So that 'pen girl' is ...

It IS LOVE!

Yonghwa : (his heart beats really fast right now, more nervous than seeing Seohyun angry) w-what is it?

Seohyun : I’m…

Yonghwa : (heart beats faster)

Seohyun : Yong~ I’m... I'm getting married.

At the moment Seohyun comes with that sentence, Yonghwa feels like his heart stop beating. And …

“Hyung, hyung! Wake up! I’m going to school. Didn’t you say that you’re going somewhere? It’s already 1.35pm”.

“HUH?!”, Yonghwa startled, woke up from his sleep. He changes his position from lying down on the couch into sitting.

“Hyung, I’m leaving...”,Seungho left.

Yonghwa  takes a deep breath. “ah, it’s just a dream, Jung Yonghwa”,he relieved. Actually he fell asleep after having his lunch.

“oh I should get ready now to meet Seohyun”,standing and immediately heading to his room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yonghwa steps in to the restaurant.

He looks at his watch. “ah it’s 1.50pm, still early. She must not be here yet”, and slowly going upstairs.

Yonghwa’s prediction is totally wrong. Seohyun is already there, sitting alone at a table.

Yonghwa walks closer to Seohyun.

Yonghwa : (standing in front Seohyun) annyeong, Seo Joohyun. (short and simple, still feel nervous. Then he slowly sits)

Seohyun : oh Yong. You come early. (smiles)

Yonghwa : ah, it’s a relief. (talking to himself. He relieved that Seohyun doesn’t look like she’s angry)

Seohyun : ne? (feels weird)

Yonghwa : (smiles as well) ah aniya. Hyun ah, gwenchanha?

Seohyun : about what?

Yonghwa : (sighs) Hyun ah, chinccha mianhae, about what I have done. I’m doing all this just to make us closer. So that… you know, we can talk more frankly and honestly towards each other. (slowly explaining, doesn’t want Seohyun to misunderstand)

Seohyun : are you sure?

Yonghwa : ne? (can’t get Seohyun’s meaning)

Seohyun : you… really want me to talk frankly and honestly with you?

Yonghwa : (frowns. Suddenly he remembered about his dream just a while ago. He starts to feel nervous) hmmm Hy-Hyun ah…

Seohyun : ne?

Yonghwa : we… lets get married.

Seohyun : NE??? (totally shocked. Her eyes getting bigger)

Yonghwa : ne, Hyun. I’m not kidding.

Seohyun : (speechless. bows her head)

Yonghwa : I don’t force you to give the answer at this moment. Just… answer me when you are ready.

Seohyun : (nods slowly) but Yong… wae?(why?)

Yonghwa : (silent)

Seohyun : why suddenly you ask me that question?

Yonghwa : (I don’t know, it comes out from my mouth spontaneously) well… I don’t know. (fake laugh)

Seohyun : (yah why is it so hard for you to say that you like me?) (a bit disappointed to hear Yonghwa’s answer)

Yonghwa : oh. Let’s order our favourite Dukboggi. It’s been soooo long since I ate it. (change the topic so that Seohyun stops asking more)

Seohyun : ne!!! (respond happily to naturalize the atmosphere) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seungho is waiting for Jiyeon and IU at the table where he and IU together with Jiyeon and Yoseob used to study two days before. He looks at his watch. It’s 1.59pm. “Where are that two girls? Even if they are here at 2.01pm, I’m not going to teach them”,he mumbles.

Definitely at 2…

IU : annyeonghaseyo. (gasping) sorry, am I late? (takes her seat)

Seungho : (looks at the watch) you’re on time. Ok then. (he looks around, searching for Jiyeon) ok. (sighs) let’s start. (takes out the pink pen, the one with ‘ JY’s ’ on it)

IU : ne??? let’s wait for Jiyeon, please.

Seungho : (start showing his serious face) no. it’s already 2.

IU : she’ll be here. Just in a moment. Please. (tries to convince Seungho)

Jiyeon, from far, runs quickly towards the two of them.

