H

Guardian Angel

(Daehyun’s POV)

~Flashback~

 

My thumb grazed over the sleeping figures bottom lip. I watched as the figure moved slightly in his sleep. A slight familiar shock from my finger caused the figure to open his eyes.

A pair of chocolate colored doe eyes stared right at me. I smiled at him as my eyes took in every inch of his body. The glow of his skin was now gone and his once golden blonde hair was now replaced with a dark brown color instead. I remember his eyes being a golden color but those too had been replaced with chocolate ones.

“Morning Jae.” I whispered as I ran my index finger along his arm.

Jae smiled sweetly at me before he frowned a little, “last night was our first time together. What will happen now?”

“I honestly don’t know. They will probably come after us now. It always ends the same way. Just when we finally find each other again they have to go and tear us apart.” I furrowed my brows.

“The Archangels said it’s our fate. They said that we can never truly be together because it is wrong for our kinds to be what we are.” Jae whispered.

“I don’t care what the beloved Archangels say. Who are they to decide our fate? They can wipe our memories as many times as they want, but we still find each other. We always do. You’re my Guardian so you have to protect me.” I gritted my teeth.

The room grew quiet. Too quiet. Tension was building in the air and only the sound of us breathing could be heard.

“I’m sorry. This is hard on both of us. What do you think they will do to us this time?” Jae asked curiously.

“Can’t say. I’m surprised they let us get this far. Normally they storm in right after our first kiss, but this time feels different. We just had for the first time last night, and the angels didn’t come for us yet. I think things are starting to change for the better.” I stated.

“Well I hope you’re right Demon Boy. I’m probably damned to Hell now anyways so let’s just enjoy this moment now, okay?” Jae said as he softly my cheek.

I smiled at him grabbing his hand and giving it a small peck. That shocking sensation returned when our fingers interlocked with one another.

“You know, I don’t mind getting shocked anymore Angel. It’s just proof of how we are bonded together as one. You’ve really changed me in more ways than one. I love you, Jae.”

“I feel the same way. No matter what happens we will always find our way back to each other. I love you Dae.” Jae murmured.

We lay there in silence for who knows how long. Just enjoying the feel of each other’s embrace. We weren’t sure how much time we had left before the Archangels would separate us again and erase our memories. That unfortunately was our fate. To be together one minute only to be torn apart the next. That was our punishment for loving each other.

“Jae. Can you sit up? I just want to check your wings.” I mumbled.

He nodded as he sat up slowly. My eyes widened as I stared at his once flawless back. He now had two scars. Both scars that were on each side of his back went half-way down and were in the shape of the crescent moon.

On instinct I ran my hand along one of the scars. I felt Jae tense up but he didn’t say a word. The scar felt like a regular scar. The only difference was the scar turned a dark red at my touch. Almost like I was burning him.

“Jae. Do you feel anything? Does it hurt?” I questioned.

“I feel warmth coming from where you’re touching me, but it doesn’t hurt. It kind of feels nice actually. I guess Bom was right about the whole Fallen Angel thing.” Jae mumbled.

“Yeah. I guess so. I’m sorry about all of this.” I stated as I pulled my hand away.

Jae turned back to look at me, “why? We did nothing wrong. We have the right to lead a normal life just like everyone else.”

“We are anything but normal Jae. I’m a demon and you’re an angel. Those two things don’t mix. Need I remind you of what happened the very first time we met? I almost killed you, Jae.” I mumbled as I dropped my head in my hands.

“Yeah but you didn’t. I still think I could have taken you back then.” Jae teased.

I chuckled a little, “oh please. I could take you out in a split second and you wouldn’t even know what hit you.”

“Pfft. Yeah right. I’d like to see you try.” Jae challenged.

A low growl escaped my lips as I grabbed Jae by the wrist and pinned him down on the bed. A chuckle escaped his lips before he stared up at me with hungry eyes.

I closed the distance between us with my lips. The familiar shocking sensation when our lips connected was all too thrilling. If I could I would want to spend an eternity living in this moment. No angels. No demons. No erased memories. No separation.

Just Jae and I spending an eternity in complete happiness is enough for me.


A/N: I'm back!!!....with a killer headahce from Hell. Haha. So this is a flashback to give more insight on DaeJae's past. I hope this will clear up some lingering questions. Feel free to ask me questions if you don't understand anything, and I will gladly explain it better. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Spam the hell out of my comment box if ya want. Thanks to those of you that have voted up this story. I appreciate all of the support. Thanks!! ^_^