D

Guardian Angel

Humans are very strange creatures.

I’ve been protecting Daehyun, in secret, for two weeks now. He has been acting quite differently from when we first met. I always find him running off when I try to talk to him. He is always stealing secret glances at me then blushes when I catch him doing it. I wonder what this means?

All of my classes were cancelled for the day so I had lots of time to kill. I took this opportunity to go find Daehyun. I decided to head to our dorm room first.

Our room was dark and it looked like there was no sign of life there. I sighed and decided to go to the place that I dreaded next.

I politely knocked on Yongguk and Himchan’s door. My nostrils flared as I smelled evidence of . They had obviously ed recently, and I let out a low hiss. This was a sin and it was disgusting.

Himchan answered the door with sleepy eyes. He let out a yawn and his black hair was a complete mess.

“Yeah?” He asked in a sleepy voice.

“Do you know where Daehyun is?” I gritted my teeth.

“Yeah. He’s with Zelo at the library. Something about helping the kid with his homework.” Himchan replied.

“Okay. Thank you.” I hissed.

I took off down the hall without saying another word. The further away from that corruption the better.

 

I walked into the library and caught sight of a tall pink haired guy. I smiled at him as I approached him.

“Hey Jae!” Zelo beamed.

“Hello Zelo.” I happily replied.

Being around this kid made me happy. He was so innocent and pure. He reminded me of Heaven.

Just then Daehyun walked up to the table with a stack of books in his hands. He saw me and blushed a little before he placed the books on the table.

“Do you need help with that?” I asked Daehyun.

“Nope. I got it all. Thanks though.” He said sheepishly.

I could hear Zelo giggle beside us. Daehyun nervously cleared his throat before he looked away.

I smiled at him before I looked at the stack of books he had brought. These books seemed to be all about angels. My eyes widened in shock before I glanced up at Zelo.

“What are these for?” I asked in shock

“For school. I have to write a paper on angels. It’s due in two days.” Zelo chuckled.

I just bit my lip. I thought humans weren’t supposed to know about our existence and here they were writing books and papers about us. I don’t understand this. Should I even attempt to help Zelo with his assignment? I didn’t want to break any of the rules, but I wanted to help Zelo as well.

“Maybe I can help you. I know a lot about angels.” I stated.

“Really? Will you? Thank you.” Zelo exclaimed.

I just smiled at him before ruffling his hair a little. He was very adorable.

“Yes. What would you like to know?” I replied.

“Hmm….can angels really fly? Like do they have wings and stuff?”

“Yes. All angels have wings, very large ones and they fly everywhere. They never walk like we do.”

“That’s so cool. What else do they do?”

“Well angels are also gifted in music. They can play any instrument and all of them sing. The music they play is always calming and relaxing.”

“What kinds of angels are there?”

“There are Archangels, and guardian angels. The Archangels are the highest order of angels. They are in charge of everything. They give out orders to everyone, and they also deliver punishments to anyone who disobeys them. There are four of them. All of the other angels are guardians. Each guardian angel is assigned a human to protect until the humans appointed time to die comes.”

“Awesome! So do I have a guardian angel then?”

“You could have one. Yes. Guardians are only appointed humans when it is necessary.”

“Well you sure do know a lot about angels, Jae.” Daehyun chimed in.

“Yes. I do.” I replied.

Before I could say anything else I heard this ringing in my ears. I pressed my hands against my ears and groaned. I had no clue what was going on. The ringing sound, in my ear, was becoming unbearable.

“Jae! Are you okay? You don’t look so good.” Daehyun asked in a worried tone.

“I think I should go now. Good luck with your homework Zelo.” I stated as I swiftly made my way towards the exit.

 

I arrived back at my dorm and ran into the bathroom. I quickly stared at my reflection in the mirror.

My once golden color eyes were now a chocolate color. I still had the doe like appearance to my eyes, but it didn’t look like me.

Was this one of the punishments for breaking the rules? My eyes flickered the golden color once more before they became a permanent chocolate color.

I suddenly remembered that Bom had brown eyes as well. Did that mean that she also broke the rules when she was a guardian here on Earth?

The ringing in my ears stopped as soon as my eyes changed colors. Strange. It took me several minutes to adjust to my new eyes. I noticed that my vision wasn’t as sharp as it had once been. As an angel our senses are heightened at an abnormally high level. My vision now represented that of a humans.

I had to be more careful now.

I had to make sure I didn’t break anymore rules or fall prey to the corruption in the world.


A/N: So now we know what happens to Jae when he breaks the rules or falls prey to corruption. Things will definitely be more interesting now. Any ideas on what will happen to Jae at the end of this story?? Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Please spam my comments because I love reading and replying to them. Thanks to those of you that have voted up this story. Thanks for all of the support!! ^_^