Am I in LOVE ?

It IS LOVE!

IU : this ‘JY’ is written by Jiyeon, as this cover is my birthday present from her.

Seungho : N-NE??? (completely shocked) then JY… Jiyeon??? Ah pabo Yoo Seungho! It’s just too simple! J for Ji, Y for Yeon. Yah how can’t I figure it out longer before? Aishhh! (nagging to himself)

IU : (laughs to see Seungho’s action) how can a genius become like this, Yoo Seungho~ (teasing)

 

Jiyeon : Ahjusshi, one special chocolate ice-cream, please.

Ahjusshi : ne~ (doing his work) Here! (giving Jiyeon the ice-cream)

Jiyeon : (takes it and pays for it) ne, kamsahamnida~ (turns around, the ice-cream) wow it’s delicious~ (starts to walk)

Male foreigner : excuse me, do you speak English?

Jiyeon : (startled, stops walking) n-ne? hmmm me? yes, a little. (awkward smile)

Male foreigner : (smiles) great! Where did you get this ice-cream from?

Jiyeon : ice-cream? There! (pointing at the ice-cream stall)

Male foreigner : oh… you, accompany me, please.

Jiyeon : y-ye-yes… (tries to give her best smile to the foreigner, then follows him)

Male foreigner : (talk to Ahjusshi) excuse me, I want a same ice-cream as hers.

Ahjusshi : n-ne??? (can’t understand English)

Jiyeon : ahjusshi, he said he wants the same ice-cream as mine. (translate for the male foreigner)

Male foreigner : (big smile) thanks!

Jiyeon : (smiles back)

Ahjusshi : here, take this~

Male foreigner : how much is it? (about to take out his money)

Jiyeon : no, no, no! I’ll pay it for you. (paying)

Male foreigner : (smiles sincerely) wow thanks so much, you are so kind. And you’re pretty as well.

Jiyeon : (smiles shyly) thanks!

Male foreigner : so do you mind to have a sit with me for few moments?

Jiyeon : n-ne??? errr (hesitate) yes, sure.

They sit on a long bench, under a tree.

Male foreigner : so what’s your name?

Jiyeon : me? Ji… Yeon… Jiyeon~ (say it clearly so that the foreigner can understand)

Male foreigner : oh okay, Miss Jiyeon. How old are you then?

While Seungho and IU…

Seungho : IU ah. Can I ask something?

IU : ne? about what?

Seungho : well… (hesitate) errr if this… (stuttering) a guy… he f-f-feels really b-bad… when a girl…

IU : (laughing at Seungho’s stuttering)

Seungho : wae?

IU : ani, aniya… Just proceed. (holds her laughter) What is it, the thing you’re trying to say?

Seungho : well… this one of my friends, he feels really bad when he see a girl he knows with other guy…

IU : oh you mean, he feels jealous?

Seungho : j-jealous? (awkward smile) I… I don’t know. I just don’t think so. (silent for a moment) But when I see… emm I mean, my friend see another girl he knows talks with that same guy, he doesn’t feel anything…

IU : (laughs again) so it’s kind like… (tries to conclude to what Seungho asked) that friend of yours, with this girl named A, he will like, jealous to see her with another boy, but NOT when it comes to this girl named B. Is that what you mean?

Seungho : ne! (answers excitedly)

IU : well… that friend of yours… I’m sure he would want to be with girl A more than with girl B… and… he hopes that girl A be by his side all of the time… he’s really happy when seeing that girl A smiling and laughing… he would feel bad and worry when girl A is sad, keep ignoring him… Am I right, Yoo Seungho?

Seungho : oh how did you know that? All of that stuff?

IU : well… Yoseob… I called him Mr. Love before. Hehe. Hmm… he has ever told me about that kind of feelings before. Don’t you know what does it mean?

Seungho : (speechless)

IU : L.O.V.E! It IS LOVE!

Seungho : (frowning) L-LOVE?

IU : (nods)

Seungho : (thinks for a moment) aniya… it can’t be “that”… love is just nonsense. (awkward smile)

IU : (just smiling)

 

Jiyeon and her new “friend” are still busy chatting and enjoying their ice-creams. The male foreigner told her what he loves about Korea and other stuffs. While Jiyeon tries her best to treat the foreigner, hoping that he will always love Korea.

While they are happily chatting while holding their ice-creams, someone is actually watching them, and he is Yoo Seungho.

Seungho : Park Jiyeon! (walking closer to where the two are)

Jiyeon : (startled, automatically standing up)

Male foreigner : (startled as well, and follows Jiyeon standing up) who-who’s that?

