Flips

Why me?

Yumi sat in a practice room alone, thinking over what she could do for the fest now that she was working alone. Yubin, of course, was working with Jungkook and even though they had both said it was okay for her to join them, being a third wheel wasn't exactly appealing to Yumi.

She was actually starting to feel frustrated at her lack of ideas on what to do. Doing it alone was a no-no for her, and there wasn't much time left for her to compose her own song.

As Yumi sat thinking over what she could do, or who she could possibly partner up with, there was a knock on the door before it slowly squeaked open.

Yumi jumped to her feet when she saw the face of the person pop through the crack in the doorway. "Eden sunbae?" 

"Hey, whas'up? You by yourself?" Eden asked as he walked fully through the door. "Neh. Did you need to practice? I'll just go then," Yumi said as she hastily grabbed her belongings.

"No... don't go. Stay with me," Eden said as he held her arm. Yumi didn't even notice when he had gotten so close to her, but for a second she froze as she stared into his warm brown eyes. Eden smiled slightly as he looked back at her. It was a different look from his usual cocky smirk. 

Yumi found herself falling lost to his kind face. It hit her then that she's never actually seen him look the way he did now. It was warm, and sweet. 

Eden let out a low chuckle as he guided Yumi to a chair, grabbing a guitar on the way before sitting down next to her. So close, their knees brushed up against each other with every movement they made.

Yumi tried hard not to blush to much, but it was proving to be extremely difficult. Eden strummed his fingers against the guitar a couple times as he hummed.

He stopped abruptly and looked at Yumi's face. "Where's your partner? Shouldn't you to be practicing?" 

"I don't have a partner anymore.. He said he couldn't work with me anymore," Yumi replied quietly as she thought of Jimin and his attitude earlier that day. 

Eden's face moved closer to Yumi's as he tried to catch her eyes that were looking down, "his loss."

Yumi held her breath for a second as she stared at his eyes she couldn't seem to tear herself away from. She wondered what was going on with her, as she felt as if her stomach were doing weird flips inside her. 

"Well since you're free now, maybe it can be me this time?" Eden asked with his signature smirk that quickly turned into a full blown smile as he saw Yumi blush a deep red. Cute.

"Neh? You mean you wanna be partners?" Yumi stuttered out. She didn't like how she was acting. The last time she remembered being this way was with Jimin. 

Aniiiyya~! Yumi you can't feel this way for Eden sunbae! Yumi thought to herself as she watched Eden put up the guitar he was holding. "Yeah. Let's be together," Eden said as he walked backed toward Yumi. He paused right in front of her as he leaned forward and put his hands on either side of the Yumi. "For the fest I mean..."

Yumi was already a deep shade of red as she leaned away from Eden.  "N-neh," she replied back timidly. She wasn't completely sure what was going on but it seemed to her that Eden liked seeing her flustered.

Eden couldn't hold back his laugh anymore as he stood up straighter. He laughed at how cute Yumi looked when she was panicking. "Great! I'll find a song for us to do and we can start practicing tomorrow morning," Eden said as he walked toward the door. 

Yumi sat up straighter as she heard him say that. "Tomorrow morning?!" 

"Yupp. Is that a problem?"

"I have to deliever paper," Yumi aswered as she stood up to leave also. "I know. We'll deliver the paper then start after. 7 okay," with that said Eden left Yumi staring after him in a way that made it clear, she thought he was crazy. How does he know I deliver paper at that time? Could he really remember that from last time? 

Yumi was confused but she couldn't help but smile a little at the thought of working with Eden. Her stomach wouldn't stop feeling as though it were light and being flipped repeatedly.