Because you like me...

It IS LOVE!

Yonghwa : (big and meaningful smile) I’m just TOO SURE you’re in love right now, Yoo Seungho. Then good night! (directly going to sleep)

Seungho : (frowning, thinking deeply)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is 2am now… Seungho still can’t fall asleep although he feels tired. He’s slowly walking to his room balcony. He looks around, the night view makes him feels really relax. He turns his head to the next room balcony, and see someone is reading… a book titled “See You at the Top”, and for sure, that’s Jiyeon.

Seungho : (starts smiling) Ahemmm!!! (tries to attract Jiyeon’s attention)

Jiyeon : (a little bit surprised, but tries to ignore Seungho. Keeps reading)

Seungho : do you want to be in Top 10 that much? Is there any reason behind it? (mischievous smile, thinking back what he wrote on the first page of the book which is being read by Jiyeon right now)

Jiyeon : (no answer)

Seungho : you’re still reading at this hour, it is 2am. Is there any reason… (his words be cut)

Jiyeon : ne! (put aside the book) Everyone else is sleeping but I can’t do so. Thanks to someone!

Seungho : (frowning) what do you mean?

Jiyeon : I won’t sleep without my handphone beside me. Do you understand what I mean now? (acting serious)

Seungho : (smiles) Jiyeon ah. then let’s talk, both of us.

Jiyeon : aren’t we talking right now?

Seungho : (turns back, looking at Yonghwa who starts moving) Jiyeon ah. Seriously. Let’s meet outside. (turns back again, Yonghwa’s still moving) The small park in front of our rooms, I’ll wait you there. (lower his voice. And left)

Jiyeon : (sighs)

 

Jiyeon : (coming to the park, looking around but nobody’s there) tssk! He asked me to come here but now he’s not showing himself. (nagging)

Suddenly, both of Jiyeon’s eyes being covered, from behind.

 “Can’t you do anything else other than nagging?”, a voice comes from someone who’s covering her eyes.

Jiyeon : yah Yoo Seungho! (grabs Seungho’s hands and removes them from covering her eyes. Then she releases his hands and turns around to face Seungho)

Seungho : (smiles) annyeong!

Jiyeon : tssk! (handing out her hand) my handphone, please!

Seungho : ne??? I told you, I’m not giving it until you tell me what actually happened. (heading to a ‘couple’ bench. And sits down)

Jiyeon : (still standing) nothing happened. So give it to me, ppalli! I need to go to sleep!

Seungho : just sleep here with me then. (teasing smile)

Jiyeon : aisshhh! What should I do with this genius?

Seungho : oh by the way, Jiyeon ah. I hate MY PICTURE to be your handphone wallpaper.

Jiyeon : (now speechless, starts blushing)

Seungho : (shows his ‘bad boy’ smile) oh, how about you set OUR PICTURE to be your wallpaper? Isn’t it better? (teasing Jiyeon too much) Let’s take a picture together, Jiyeon ah. Sits here! (asks to sit beside him)

Jiyeon : (tired of being teased) if you refuse to give my handphone, then I’ll leave to my room.

Seungho : ne??? aniya, aniya… mianhae, Jiyeon ah~ (too scared if Jiyeon leaves)

Jiyeon : (now she’s the one who smiles) keureom~(then~) (walking closer to where Seungho’s is sitting and handing out her hand, again) my handphone, please~

Seungho : sit here, first. (taps on the empty space beside him) Then I’ll give it to you.

Jiyeon : arasseo~ (and sits)

Seungho : ahhh I’m really tired~ (pretends like he’s stretching, but then he puts his hand on Jiyeon’s shoulder, cuddling her and closer Jiyeon’s bady to his)

Jiyeon : (speechless, frozen by Seungho’s sudden action)

Seungho : (big smile, keeps silent intentionally)

Jiyeon : (bows her head, playing with her fingers)

Seungho : (glancing at Jiyeon, and smiles again) I don’t know it is this easy to make you keep silent.

Jiyeon : n-ne? (lost her words)

Seungho : nothing~

Silence for few moments… Then Seungho releases his cuddling, suddenly felt guilty when he just does anything he wants.

Seungho : sorry if that made you feel uncomfortable.

Jiyeon : (more calm now, secretly sighs)

Seungho : Jiyeon ah…

Jiyeon : ne? (also feels comfortable to talk now)

Seungho : can I know why you are scared of dark? That dark fear… (now he’s being serious)

Jiyeon : well… it’s because… when I was small, my parents always left me alone, at home.

Seungho : alone?

Jiyeon : ne~ they were too busy with their works, don’t even care to leave me by myself, although I was only 5 years old that time. Now as well, they still think that jobs are the most important thing in their lives. (tries hard to smile)

Seungho : ch-chinccha?

Jiyeon : (nods) so one day, when I was alone at home, my house -out. I only can cry and cry and cry at that time… crying in the dark, alone… (her eyes starts teary)

Seungho : Ji-Jiyeon ah… (touches Jiyeon’s shoulder gently) sorry, for asking that question.

Jiyeon : (gives Seungho a smile) aniya, gwenchanha! As now I have IU… Seohyun unnie… and even Yonghwa oppa! Hehe! (laughs to hide her sadness) I think they make my life better~

Seungho : me? How about me? I’m… not the one of them?

