Chapter 15

Two is Enough

The next morning Kai woke up when he felt a pair of small hands on his wife beater. He groaned in bed as he tried to get the thing to stop. But he was forced awake when the small pair of hands started smacking his face continuously. He woke up and found his son trying to climb on top of his chest. He smiled looking at Jaehyun. He pushed himself up in a sitting position and carried Jaehyun on to his lap. The boy giggled as his father tickled his sides. “Good morning, Appa!” the little boy chirped. That was one of the few things that Jaehyun learned to say but it wasn't articulated properly yet.

 

“Morning, Jaehyunnie,” Kai replied as he ruffled the boy's hair.

 

Jaehyun got out of Kai's hold and went over to his mother's side and tried to wake his mother up but it was all in vain. He pouted and crawled back to his father's side. “Omma?” he managed to say out with his face against Kai's shirt.

 

“Omma is not feeling well, honey. He'll wake up later. Why don't we prepare breakfast for him, hmm?” Kai asked and Jaehyun nodded his head enthusiastically as he held his hands out as a signal for his father to carry him to the kitchen.

 

-

 

Kai placed Jaehyun on his high chair as he put on an apron that Kyungsoo bought for him back when they were dating. After doing so, he took out some ingredients to make the pancake mixture because he knew since the time Kyungsoo was pregnant with their second, the older have been craving for pancakes with all kinds of weird syrups. This time, Kai hoped that Kyungsoo would want to eat them with maple syrup because he had enough of Kyungsoo eating pancakes with kimchi. Like who does it?! Well, that's not the point here. But his mission right now is to make an appetizing breakfast in bed for Kyungsoo. After making the mini heart shaped pancakes and carefully placing them on the plate, Kai smiled looking at his creation. 'Ah, I am such a romantic husband,' Kai smirked at his thought.

 

He showed his creation to Jaehyun, “You think omma will like this?” Kai asked. Jaehyun didn't reply to Kai's question but drooled looking at the pancakes as he tried to reach out to grab on of the mini heart shaped pancakes. “YAH! That's not for you Jaehyun-ah. It's for omma,” Kai replied. Jaehyun just sat there with a visible pout on his face.

 

When Kai noticed that Jaehyun was on the binge of bursting into tears, Kai quickly came to his side, “Jaehyunnie~ Don't cry! Appa wasn't angry with you. I was just kidding okay?”

 

“Kai? What are you doing so early in the morning with Jaehyun?” Kyungsoo asked as he rubbed the sleep away from his eyes with the blankets covering his petite frame and protruding four month old belly. “Did you make Jaehyun cry again?” Kyungsoo asked annoyed.

 

“Aish! You're always making Jaehyun cry right Jaehyunnie? Appa is a bad man because he makes you cry?” Kyungsoo cooed as he carried his son and brought him over to the couch turning on to yet another episode of Pororo.

 

Jaehyun just nodded in response as he rested his head on the crook of Kyungsoo's neck with the same pout that he had when Kai was joking about taking one of Kyungsoo's mini heart shaped pancakes.

 

Not long after, Kai came to the couch and brought the pancakes that he made for Kyungsoo, “I made breakfast for you and you can share it with Jaehyun.” Kai said as he made some space for himself next to Kyungsoo on the couch.

 

Kyungsoo draped part of the blanket over Kai's shoulder as the trio shared the breakfast together with Kyungsoo feeding Jaehyun his share of the breakfast. “Oh. Why were you not sleeping on the couch this morning?” Kyungsoo asked with his mouth full.

 

“Err, you weren't feeling well last night so I had to stay by your side to ensure that you're fine and Jaehyun slept with us too,” Kai replied not liking where this conversation is heading.

 

“I wasn't feeling well? I don't have any memory of it,” Kyungsoo looked confused at Kai.

 

“So the fever really took your memory away eh? You fainted while you were talking to Taemin hyung,” Kai said.

 

“Oh I did? And where's Taemin? I want to apologise to him and help me choose new baby clothes for our baby,” Kyungsoo said as he took another bite of the pancake.

 

“He went back home with his boyfriend last night. And isn't it a little too early to buy baby clothes? And you're only four months along and you're not showing much yet. And he can wear Jaehyun's old ones,” Kai replied as he took a bite of the pancake in Kyungsoo's hands.

 

“IT'S NOT EARLY! AND YOU WANT MY BABY TO WEAR HAND-ME-DOWNS?! NO WAY IN HELL I'LL LET THAT HAPPEN! HE OR SHE NEEDS NEW ONES. MY BABY IS COMING IN FIVE MONTHS AND YOU'RE SAYING I AM NOT SHOWING MUCH?!” Kyungsoo said in exasperation. “You're unbelievable you know Kim Jongin?!”

 

“Ah. no. I was. Umm. Actually.” Kai stuttered.

 

“STOP STUTTERING! I HATE IT WHEN YOU DO THAT!” Kyungsoo said. “You're sleeping on the couch tonight too. And don't think by making me breakfast will make me change my mind.”

 

'Oh God! Just when I thought that he might forget what happened and let me hold him tonight. At least he forgives Taemin hyung,' Kai thought. 'Relax Kai. This will be over in five months.'

 

A/N:

i should be sleeping soon. but its okay i won't be surprised if i am late for school tomorrow. hehe. XD and kyungie is still angry with kai. nehhh, don't worry they will make up soon. xoxo.