P

Guardian Angel

(Daehyun’s POV)

~Flashback~

 

“What do you mean you don’t know what your powers are?” Youngjae asked, his brow arched in a curious matter.

“I mean exactly what I just said. I don’t know what my demon powers are. Nobody ever taught me how to use them so I’m clueless as to what they are.” I frowned.

“Maybe you just need to practice on something. Like concentrate and focus all your energy on one thing. Maybe your power will reveal itself then.” Youngjae exclaimed.

“Yeah. Maybe. So is it the same for angels then? Do you have any powers?” I mumbled.

“All angels have powers. We each have our own special power that separates us from each other, and the rest of our powers are the same. We have superhuman strength, all of our senses are heightened more than the average human, we can see the future, and we have wings that allow us to travel faster than the speed of light.” Jae said happily.

“Wow! So what’s your special power then?” I questioned.

“I can control water or any type of liquid. The Archangels forbid us to master our powers because they claim it’s dangerous. The only thing I can do right now is make ice sculptures.” Jae pouted.

I chuckled at his cute pouty lips. He was the most adorable person I had ever met.

I shuffled some snow off of my boots and looked back at Youngjae. His pout was quickly replaced by his signature smile.

“Can you make me something right now then?” I chuckled.

“Yeah, I guess so. Just watch.” He replied.

I just nodded to him and scooted further back into the bench.

Jae closed his eyes and let out a sigh before he lifted his right hand in the air. I watched with wide eyes as the snow in front of us started to gather up to form some sort of tower.

Soon Jae clenched his fist and I shut my eyes as a burst of wind and snow hit my face. When I opened my eyes I began to blink rapidly.

Standing in front of us was a magnificent ice sculpture of some sort of palace. The design of the palace was so detailed and so intricate that I could only sit there in awe.

The palace had several arched doorways in the front and it had spiraling towers on the sides that had dome shaped roofs. Arched windows took up most of the palace. This was truly a work of art. It was a masterpiece.

“Wow Jae! This is so amazing. What is this based on?” I happily asked.

“It’s based on the Palace of Mysore. It’s located in Southern India. I heard Bom talk about it once. She even showed me a picture of it. I think it’s a beautiful palace. I’d like to visit it one day.” Jae beamed.

“Well I think you really captured this place pretty well. I like it.” I stated.

“Thanks Dae! I hope you can figure out what yours is soon. Maybe we could train together.” Jae stated as he clapped his hands together in a child-like manner.

“You’re welcome. So angels have wings, right?”

“Yes?”

“Can I see yours?”

“What?” Jae asked in shock.

“Can I see your wings?” I asked.

“Sure. I guess so.” Jae mumbled.

I watched as he stood up and removed his coat and shirt. There was a pair of scars on both sides of his otherwise flawless back. I assumed that’s where his wings were.

Jae stretched out his arms and then I watched his back carefully as a set of giant silver wings snuck out from where his scars were.

He turned around to face me so I could fully take him in.

His brown doe eyes stared at me and his dark brown hair hung messily across his forehead. Jae was tall and lanky. His skin was still creamy and flawless. His silver wings were pointed towards the sky and the way the sunlight hit them almost seemed to make them glow.

Seeing Jae in his normal form was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. Nothing could ever compare to the beauty that currently stood before me.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Jae questioned.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that you’re so beautiful I literally can’t take my eyes off of you.” I mumbled softly.

A blush crept up on Jae’s face as he gently bit his lip. I could feel my face getting hot as well.

“Want to go somewhere with me?” Jae suddenly asked.

“Sure. Where are we going?” I raised my brow.

“It’s a surprise. Take my hand.” Jae smiled as he extended his hand.

“Wait. We’re flying there? You’re going to fly us there?” I hesitantly asked.

“Of course I am. I can get us there quickly.” Jae replied happily as I took his hand.

“No. Let’s take our time. I want to spend as much time with you as possible.” I whispered in his ear.

Jae pulled me closer to him and I felt our bodies being lifted off the ground. I’ve always had a fear of heights so I found myself clutching Jae tighter than humanly possible. I could hear him lightly chuckle at me as we glided through the sky.

 

 

It was nighttime when we reached our destination. Jae carefully set us on the ground before he reverted back to his human form. My legs were a bit wobbly from the flight over here but the view we had in the sky was breathtaking.

“You know, for a demon you sure are an odd one.” Jae chuckled at me.

“I’m only half demon Jae. I’m not that odd.” I pouted.

Jae just shook his head at me and linked our fingers together. The familiar shocking sensation was now ignored as we made our way down a paved sidewalk.

We soon found ourselves standing in front of a beautiful palace all decorated with lights. I looked around to find other people taking pictures and posing near it. Must be tourists, I thought.

“What is this place?” I asked as I gaped at the palace.

“This is the Palace of Mysore.” Jae said happily.

“You brought us here, why?” I questioned.

“Because I wanted to share this moment with you. I’ve always wanted to visit it but now I wanted to see it with you.” He whispered.

I just stared at Jae in awe, “I love you Jae.”

“I love you too, Dae.” He replied.

Our fingers stayed locked together as we continued to stare at the giant palace in front of us.

This was a breathtaking moment for the both of us.


A/N: Here's some lovely DaeJae fluff for all of you. I think we could all use a small break from all the drama going on in this story. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have subscribed, commented, and voted up this story. I love and appreciate all of the support. Thank you all so much!! ^_^