Chapter 12

Two is Enough

Fourth month:

 

Kyungsoo's POV:

 

I woke up the next morning with Jaehyun crying. I got up from my sleeping position and found Jaehyun next to me squirming. His eyes all red from the crying. I carried him carefully and got up, bouncing him slowly in hopes that he would stop crying. I walked back and forth in my room but he just wouldn't calm down. I looked down at him and realised that there's only one person that can help him to calm down: Jongin. Jaehyun would usually stop crying when he is in his father's arms. He just love Kai too much, I guess? On days that I really don't want to face that idiot's face. “You want appa?” I asked Jaehyun despite knowing his answer.

 

He nodded his head vigorously while trying to say a short neh. I walked out of the room and heard Jongin and Taemin talking happily to one another. I knew that Jongin was preparing breakfast. Both of them turned when they heard Jaehyun's cries. Jongin quickly made his way to Jaehyun and carried him in his arms. Well, I didn't miss the part where Taemin had his arms around Kai's neck.

 

“I'll just go back to the room to wash up then,” I muttered as I made my way to the room. I don't know why but the moment I was in our room, I broke down. I drew my knees to my chest from the position that I was in. Yes, I do understand that Taemin was jongin's cousin but I just couldn't help but feel that tinge of jealousy bubbling up my throat. I could burst out anytime soon. Aren't they abit too close for cousins? I mean their skinship. Since the time Taemin came to our apartment, Taemin was all over Jongin. I was at fault too for kicking him out of our shared bedroom. I got up from the floor and made my way to the bathroom to take a long warm shower.

 

After I was done, I made my way to the kitchen only to be greeted with Jaehyun's giggles and Jongin teaching him a few new words. I smiled internally knowing that my son is learning more words day by day. But what made me sad was when I saw Jaehyun sitting in between Jongin and Taemin, with Taemin feeding my son his porridge. 'Okay, Kyungsoo. Taemin is just being a good uncle to his first nephew. He has a boyfriend.' I told myself as I sat across from the couple to get myself some pancakes.

 

“Omma here!” Jaehyun squealed the moment he saw me taking my pancakes.

 

“Yes, honey. I'm here. Are you having fun with appa and Taemin-shi?” I asked my son as I tried my best to keep my smile on my face.

 

“Mmhmm. Taemin-shi?” He asked as he pointed his fingers towards Taemin.

 

“Yes, Jaehyunnie. Wow. Appa's boy is so smart,” Kai said as he pinched Jaehyun's cheeks who giggled in response. “You're not eating here with us?” He asked.

 

“Nope. My back hurts. I want to sit at the couch,” I replied as I sat down on the couch watching Pororo while eating my pancakes.

 

An hour later, Kai came out fresh from the shower. He only had his jeans on as he walked around the house looking for his favourite black shirt. I swear I saw Taemin blushed slightly when he saw MY Kai toned chest. After putting on his black shirt, he came back to Jaehyun who was sitting on his high chair playing with the toys that Taemin took out for him. He kissed the boy and carried him off the high chair and brought him over to me.

 

“I'm going to the cafe for awhile to see if there are job vacancies for Taemin hyung. But he won't be coming along. I asked him to stay here to look after you. Take care,” Kai said as he kissed me on my lips. “I love you Kyungsoo.” He said as he gazed into my eyes.