Jiyeon : mweoya~ how can you be one? All that you know is TEASING ME! (pouting, joking around)

Seungho : (laughs a bit) cheongmal? I did that? (pretends to not knowing)

Jiyeon : of course~~~

Seungho : but… I’m the one who protected you that day when you were too scared of the dark.

Jiyeon : tssk! when was it? Don’t you ever try to make up a story…

Seungho : yah! Don’t you remember it?

Jiyeon : remember what?

Seungho : yah Park Jiyeon! After hugging me that tight, you said you don’t remember anything?! Cheongmal!~

Jiyeon : yah yah yah! Why should I hug you?! I would rather hug A MONKEY than hugging you! (totally lost)

Seungho : what did you say? You compared me with a monkey???

Jiyeon : of course~ monkeys are better than y…

At that moment, all the lights of the park suddenly turned off, made Jiyeon, unintentionally hugging Seungho, as she’s startled.

“yah why are hugging me right now? Go and hug your beloved monkeys~”, Seungho whispers, teasing Jiyeon.

And the lights are back. Jiyeon releases their hugging. And at the same time she, finally, remembered that she DID hugged Seungho before, when Seungho’s house -out.

 

*flashback*

SUDDENLY, the house goes all -OUT!

“AAHHH!!!”,Jiyeon screams. She totally shocked.

She immediately hugs Seungho as tight as she can. Her eyes are closed while her face is placed right on Seungho’s shoulder.

“Help me, I’m too scared.”

Jiyeon-ssi, calm down. I’m here”.

“I have dark fear”,said Jiyeon, softly. Seungho lets his body to be hugged, understanding Jiyeon’s fear.

*end of flashback*

 

Jiyeon : (lost her words, bows her head)

Seungho : so I guess you’ve already remembered what I'm talking about, Park Jiyeon. (teasing smile)

Jiyeon : (speechless)  

And it is silence, again…

Out of the blue, Seungho holds both of Jiyeon’s arms and turns her body to face him. Again, Jiyeon is frozen.

Seungho : Jiyeon ah~ (now he starts to speak gently)

Jiyeon : (slowly lifting up her head and looking at Seungho)

Seungho : (gives his sweet smile) can I ask you something? (looks directly into Jiyeon’s eyes)

Jiyeon : ne~ (she, too, looks directly into Seungho’s eyes)

Seungho : why didn’t you tell me that the pink pen I borrowed before is yours?

Jiyeon : well I… thought you’re a genius~ (speaks comfortably)

Seungho : ne??? (surprised by Jiyeon’s answer) well… that might be right. Actually I’m not that genius. I thought the pen is IU’s.

Jiyeon : so is that why you came to her house and gave her something, that night?

Seungho : (slowly releasing Jiyeon’s arms) oh, how did you… oh wait! Is that the reason why you start ignoring me???

Jiyeon : n-ne??? (stops looking at Seungho) aniya~

Seungho : so… that means, you were jealous to see us together? Am I right? (smiles)

Jiyeon : mweoya~ no reason for me to get jealous… (leans back)

Seungho : the reason is… because you like me~

Jiyeon : who said I like you? (pouting)

Seungho : then why my picture be your wallpaper? (gotcha, Jiyeon ah!)

Jiyeon : well it’s just because… because… (thinking for an excuse) because I have no other pictures in my phone! (oopss!!! Wrong excuse! )

Seungho : (jaw drops and laughs) meaning you have MY PICTURES ONLY in your phone??? Haha, let me check it… (takes out Jiyeon’s handphone)

Jiyeon : yah! Andwae!

Seungho : (immediately stands up and runs away from Jiyeon while holding the phone, starts to explore the phone, laughing)

Jiyeon : yah give it to me! I said give it to me! (tries to catch Seungho)

Seungho : nope! (still exploring the phone while avoiding himself from Jiyeon)

“OUCHHH!!!”, suddenly Seungho heard Jiyeon’s voice. She fell down to the ground, made her sitting on the plastic grass in that park. Seungho immediately rushes to her, worry.

Seungho : (kneeling on the grass) Jiyeon ah, wae? Gwenchanha? Did you hurt somewhere?

Jiyeon : my… here… (suddenly grabs her handphone from Seungho’s hand) haha I got it! Gomawo, Seungho ah! (smiles brightly to Seungho)

Seungho : (frozen) yah! Are you hurt or not? (still confused, didn’t think that Jiyeon has tricked him)

Jiyeon : merong~(sticking out her tongue~) (laughs at Seungho’s confusion but she still sitting on the grass)

“Merong??? You were trying to trick me, Jiyeon ah???”,then Seungho moves his body closer and closer to Jiyeon’s and puts both of his hands on each sides of her, forced her body to be driven back until she lied down on the grass.

 “Wh-what do you th-think you’re doing, Seungho ah?”,Jiyeon said, her heart starts to beat fast, too nervous, as now Seungho’s body is right above hers. She can’t even look directly at Seungho’s face now.

Seungho : now are you that happy that you managed to trick me? (acting all serious)

Jiyeon : w-w-… (stuttering)

Seungho : huh?! (closer his face)

 

...TO BE CONTINUED...

NOTE : okay, I think I have nothing to say. Too speechless to know that most of u love this fanfic that much! I really appreciate it! so I guess I just want u guys to enjoy reading this chapter. hehehe!~ =))

p/s : sorry for any wrong english words used, grammar mistakes etc.