N

Guardian Angel

~Flashback~

 

I looked around at the deserted playground. This was my first time here on Earth and I figured I might as well take in some of the sights.

Daehyun wasn’t too far from me because I could still feel his presence. I knew his secret. I knew what he was hiding. He exposed his demon side to me one day by accident. It was on the first day that we met. I don’t know what happened but I found myself laying on the floor with his hands wrapped around my throat. His eyes were a deep red and his sharp canines were begging to rip me to shreds.

When he came to his senses he quickly muttered apologies to me. I didn’t see much of him after that. I feel like he’s avoiding me. I decided to give him some space while I still secretly looked out for him. He was the human I had to protect after all.

I found myself sitting on a swing just staring at the ground. Would it help if I told Daehyun what I really am? The Archangels told me not to break the rules though, but sometimes rules are meant to be broken.

I heard footsteps approach me. I looked up to see a somber Daehyun headed towards me. He had his hands shoved in his pockets as he made careful steps towards me. He plopped down in the swing beside me and stared out into the emptiness.

“You look….different.” Daehyun stated.

“I feel different.” I replied.

I heard Daehyun let out a soft sigh before he turned to look at me. His dark eyes were full of worry and concern.

“There’s something I want to tell you.” I mumbled.

Daehyun just nodded slowly to me.

“I’m not…..human. I’m an angel. I was sent here to be your Guardian.” I said as I carefully bit my lip.

“I kind of figured that. So you’re the one my father mentioned then.” Daehyun sighed as he placed his head in his hands.

“I’m sorry.” I mumbled.

“Don’t be. This is my fault. I don’t want to do what my father says. I don’t want to help him.” Daehyun frowned.

“Then don’t help him. You can be a better person. I know you can.” I reassured him.

“Youngjae, I already helped my father without even knowing it. Look, I corrupted you.” He pointed to me.

“No you didn’t Daehyun. This corruption was of my own choosing. I know what I’m doing. You didn’t corrupt me. Please don’t blame yourself.” I said as I reached out to touch him.

That shocking sensation was back as I touched Daehyun’s arm. It looked like he was fighting a battle within himself as he furrowed his brows and rubbed his temples.

He raised his head to look at me and spoke softly, “will you…..stay with me?”

“Of course. I’m never leaving your side again.” I smiled at him.

“Youngjae…….I love you.” He whispered.

My heart stopped for a second as I heard what he said. My cheeks felt hot and my stomach started twisting in knots. This was a new feeling to me and I never wanted it to go away.

“I love you too, Daehyun.” I whispered back.

Daehyun cupped my chin in his hand as he pulled me closer to him. I could feel his hot breath on my face and I closed my eyes on instinct.

His lips felt soft on mine and it contained a hint of sweetness mixed with a bitter taste that I couldn’t quite define.

Before I could react to the kiss Daehyun had pulled away from me. His eyes flashed a deep shade of red before they went dark again.

“What a pair we make.” He chuckled.

I didn’t have time to respond before I found myself standing before the four Archangels on their respected thrones. They glared down at Daehyun and I before they spoke.

“Youngjae and Daehyun you have been summoned here because you have violated the rules. How do the both of you plead?” The third Archangel questioned.

“Guilty.” I mumbled as I bowed before them.

Daehyun stood tense beside me. He didn’t say a single word.

“Very well then. As punishment for the both of you, you will both have your memories erased of each other. The people you have encountered on Earth will also have their memories erased of you unless we deem otherwise.” The second Archangel stated.

“Are you sure this is wise?” The first Archangel chimed in.

“Yes. This is the only way to delay the war between Heaven and Hell. If we can keep Youngjae pure and uncorrupted then war will not break out. We will erase their memories and cleanse Youngjae of his impurities as many times as it takes. This is the only way.” The fourth Archangel spoke.

“It won’t work. We’ll just keep finding each other. Youngjae is my Guardian after all.” Daehyun sneered.

“We are well aware of the situation Daehyun. Our Maker was the one who bonded you two together after all. You two will be the ones that change the future for our worlds. No matter how many times Youngjae falls prey to the corruption we will always be there to strip him of it. We will do this as many times as it takes. This is in everyone’s best interest. We are trying to help the both of you as well as everyone else. Please don’t write us off just yet.” The third Archangel replied.

I stood there and absorbed every word. Daehyun and I were the ones that would change the future? Could we really change the future for the better or would it be for the worse?

Only time will tell.


A/N: Bit of a shorter chapter. I hope this chapter explains a bit more. This flashback takes place during the very first time that DaeJae meet. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Spam the comment box if ya want. Thanks to those of you that have subscribed, commented, and voted up this story. I love and appreciate all of the support. Thanks!! ^_^