Jiyeon : (no answer)

Seungho : (already standing near to both of them)

Male foreigner : (noticed Seungho’s fierce face, or to be more accurate, jealous face. Feels uneasy) oh, then I’ll be leaving. Nice to meet you, Miss Jiyeon. And yes, thanks for the ice-cream! (tries as quick as he can to finish his words, but still asking for the shake hands from Jiyeon, with smile)

Jiyeon : (shake hands with him) yes, no problem. Nice to meet you too. (smiles sincerely)

Seungho : (staring while they’re shaking hands)

Male foreigner : (gives a little smile to Seungho and quickly leaving)

Jiyeon : Enjoy your vacation! (Jiyeon’s last words before he disappears from her view)

Right after that…

Seungho : who was that? (being really, really serious)

Jiyeon : (silent with bowed head)

Seungho : I’m asking you, Park Jiyeon. WHO IS HE?!!! (starts raising his voice)

Jiyeon : nothing to do with you. (tries to leave)

Seungho : ne??? What did you say?

Jiyeon : (stopped and sighs) well I don’t know. He’s a foreigner.

Seungho : HUH! And you were chatting INTIMATELY with him? With a stranger?! And even buy an ice-cream for him?!! (totally pissed off)

Jiyeon : (speechless)

Seungho : Don’t you think it’s dangerous? He might kidnap you, don’t you know that?

Jiyeon : kidnap? Do you even care if I’m kidnapped?

Seungho : (silent. And at that moment, IU’s words replay on his mind)

“When you’re completely jealous to see that girl with another guy…”

“And you know what? The most thing that you scared of is LOSING HER. That is definitely LOVE!”

Jiyeon : I was just being friendly with a foreigner who loves our country so much. Is that a crime?

Seungho : (silent for a moment) but… not like just two of you sitting together~ (still trying to argue)

Jiyeon : (enough with the argument) forget it! (and leaving)

Seungho’s is just staring at Jiyeon, who is leaving. And… IU’s words replay on his mind, again and again. He sighs heavily…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After having their dinner, quite a boring dinner, since most of them were not talking to each other maybe due to their tiredness after long hours enjoying themselves, doing all the fun activities near the beach, all of them are heading back to the hotel, by walking. It is because the hotel is not that far from the beach. Plus, they think their vacation will be more precious if they walk more.

Seohyun : ahhh! I’m too tired!!! Just wanna go to sleep after this. (complaining while walking)

Yonghwa : wanna try to sleep with me? (wink at Seohyun. Losing his mind due to the fatigue)

Seohyun : mweoya!!!~ (blushing)

Seungho, Jiyeon and IU just can smile to hear “adults’ stuff”.

Yonghwa : arasseo~ yah guys, why all of you just keep quiet?

Seungho, Jiyeon & IU : tired~ (answering together, with a weak voice)

Yonghwa : ah how can these teenagers have too little of energy?

No answer. And finally they reached at the hotel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In girls’ room…

Seohyun : ahhh bed, SARANGHAEYO!!! (immediately jumps on to the bed)

IU : (preparing herself to go to sleep)

Jiyeon : (looking for something in her bag) ah here it is! (whispers to herself)

IU : Jiyeon ah, not sleeping? (already lied down on her bed)

Jiyeon : not yet. Just go to sleep first, IU ah.

IU : arasseo! (then looks at Seohyun and laughs) haha, I guess unnie already having her dream.

Jiyeon : (looks at Seohyun who is TOO into her sleeping. And smiles)

 

In boys’ room…

Yonghwa : wahhh I don’t know I’ll love beds this much. (lying down)

Seungho : (sitting on his bed, smiling at Yonghwa)

Yonghwa : but for sure I love Seohyun more! (smiles by himself)

Seungho : (stopped smiling after noticing the word “love” use by Yonghwa) Hyung, may I ask a question?

Yonghwa : ne??? of course. Go ahead.

Seungho : when did you start realizing that you lo-love Seohyun noona? (in his serious mood)

Yonghwa : well… not really sure. You know what, Seungho? When you start loving somebody, you will also start refusing that feeling.

Seungho : refusing? Wae?

Yonghwa : the fact that you’re scared of LOSING HER…

Seungho : LOSING HER… the most thing that they’re scared of…

Yonghwa : oh how did you know that? (confused for a moment)

Seungho : (just smiling)

Yonghwa : well it happens to be like that. But once you stop refusing it, you would never want to lose that feeling. Never! (gives his speech like a professor, love professor)

Seungho : (listening to what Yonghwa's saying with full-hearted) but... how can I know if I am in love with somebody?

Yonghwa : (big and meaningful smile) I’m just TOO SURE you’re in love right now, Yoo Seungho. Then good night! (directly going to sleep)

Seungho : (frowning, thinking deeply)

 

...TO BE CONTINUED...

NOTE : OK I'm SO SORRY GUYS! but this is, personally, my MOST FAVOURITE chapter! kekeke!~ How about yours, guys? Which chapter? Anyway, keep loving this fanfic... SUPERSUPER THANXXX!!! And to NEW READERS n NEW SUBSCRIBERS, welcome!!! ;-)

p/s : sorry for any wrong english words used, grammar mistakes etc.