Actions

Why me?

As usual, Im Yumi walked into Cafe Shrine to order a bag of chocolate muffins not only for herself but for the one guy she had been crushing on since the beginning of middle school. Park Jimin.

From the moment she laid eyes on him he was the cutest,sweetest,smartest, pretty much everything good plus est that she had ever laid eyes on in her short 16 years of life. Not only did he dance,play sports, and do martial arts but he also sang. He was perfect. At least in Yumi's opinion he was.

But she completely and constantly over looked the fact that he was apart of the group of guys who constantly teased her non-stop at school for being a little on the heavy side.

Sure Yumi wasn't as skinny as the other girls and maybe she kind of did have a B-line, but she didn't think of herself as fat.

But that didn't stop his friends, or the rest of the student body for that matter, from calling her Chubbs. The nickname Jimin's best friend V had so kindly gave her.

And the fact that Jimin laughed along to the jokes they made about her didn't bother Yumi either. In her mind, as long as he's happy then she's happy.

That was just how blinded Yumi was by her feelings.

So everyday she would buy muffins or milk to bring to Jimin to help him start off his day. Yumi cared about his well being and she didn't want him to fail any classes due to hunger.

Some people thought she was obsessed but for her it wasn't like that at all. Yumi liked Jimin and she believed he at least liked her as a friend. So she wanted to show him that she cared about him.

After receiving her bag of muffins she left the shop and walked to school with her head held high, enjoying the cool weather.

School would be ending soon and that meant Yumi was going to graduate and begin high school next term.

She was excited and couldn't wait to finally be out of middle school.

As Yumi got closer to school she spotted Jimin with his friends and immediatly she ran to catch up to him.

People gave her weird looks as she ran by but Yumi paid no mind to them at all. Only thing she was worried about was getting Jimin to eat something before class started.

"Woah, slow down there Chubbs your causing an earthquake," V held up his hands and gave her a funny look. His little "joke" didn't go unheard by everyone around them and before she knew it people were laughing at her, even Jimin.

Yumi felt embarrased but smiled and forced out a fake giggle.

Jungkook who was the maknae of their group they called BTS, looked at Yumi as if she was crazy. "Do you always laugh when people insult you?" He asked her seriously. Out of the three BTS members she went to middle school with, Jungkook was the ice prince. The cold one that intimidated everybody.

Yumi pursed her lips together and looked down to hide her blush. "Jimin-ah eat well okay," Yumi peeked up and saw him smiling at her sweetly before he nodded. "I will. Thanks again Yumi-ah."

Just like that her heart fluttered when he said her name. But she kept a blank face to hide her happiness. V scoffed next to Yumi before walking off, followed by Jungkook.

She didn't understand why V acted the way he did towards her. She honestly didn't remember ever doing something wrong too him and yet it always seemed like he went out of his way to insult her. The same could be said for Jungkook but Yumi believed he was just a cold person.

The bell rang and she ran toward her class in a haste. She felt like she had done a lot of running already today.

As soon as she stepped into class Yumi heard people snickering around her and she realized she must look like a half drowned cat. Or dog, considering all the sweat that was running down her face.

Yumi blushed a light pink before quickly making her way to her seat.

Sighing quietly to herself, she stared out the window and hoped that Park Jimin would realize soon just how much she really cared for him.

Yumi wasn't sure if she could keep up with the one-sided love in high school.

In the beginning when she first started having feelings for him she decided to show him by being there for him instead of confessing with words how she felt.

What better way to let someone know you like them then by caring for them right?

But it seemed as though no matter what she did Jimin would only accept it as a friend.

She wasn't sure if he really didn't know or if he was just turning a blind eye to her efforts but she didn't want to believe the latter option so she chose to belive the first.

He really must not know yet how I feel? But I'm not very good with words so how do I tell him? Aish Yumi-ah pay attention you silly girl!

Yumi shook her head before facing the front to focus on the lesson. But she still couldn't help but feel confused on what she should do with her feelings in this one-sided love she was trapped in.