M

Guardian Angel

(Daehyun’s POV)

~Flashback~

 

I stood here on the barren soil just waiting for something exciting to happen. This town was completely deserted. It looked like it had been abandoned for a hundred years.

My demon eyes took in all of my surroundings. I could feel the aura of something pure and holy near me. An angel must have resided here once. Another group of demons must have killed it.

The sound of something behind me caused me to bare my teeth. A low hiss escaped my lips as I turned around to face the intruder.

I was met by the sight of a beautiful man. The man carried a light about him but he was far from a holy person. I could see him smirk at me with that devious look in his eyes.

“What are you doing here?” I hissed.

“Now, now Daehyun. Is that any way to greet your father?” The man chuckled.

His voice was dripping of sin and poison. I had this sudden urge to tear him to shreds.

“Go to Hell.” I spat.

“Been there already. I own Hell son. As I’m sure you remember.” He replied as he smirked at me.

“What are you doing here?” I growled.

“I came to see my only son. I just wanted to see how you’re adjusting to the fact that you’re half human and half demon. Such a unique child you are.” He cooed.

I didn’t buy his act for one second. He had other motives for sure. I just glared at him and watched as his eyes turned a deep red and had flames shooting from them.

“Why are you really here?” I questioned.

“Well you’re no fun. No fun at all. Fine. I came to see how your progress is coming. You are the tool to changing the future for all of us, and I intend to make sure everything goes as it should.” He smirked.

“Sure. Your precious tool won’t fail you. I will change the future and I’ll make sure that you’re not in it. The one that the Archangels call the Maker will stop you. He will put an end to you.” I sneered.

I saw a quick flash of fear in his eyes before it went back to normal. He just continued to smirk at me.

“I am well aware of what the Maker can do. He did banish me to Hell after all. He cannot stop my plans of taking over Heaven.” He said as he clenched his fists.

“Why do you need me for?” I hissed.

“I assumed you would have figured it out by now. I need you to corrupt one of the Makers precious angels. Once he sees the corruption of one of his precious creations he will become distraught, and I can use that time to launch an attack on him. The war between Heaven and Hell is drawing near Daehyun. Which side will you stand on?” He smirked at me.

Before I could utter a reply he had vanished into thin air. He left without a trace.

So this is what I was created for? To be the downfall of Heaven? Who is this angel that my so called father spoke of? My father is the one that the humans call ‘The Deceiver’ so what if he is just lying to me? Does he really want to cause a war between Heaven and Hell? Should I even try to stand by him or should I stand against him?

I quickly shook those thoughts from my mind as I left this deserted town.

 

 

I walked to school the following morning with my childhood friends Jongup and Zelo. They were both talking about some new video game. I just decided to tune them out. My mind was racing with thoughts of yesterday.

I walked into the school building in silence. Thankfully this was my last year of high school, but then college was next. At least I could live a some-what normal life despite me being demon.

The halls of the school were packed with people but my eyes landed on one person in particular. I had never seen him before so I assumed he was a new student.

The guy was only an inch shorter than I. He had golden hair and ember colored eyes. Probably contacts or something like that. His cheeks were chubby looking and his lips were a stained cherry red color. He gave off this sort of calming aura. It felt very….refreshing.

I don’t know how it happened but I soon found myself walking towards him.

He stared at me with those large doe eyes of his and a small smile. His milky skin was perfectly flawless and not a blemish was in sight.

“Hello. I’m new here. My name is Youngjae.” He said as he flashed me a dazzling white smile.

I had to blink several times to take in his natural beauty. He was the very definition of perfect.

“I’m Daehyun.” I replied sheepishly.

He extended his hand to me and I carefully shook it. A sudden shock coursed through me and I let out a slight yelp as I pulled my hand back.

“What was that?” I mumbled as I rubbed my hand.

“I don’t know.” Youngjae mumbled as he furrowed his brows.

“Yeah. Well I gotta go to class. Do you have your schedule with you?” I asked.

Just then Youngjae handed me the slip of white paper. I carefully unfolded it and scanned over it. We had every single class together.

“Looks like we have all of our classes together.” I stated.

“Really? That’s great. I hope that you and I can become friends then.” Youngjae said as he smiled at me.

I could only nod in response. I turned back to look at Jongup and Zelo. They shot me confused looks but shrugged it off. I smiled to them and waved. They took the hint and headed off to their own classes.

I suddenly found myself becoming more and more interested in this Youngjae person.

He seemed…..different.


A/N: Now things are starting to make sense........I hope. The Maker is God. The Deceiver is Satan. So Daehyun is the spawn of satan pretty much while Youngjae is the creation of God. This flashback takes place the very first time they meet. This just makes things wayyyy more interesting now. At least we know why Daehyun was born now. THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL!! Comments and subscribers are very welcome here. Spam my comment box. Thanks to those of you that have subscribed and voted up this story. I appreciate all of the support. Thank you!! ^_^