Chapter 21

Two is Enough

Kyungsoo's POV:

 

Right now, I am at my last week of my pregnancy. I know I shouldn't be moving around much and I should stay home and wait for the time to come for the arrival of our baby. But I am just too eager for the opening of our second cafe which was located right next to the library! The library where our love blossoms, where Kai proposed to me and where we tied the knot. It's funny how I come to love the library a lot because I was the one who was strongly against with the wedding being held there. I was going through my wardrobe when I felt Kai's arms wrapped around my belly. “Kyungie? What are you doing?” he asked as he placed his chin on my shoulder.

 

“Looking for something warm to wear, of course!” I said with a smile on my face as I shoved him to the side to get dressed.

 

“Where are you going?” Kai asked from the side.

 

“Following you for the grand opening of our second cafe,” I simply said as I looked at my reflection on the mirror satisfied with how I looked.

 

“Isn't it too dangerous for someone whose due date is coming soon to be going out in this harsh weather?” He continued as he looked at me worriedly.

 

“Nope. I'll be fine. Besides, I haven't be feeling much contractions lately. So, I'll be fine,” I said.

 

“Whatever you say,” Kai mumbled as I made my way to the living room to see Jaehyun climbing on my omma's back.

 

“Oh Lord! Kyungie! Thank God you're here. Can you get your son off my back,” Omma said as she struggled trying to get him off. I have to admit that Jaehyun have been putting on weight lately. I've tried stopping him from eating whatever he wants but It don't seem to work because omma have been giving in to his woes.

 

-

 

Once we reached the venue of our new cafe, I was surrounded by our group of friends who were shocked that I was there for the opening. Just like Kai, they said that I should be staying at home because my due is coming and it is not safe for me to be outside. But I just brushed it off saying that our second child isn't giving me any problem. Kai was smiling at the cameras as they flashed to snap a picture of him giving one of his opening speeches which wasn't long though and it was awkward because he paused here and there. It was Baekhyun and Chanyeol's weird idea of inviting some journalists to promote the opening of our second cafe. However, their definition of some journalist sure is a lot. We were lucky that the couple had some connections with the press as this helps with the promotions. I was called to the front to stand beside Kai so that we could cut the ribbon together and officially open the cafe. I gingerly made my way to the front door as I winced in pain every now and then. The pain on my lower regions is increasing but I brushed it off as the baby is kicking because he/she have been active lately.

 

I smiled at Kai as he took my hand and smiled at me mouthing an I love you. Sehun passed us the scissors. Kai passed it to me as he placed his hands over mine. We successfully cut the ribbon off and pushed the door open. Kai kissed the top of my forehead and whispered endless I love yous to me as I carried Jaehyun. Kai was gazing into my eyes that he was startled when the confettis popped. I laughed at him because that was the only thing about Kai that will never change. He is still scared of confettis despite being a father of a 21 month old and also our baby that is coming soon. I pinched his cheeks as I giggled at him. Jaehyun was giggling too. It was good to know that Jaehyun wasn't afraid of confettis unlike his unmanly father.

 

We sat down in the cafe as our new workers took their places. Some behind the counter, next to the coffee maker and also in the kitchen. Since it was the grand opening of our second cafe, Kai decided to give free coffees and also free sampling of our new and improved red velvet cheesecake for the next 3 hours. Kai was standing at the side guiding some of the new workers along with Sehun and Chanyeol, greeting any new customers every now and then. I was sitting at one of the booths with Luhan and Baekhyun while we watched over our kids playing. It was all peaceful among the three of us but I would constantly wince in pain every now and then which went unnoticed by the other two.

 

But when I couldn't take it anymore, I screamed in pain, “AHHH! Luhan hy-hyung. M-my tu-tummy. I-it hurts.” I said as I grabbed the side of his jacket.

 

“Omo! Are you alright Kyungie?” Luhan said as he told me to calm down with all the breathing method.

 

“NO! I think the baby is coming,” I said as I breathed in and out while grabbing onto whatever that was in sight.

 

“KAI! YOUR BABY IS COMING! KYUNGSOO NEEDS TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!” Baekhyun shouted from across the cafe.