K

Guardian Angel

I woke up to the familiar light, of the sun, shining on my face. I slowly rolled over in my bed to see if Daehyun was awake yet. A wave of fear crashed over me as I realized his bed was empty.

How did I not hear him when he left? What if he’s in danger? Why didn’t he wake me?

I scrambled out of bed and quickly threw on some clothes, not caring how I looked. The only thing on my mind was finding Daehyun.

My hand was about to grab the doorknob when I suddenly saw someone turning it. I looked up to find a smiling Daehyun staring at me.

He held two cups of coffee in his hands and offered me one while he slowly sipped the other. I eagerly took it and sipped the hot beverage. It burned my tongue a little and I frowned a bit. Daehyun just chuckled at me.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” I questioned as I took a very careful sip of my drink.

“You looked so peaceful sleeping. You deserve some sleep after that sickness you got not too long ago.” Daehyun mumbled.

“Okay. Well thank you very much for the drink. Wake me up next time. I don’t mind.”

“If you say so. Do you have any plans for the day?” Daehyun asked as he nervously bit his lip.

“None that I can think of. Why?” I asked before I took another sip of my drink.

“Well my mom wants to meet you. She likes to meet all of my friends and roommates. She’s weird like that. I’m actually going to visit her today and I was hoping you could tag along if you don’t already have plans.” Daehyun blushed a slight tinted pink before he took another sip of his drink.

“I’d love to go meet your mom!” I said a little too enthusiastically.

Daehyun chuckled a little, “okay. Let’s finish up here first then we can go see my mom.”

I just smiled and nodded at him. I wonder what his mom is like? Would she even like me?

Wait, why am I having these thoughts?

 

 

We pulled up to a countryside cottage. The house looked like something you would see in those human fairytale books that children read. The home gave off this rustic charm and there seemed to be a sort of calmness surrounding the place.

This home reminded me of that home that Sleeping Beauty girl stayed in during that cartoon princess movie.

“So this is where you live?” I asked as I followed Daehyun through the white picket fence.

“Nope. This is our summer home. We have a small apartment downtown that we live at. This home only gets used during the summer. It’s a pretty old house, but it was passed down to us through four generations now.” Daehyun replied.

“Oh. Well it’s very beautiful.” I noted.

We walked into the house and I carefully took in all of my surroundings.

The floors and walls were both made of wood. A large grey cobblestone fireplace sat in the middle of the room. One of the cobblestone walls held a large flat screen television on it. There was an ivory colored loveseat with two matching armchairs sat near a cherry-wood coffee table.

This was truly a picture perfect home. Everything was neatly organized, and not a thing was out of place.

“Mom! We’re here.” Daehyun called out.

“I’m coming!” I heard a feminine voice yell back.

I looked towards the wooden steps only to be greeted by a woman hastily walking down them.

The woman stood in front of us with a smile on her face. Her dark brown silky hair hung half-way down her midsection and her large dark orbs greeted us. She had a smile plastered on her naturally wide pink lips and her skin was a cream color.

“Oh. You must be Youngjae. My son here told me you would be tagging along.” Daehyun’s mother stated as she held out her hand.

“It’s very nice to meet you Ms. Jung. You have a very lovely home.” I said sweetly as I shook her hand.

“Thank you. Please, call me Eunji. I’m not that old.” She chuckled.

I just chuckled at her a little. I liked her already. She seemed like a very kind woman.

“So are you boys going to stay here for the night?” Eunji asked as she looked at Daehyun.

“We are mom. I hope that’s okay.” Daehyun replied.

“Of course it is. Well why don’t you two go unpack and show Youngjae here the rest of the house while I fix some lunch.” Eunji stated as she walked off.

Daehyun and I walked to the car and grabbed our bags. We came back into the house and trudged up the stairs. The ceiling stood very high up and a few ceiling fans hung down from it.

Daehyun led me to my room first.

The walls were a nice pistachio color with a white border. The white twin sized bed had matching sheets. The window curtains were also white and they hung to the floor. Two white bedside tables were on each side of the bed, and a small study desk was situated in the corner.

“Well this is your room.” Daehyun mumbled.

“It’s prefect. Thank you.” I cooed.

“So uhh…I guess I’ll show you my room now.” Daehyun said as he started to walk off.

I set my bags down on the bed and quickly followed after him.

His room was set-up exactly like mine only his walls were a cornflower blue, and his study desk was situated beside the doorway.

“This is my room.” Daehyun murmured as he awkwardly cleared his throat.

“It’s a very nice room.” I commented.

“Thanks. Well we should probably see if lunch is ready yet.” Daehyun stated.

 

 

We were anything but quiet during lunch. Non-stop conversation was made between all three of us and even a few casual jokes were being made.

“You should take Youngjae out to the pond later. I’m sure he would like that.” Eunji commented as she started to wash up the dishes.

“Yeah. We can go now if you want to.” Daehyun replied as he turned to look at me.

“Sure. Let’s go.” I said happily.

Who knows what will be waiting for us when we get there.


A/N: Yes. Eunji is a mom in this story. Haha! We are back in the present time now. More flashbacks will be happening VERY soon though. Comments and subscribers are very welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have voted up this story. I appreciate all of the support. Thanks!! ^_^