Chapter 4

Two is Enough

The next morning, Kyungsoo woke up to his baby crying. He turned to his right to wake Kai up but realise that the other wasn't there beside him. He groggily got up and went to look for his son. He found Jaehyun in his mother's hands. The older was trying to calm the boy down but nothing seems to work. Jaehyun was squirming in his grandmother's arms when he saw his omma standing at the living room watching everything. “Oh! Kyungie? You're awake? Here take Jaehyun with you, I'll prepare milk for him.” Mrs Do said as she passed the kid over to Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo continuously rubbed his son's back calming the boy down. “Jaehyunnie-ah, what's wrong baby? Why are you so cranky so early in the morning?” Kyungsoo asked his son but the boy just cried harder.

 

“Omma? Where's Kai?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Oh, he left early this morning. He said something about interviewing new employees for the cafe.” Mrs Do replied as she emerged from the kitchen with a bottle of milk for Jaehyun.

 

“Here you go,” She said as she passed the milk to Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo slowly cradled his son and fed him with milk. Jaehyun drank it heartily. Kyungsoo sighed as he watched his son drinking the milk trying to reach out to him. Mrs Do who was watching the whole scene prevail in front of her, “did Kai talk to you last night?” She asked.

 

Kyungsoo just hummed in response and told his mother everything that Kai said to him. “Omma, I am not ready for this. I still don't know how to handle Jaehyun then how am I supposed to handle a second one? Our cafe is starting to prosper and this is not the time to have a family you know?” Kyungsoo sighed as he watched his son fall asleep in his arms again.

 

“Some things happen when we least expect it,” Mrs Do replied as she gently squeezed Kyungsoo's hands.

 

-

 

~ At the cafe ~

 

Kai sighed deeply as he finished his last interviewee. It was a stressful procedure seeing that most of the people he interviewed had a lot of potential to help out in the cafe. Since the birth of Jaehyun, their cafe is bustling with people. He always joked about how Jaehyun brought luck into their little family. Well, you can say that because since the time their son was born, there were more people coming to their cafe. Customers coming in to their cafe anytime of the day, be it early in the morning or the afternoon or the evening. Customers would be there. And they only had Lay and Suho's help which is not enough. At any one time, there will only be about five people helping out at the cafe and Kyungsoo seldom stopped by at the cafe because he had Jaehyun under his care. Sometimes the five people who helped out at the cafe had to work from 8 am till 10 pm which was inconvenient for them because it affects their social life. Also, both Lay and Suho had plans of living in China so that Suho could meet Lay's family. And they would be traveling to and fro China constantly. This would only mean one thing: the couple might not be able to help them out. Kai counted that he would need to employ about 10 people? Both Sehun and Luhan offered to help out in the cafe when they have time. 'So that's more than enough employees,' Kai thought.

 

Kai was brought out of his thought when the bells of the door chimed, “HYUNG! I TOLD YOU PLACE THE CLOSE SIGN ON THE FREAKING DOOR I'M NOT ENTERTAINING ANY CUSTOMERS” Kai shouted from inside the kitchen as he took his apron and put on his professional smile.

 

He stopped in his tracks when he was face to face with his wife and their son, Jaehyun. “Oh, baby? What are you doing here?” Kai asked as he pecked his wife on the lips.

 

“Nothing. Just came here to pick you up right Jaehyunnie? We came to pick appa up neh?” Kyungsoo asked his son as the kid reached out for his father.

 

“Sure. Let's go. And we can play at home later on neh, Jaehyunnie?” Kai cooed at his son who answered his with a shriek and a loud Appa.

 

'It wouldn't be so bad if we have a second child, right?' Kyungsoo thought.