Singing

Why me?

The first semester of school passed by quickly with busy schedules for both girls. Yumi had school work, Shrine work, and photography projects. While Yubin had the same except fashion & stitch designs to complete instead of photography stuff. And on top of that, both girls had practice for the upcoming Fall fest where they would be dancing and singing. 

They were so busy that they barely had an hour of free time to just chill with each other. Besides for a few minutes during break time when they were in the practice room.

"Urgh! I'm so beat," Yubin sighed as she dropped down next to Yumi who was laying flat on her tummy with her hands tucked under her head like a pillow. "Tell me bout it."

They were currently sitting in one of the practice rooms taking a quick break after all the dancing they did. Fortunately for them, they were able to do a dance duet with Kai and Sehun. Their song was upbeat and had dubstep moves that were sharp yet smooth.

Kai and Sehun had left to get drinks and snacks for the four of them, leaving the two girls to sit around and be lazy. "We're improving though," Yubin noted with satisfaction. Yumi her side and propped her elbow up to hold her head. "Yeah I'd say the dance is ready. Now all we have to do is work on what we're going to sing."

"What do you think we should do?" Yubin asked as she laid down on her stomach while leaning onto her forearms. "I'm not sure..." Yumi pouted as she tried to think of something good. Instead though her thoughts were interrupted.

"We're back!" Sehun yelled as he ran into the room with Kai close behind. "Yay food!" Yubin beamed as she sat up and crossed her legs.

For awhile they sat around and enjoyed their snacks while they quietly made small talk. "Oppa, what are you guys doing for the singing portion of the fest?" Yubin asked Sehun.

"I'm singing with the some of the hyungs of Exo. Wae?" Yubin frowned," me and Mimi don't know what to do..." 

"You could both go solo or team up with another group," Kai suggested with his mouth full. "Oppa swallow before you talk or you'll choke," Yumi giggled as she handed him a bottle of water. "Try something different besides doing it together. People are probably expecting it and compared to bigger groups, it doesn't really hold a wow factor," Sehun stated bluntly. Yumi and Yubin exchanged sad looks but they knew Sehun was right.

After practice all four of them split up to go their seperate ways. Yumi had to go over to the photography club to print out photos that were due the next day for the daily Kingston Newspaper. 

As she was about to make her out she heard a guitar playing somewhere nearby. Curiousity got the best of her as she slowly crept down the hall toward the sound of the music. I wonder who's still here...

A voice started singing along to the guitar and Yumi couldn't help but think it was one of the sweetest voices she ever heard. She could tell it was a guy's voice as his voice was deep and husky, but somehow still managed to be soft.

Once she was outside the door the sound came out of the strongest, she slowly and carefully pushed it open hoping she wouldn't disrupt the person.

Her eyes widened as she laid eyes on the person in front of her. She stayed behind the door but watched and listened carefully to every word he sang.

The song was slow and sad, about a love that went unheard yet couldn't be ignored. A one sided love that he wishes he could let go. His eyes were shut tight as he sang and Yumi could tell that he was feeling the music and relating to the lyrics. What kind of girl wouldn't love him back? 

Yumi felt something stir in her heart without even acknowledging what it could be. She was lost in his voice and his face that showed so much emotion. 

Unconciously, her feet carried her over to him. He was so into the song that he didn't even open his eyes or hear anyone come in. He continued to sing as Yumi sat down in front of him quietly.

When his song came to an end he still kept his eyes closed and thought about the girl in his heart. More than anything at the moment he wanted her. 

And when he opened his eyes it was like god answered his prayers, because there she was smiling sweetly toward him. When she called his name an involuntary smile spread across his face and just like that he felt the opposite of what he did a few minutes ago. He felt happy.

"Taehyung-ah, that was beautiful."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank You to everyone who've subscribed! Please comment and let me know what you think

Your opinions make me happy and motivate me to write more ^_^

I know this was short but I'll try to update more soon! Thanks Again! <3