Jiyeon : annyeonghaseyo. (gasping. Directly sits beside IU) sorry, I’m late.

Seungho : (again look at the watch. It’s 2.01pm) It’s 2.01pm.

Jiyeon : ne? ne arayo(I know). Chinnnnncha mianhaeyo.

Seungho : (serious) don’t you know that I’m absolutely a punctual guy? I hate waiting even for 1 minute. (directly looks at Jiyeon)

Jiyeon : (speechless. bows her head)

Seungho : as you were late, I’m not going to teach you, Jiyeon-ssi.

Jiyeon : (automatically looks at Seungho) NE??? (shocked)

IU : Seungho-ssi… she’s just 1 minute late. Besides she’s not doing it on purpose. Why should you do that? (trying to back up her bestfriend forever)

Jiyeon : (her eyes start to well up with tears) (this Seungho is totally different with Seungho who was with me last night)

Seungho : just go and find your boyfriend, ask him to teach you.

IU : boyfriend? (confuse)

Seungho : that Yang Yoseob.

IU : he’s not …

Jiyeon : (immediately stands up) IU ah, gwenchanha. (tries to smile to IU) I’m leaving… (bow a little, her eyes are still wet, quickly leaving)

IU : Jiyeon ah... (about to follow JIyeon)

Seungho : yah! If you follow her, I’m not going to teach you as well. And I’ll tell Mr. Kang you refused to study with me.

IU : yah Yoo Seungho! How can you be that cruel? (now she’s really angry)

Seungho : being punctual person is a cruel thing?

IU : yah! You! (she’s also about to cry, thinking about Jiyeon)

Seungho : (sigh heavily) IU-ssi. Please. Let’s just start. I’ll talk to her later. I promise. (wants to be professional when it comes to study matter)

IU : (sighs) a-arasseoyo. (hesitate but relieved hearing Seungho’s promise)

Seungho : so have you finished the previous exercises I asked you to do? (hold the pink pen again)

 

On the other side, Jiyeon is alone, at the park in her school. It’s quite far from where Seungho and IU are right now. She wipes her tears, actually she hates to cry. Slowly, she opens her Mathematics book.

“Park Jiyeon, fighting! You can do it!”,motivating herself. And start to study by herself.

“For this question…”,she’s thinking while taking out her favourite pink pen, the similar one as the pen which is holding by Seungho right now.

“Oh, the solution should be like this”, and start writing. Begin to forget her sadness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seungho and IU are still busy studying.

Suddenly, IU’s handphone is ringing…

IU : (takes out her phone from it’s cover) oh, it’s omma. May I? (ask permission from Seungho to answer the phone call since they are still studying)

Seungho : (nod)

IU : (moves away from Seungho and answer the call) ne, omma…

While waiting for IU, Seungho writes the solution for another question. And accidently, he spots something written on IU’s phone’s cover. At the below, right corner of the cover, it is written,

<3 JY <3 ’

Immediately, he remembered something.

“JY?” whispering to himself. “Isn’t it …”, and he quickly looks at the pink pen he is holding.

“JY!”, he surprised. “even the handwriting is same. Yes, totally same!”, telling himself.

“Does this mean that …”, he remembered back about …

 

*flashback*

Seungho : (Found it and take it out. It’s a pink pen) so for this question…

IU : hmmm that pen…

Seungho : yes why? Do you familiar with it?

IU : ne? no… it just… doesn’t suits you. It’s girlish. Hehe.

Seungho : yeah right. It doesn’t belong to me anyway.

IU : then, whose is it?

Seungho : well I also don’t know. I can’t remember her face. That “pen girl”.

IU : (smile a bit) you… should return it back to her, don’t you think so?

*end of flashback*

 

Seungho's frowning, looking at IU who is still on phone.

“SO that 'pen girl' is… IU???”

 

...TO BE CONTINUED...

NOTE : I thank so much for those who love this fanfic. And thanx for leaving ur comments that I can know all ur opinions. Keep doing so okay ;-)

p/s : sorry for any wrong english words used, grammar mistakes etc.