Chapter 14

Two is Enough

“Onew-shi, how is Kyungsoo? Will he be okay?” Kai asked Onew with a panic stricken look.

 

“He's fine. He's just in too much stress. I guess you should try to be by his side more often. He needs your love. That's all,” Onew replied as he made his way out of the bedroom bowing to every single person in the apartment.

 

“Taemin hyung? Mind telling me what happened?” Kai asked as he sat beside Kyungsoo placing the older hands into his palm.

 

Taemin sat opposite Kai and told him everything that happened. After listening to what happened, Kai began to understand the reason why Kyungsoo have been acting weirdly around him for the past month. He was jealous. Jealous of him and Taemin. He didn't expect it to escalate to this. He now understood why Kyungsoo kicked him out of their shared bedroom. Kai caressed Kyungsoo's forehead with his other free hand and tenderly kissed the top of his forehead. Oh how much he missed doing it to Kyungsoo. Taemin was just standing at the side watching the while scene unfold. Sometimes, he wished that was him and Minho but it would never happen because both of his parents are strongly against their relationship. Taemin snapped out of his daydream when he heard the doorbell of Ka's apartment.

 

Kai was about to get up to answer the door but Taemin stopped him, “Nevermind. I'll get it. Kyungsoo needs you.” Taemin said as he made his way to the door.

 

-

 

“Oh my God! Kai! Is Kyungie okay?!” Mrs Do asked the moment she entered the apartment.

 

“He's fine. He's just too stressed out because of the events lately,” Kai replied with a smile on his face.

 

“Kai, there are other visitors outside who wants to see you. Why don't you go and greet them?” Mrs Do said as she took the place of sitting beside Kyungsoo.

 

“B-but I need to be b-” Kai was interrupted when Mrs Do placed her hands on Kai's shoulder.

 

“No. the people out there needs to see the owner of the house. Isn't it abit too rude if you don't at least greet them? Why don't you bring Jaehyun out too? Kyungie will be fine by my side,” Mrs Do replied as she smiled at Kai.

 

-

 

The moment Kai stepped into the living room with Jaehyun in his arms, he was taken aback by the group of people who was gathered in the living room. He recognised the couple as his aunt and uncle who he have not seen since the time he moved to Seoul (Taemin's parents). Along with his mother and another tall man who he did not recognise at all. But looking at how close he was standing next to Taemin, Kai assumed it as Taemin's boyfriend, Minho. Jaehyun who wasn't used to the amount of people in the apartment started wailing loudly. Kai tried to calm his son down but the boy won't listen to him. This is a first for him because Jaehyun usually calmed down whenever he was in his father's arms but it did not work this time. Kai just assumed that Jaehyun needs Kyungsoo but he can't possibly hand him over to Kyungsoo because Kyungsoo wasn't feeling well. After 10 minutes of coaxing him and convincing him that the people are part of his family, Jaehyun stopped crying. But he wouldn't let go of his father's neck when people wanted to carry him. He just cling on to Kai tighter.

 

Kai served drinks to the visitors with much difficulty because Jaehyun doesn't want to be with his grandmother. Kai sat next to his mother with Mr and Mrs Lee sitting opposite him and Taemin along with his live in boyfriend next to them. After awhile of getting to know each other, Kai found out that Mr and Mrs Lee have come to terms with Taemin's uality and they were willing to accept Taemin back in. Later that night, after the two couples left with Taemin's luggage, Kai put Jaehyun to sleep in their shared bedroom. Jaehyun was quick to snuggle closer to his mother's chest. Kai just thought that Jaehyun misses his mother's warmth as much as he missed being around Kyungsoo.

 

He caressed Kyungsoo's cheek softly and whispered, “Kyungie baby, why are you always doing this to yourself? You know that I love you and only you right?”