when he saw the popcorn he just calmly digged his hand into the mountain of popcorn and then turned to the front to stare at the screen, not giving away any sign of even a hint of an emotion. How could Jinyoung be so poker-faced? I was screaming this over and over in my head, when suddenly the movie started. The song „Misty Mountains“ was playing and it was enough to captivate my attention. I was distracted the next moment, though when I felt Jiyong bending over me to reach to the popcorn bucket. He was dangerously close to me that I had to lean back a little, to prevent our upper bodies touching each other. I sighed a breath of relief when he went to sit back and I tried to concentrate on The Hobbit. Why was the whole thing so blurry though? I squinted my eyes to see more clearly, but it didn't help at all, when I noticed...oh my god, could I be more sillier? I had forgotten to put on the 3D glasses that we had previously purchased! I tried to find them in the dark, touching the surface of the armrests next to me as to control whether I had put them there. I couldn't find them on the left armrest as the popcorn bucket was placed on it. Maybe it was under it? No, no, I would have noticed. I started to feel the surface of the armrest on my right side to find the 3D glasses when I suddenly touched something soft and warm. What was that? Definitely not the glasses, though as I expected them to be cold and hard. I moved my hand further to touch the areas next to it, when the soft thing moved! Before I could jerk back my hand, I felt a tight grip on my wrist and the next moment my hand was enclosed by warm fingers that had slipped around and were securely holding my hand now. I gazed down in shock, as realization hit me. I had touched Jiyong's hand and he was holding my hand! I looked down on our interlaced fingers and felt GD's stare. I hesitantly shifted my head to see him grinning smugly.

„I..I ...“ I stuttered.


„Were you looking for these?“, he leaned over to murmur into my ear. A shiver ran down my spine when I felt his warm breath in my ear. He was holding my 3D glasses on his other hand and was spinning it forth and back.

„Yeah, them“, I tried to be relieved. „ I forgot to put them on“, I whispered as to not disturb anyone else.

„I noticed“ That was when I actually realized he was not wearing any 3D glasses either. Was he even watching the movie? Or was he...was he..I turned my head to the right abruptly to see him watching me with an amused face. He was making no attempts to refract his gaze from me.

He was definitely watching me this whole time. WHY.

 

Jiyong then handed me the glasses over and I wanted to take them but noticed that my right hand was still linked with his. I tried to free it but it was kind of impossible. GD had tightened his grip around my fingers and was not letting go.
„Jiyong-ssi..“, I whispered in exasperation.

„Hm?“ He raised his eyebrows in oblivion.
„Our hands“, I hissed in distress.
„Oh..“, he slowly let go of my han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter