O

Guardian Angel

(Daehyun’s POV)

 

I awoke in the morning with a killer headache. I looked around and noticed that I was still at my cottage home. How long was I out for? How did I get in my bed? What happened last night?

A sudden reminder of what happened last night flashed through my mind. Youngjae and I had shared our first kiss, but it wasn’t really our first kiss. All of our memories of our former selves flooded through my brain in that instant when my lips met his.

Did Youngjae remember now as well? What would happen to us now? Where would this new found information leave us?

I looked up to find myself staring at a stranger that was standing in my doorway. She looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn’t think of her name at the moment.

The female stranger approached me with careful steps. She had a worried look on her face.

“Who are you?” I questioned.

“I’m Bom. I am a friend of Youngjae’s.” She replied sweetly.

“Oh. Did you bring me back here? How long have I been out for? Is Youngjae okay?” I mumbled quickly.

“Yes. I brought you back here. You’ve been out for almost two days now. Youngjae is fine. He’s still asleep though. I’ve been watching after you both when I can. I’m sorry I didn’t get to you both sooner.” She replied as she bowed her head.

“No. It’s fine. Thanks for saving us, I guess. You’re just like Jae, aren’t you? I remember you.” I said softly.

She merely nodded her head at me in response.

“I’ll take my leave now. You may see Youngjae now if you wish. Please don’t wake him though. If you interrupt his transformation it could….kill him.” Bom said as she looked away quickly.

“I understand. Thank you again for saving us. I hope we can meet again soon.” I replied.

Bom smiled at me before she took off.

I took this opportunity to go check up on Youngjae.

I walked to his room and stared at the sleeping boy before me. The glow that he once possessed was now gone, and his golden colored hair was now a dark brown. Is this the transformation that Bom was talking about?

Youngjae remained motionless in the bed. I could see small beads of sweat roll down his forehead. I gently wiped them away with a cloth before I sat down in the chair beside him.

I gently grabbed his hand and caressed it. I saw him twitch in his sleep but he still didn’t move.

“Jae, no matter what happens I’m never leaving your side ever again. Things will be different this time, I promise. I-I love you Jae.” I whispered as I planted a subtle kiss upon his forehead.

I took one last look at him before I quietly walked away.

 

My feet took me to the pond where Jae and I had once shared our first kiss. This was the fifth time Jae became my Guardian. Would things be different for us now or would they always end the same way?

Could Jae and I really change the future?

A sigh escaped my lips as I stared at the water. Did being a demon give me any advantages? What purpose do I really serve?

 

~Meanwhile in Heaven~

 

“There is only a few days left until the corruption takes Youngjae.” The first Archangel stated.

“Yes. Plus the fact that Daehyun will soon be discovering his powers. He will definitely be useful. We must be careful though. Once the Deceiver finds out about his sons powers he will try to manipulate Daehyun to join him.” The third Archangel spoke.

“We cannot allow that to happen. We must protect both Youngjae and Daehyun. They cannot be allowed to fall into the wrong hands. They are the ones to change the future.” The fourth Archangel replied.

“Is their changing the future for the better or for the worse? The future is constantly changing. It is hard to tell what will happen now.” The second Archangel said.

“One thing we know for sure now is that war will soon be upon us. Youngjae and Daehyun will have to take sides. There is no escaping that.” The first Archangel replied.

War would be approaching us all. Which side would we stand with?


A/N: Super short chapter this time. Wonder what powers Daehyun has? Should be interesting to see. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. I appreciate all of the love and support. Thank you all!! ^_^