Chapter 6

Two is Enough

Kai sighed as he watched his new employees helping around in the shop. Some of them were clearing the table, some were helping to make the coffee or tea that the customers ordered and there were about two of them were being trained by Suho. It have been a week since Jaehyun was admitted into the hospital and Kyungsoo's routine never change. He would wake up in the morning to prepare his breakfast, drive to the hospital, pick Kai up from the cafe and goes back home to sleep. It hurts Kai looking at how Kyungsoo doesn't even bother about his health and also his pregnancy. He admit he understands if Kyungsoo is worried about Jaehyun but he is worried about their son too but don't you think that Kyungsoo is going overboard that he doesn't even care about his pregnancy?

 

“Hey, Kai! What are you thinking about this time?” Chanyeol asked as he took a seat opposite Kai.

 

“Nothing much. Just how Kyungsoo is not taking care of his pregnancy and always going to the hospital to visit Jaehyun,” Kai simply replied.

 

“You know what? You should go and visit your son since you have nothing to do right now. And you look exhausted too,” Chanyeol replied.

 

-

 

The moment Kai arrived in the hospital, he found Kyungsoo soundly sleeping on the couch next to Jaehyun's bed. He had his hand securely over his not-so-big tummy. He was just 11 weeks pregnant and he was obviously not showing. Kai walked over to his son and noticed that the baby looked better than he did when they brought him here. Kai caressed Jaehyun's cheek carefully hoping that he won't wake up from his deep slumber. But Jaehyun seems to recognise the touch because he stirred awake when Kai caressed his cheek. Jaehyun gave Kai a gummy smile before holding out his little arms to be carried out of the crib. Kai carefully carried his son and brought him over to Kyungsoo. Jaehyun placed his hands on Kyungsoo's cheek and chuckled when he noticed his omma twitching in his sleep.

 

Kyungsoo woke up when he heard the familiar chuckling. He opened his eyes and saw Jaehyun chuckling in Kai's arms. His little hands clapping every now and then. “Good morning sweetie,” Kai said as he smiled the same smile that Kyungsoo fell for three years ago.

 

“What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked. “Aren't you supposed to be at the cafe?”

 

“Nope. I was worried about you that I decided to come down to visit Jaehyunnie and also to check on you,” Kai said as he sat down next to Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo was about to peck Kai's cheek when the doctor interrupted them. “Oh. Am I interrupting something?” He asked as he smiled sheepishly.

 

Kyungsoo just blushed because he realise that he was nearly caught attempting to kiss his husband. While Kai acted like nothing happened and replied the doctor and gesturing the old man to enter the room.

 

“Well, looking at your son's body temperature and his appetite, I think he can be discharged tonight. I just need you to sign on the form at the counter and the three of you are ready to go,” the doctor said as he passed Kai the form that needs to be filled.

 

Kai signed it and went back to the room to help Kyungsoo pack Jaehyun's belongings while Kyungsoo changed him into something warmer.

A/N:

Anddddddd, here it goes. the next chapter. hint for chapter 7: it starts with an s. woot! this is my first time though. forgive me for the mistakes made. anyway, enjoy this chapter and wait patiently with chapter 7. xoxo.