E

Guardian Angel

(Daehyun’s POV)

Something had been off about Youngjae ever since he stormed out of the library two days ago. I think he might be sick or something. He’s been holed up, in his bed, for the past two days now.

I want to help him out but he kindly refuses my help. I just don’t know what to do and it kind of scares me.

 

Classes had just ended for the day and I found myself heading back to the dorm to check up on Youngjae.

I carefully knocked on the door before I walked in. Everything was just like I left it. The only difference was that Youngjae was now standing directly in front of me with a shocked look on his face.

“Dae..” He mumbled before he started to collapse to the floor.

I quickly reached out and grabbed him before he fell to the floor. His unconscious body kept steady in my embrace. I didn’t know what to do so I just held him in my arms and gently his hair.

Thankfully Yongguk walked in. He just stared at us with a confused look on his face.

“What happened?” He asked.

“I don’t really know. I came in to check on him and he passed out. Can you help me get him to the bed?” I replied.

Yongguk just nodded to me and approached us. He wrapped an arm around Youngjae and helped me carry him to the bed. We gently lay him on the bed. I pulled the covers over him and stared at him.

Something seemed different about him. He didn’t seem to have that bright glow that he once had. He still had that glow, but it wasn’t as bright as it usually was. Was he really that sick?

“Thanks for the help, Yongguk. I’ll see you later.” I whispered.

“Yeah. See you man.” He mumbled as he walked out the door.

I just sighed and pulled up a chair next to Youngjae’s bed.

 

It was early, in the morning, when Youngjae finally woke up. I felt him gently tap me on the shoulder. I yawned and looked up at him. His once dark golden eyes were now replaced with chocolate ones. It surprisingly fit him. Was this his real eye color? Did he wear colored contacts?

“You’re awake. That’s good.” I mumbled as I smiled at him.

“How did I get in my bed?” He questioned.

“Oh. Yongguk and I carried you to bed.” I said as I rubbed the back of my head nervously.

“Thank you.” Youngjae smiled.

“You’re welcome. I was so worried about you.” I mumbled.

Without thinking I pulled Youngjae into my embrace. I felt him tense up at my touch, but he soon relaxed. I felt him wrap his arms around me. The shocking sensation returned but neither of us paid it any mind.

“I’m sorry.” Youngjae whispered in my ear.

“For what?” I questioned.

“For making you worry. I’m sorry.” He mumbled into my neck.

I’m sure he could feel the pounding of my heart in my chest. It was beating wildly in my chest almost like it was trying to escape. How could Youngjae have this effect on me? Did he even feel the same way about me?

“No need to apologize. It happens. So how are you feeling?” I asked trying to change the subject.

Youngjae pulled away from our embrace and looked at me. His loving smile returned as he stared at me.

“I feel great actually. Much better than before.” He beamed.

“I’m glad. So uhh I was wondering…if uhh…” I blushed.

“Yes?”

“If you wanted to hang out with me tomorrow?” I said softly.

“Don’t we have classes tomorrow?” He questioned innocently.

“Yeah but I was thinking we could maybe skip them and go do something fun for a change.” I replied.

“Oh. Wait, isn’t it bad to skip classes though?”

“It is. That’s true but skipping one day won’t really hurt anything.” I chuckled.

“Oh. Okay. I will skip classes with you tomorrow then.” He said as he flashed a heartwarming smile at me.

Dang it Youngjae. What are you doing to me?

~Meanwhile in Heaven~

“Youngjae’s transformation has already started. It won’t be much longer now.” The third Archangel spoke.

“Does he still not have any idea of what will happen to them?” The fourth Archangel questioned.

“No. It will be even harder now to see his fate since he is slowly becoming corrupted by those humans. He has already broken one of our rules. We all know what will happen to him.” The first Archangel replied.

“Is there nothing we can do to help them? Surely we can do something.” The second Archangel chimed in.

“No. We cannot mess with the order of things. Their fates have already been decided. Youngjae is the first of us who has fallen prey to the humans corrupting ways.” The first Archangel replied.

“Yes, but we didn’t even tell him about what would happen to him.  Shouldn’t we have said something?” The fourth Archangel questioned.

“No. Telling someone their future is against the rules. We must obey all rules that are given to us.” The third Archangel stated.

“How much time do they have left?” The first Archangel asked.

“Two weeks left in human time. Youngjae is falling prey to the corruption and sin must faster than we thought.” The second Archangel replied.

All four of the Archangels sat upon their thrones discussing the fate of Youngjae.

Youngjae did not have Lady Luck on his side. He would soon fall prey to corruption and there was nothing he could do to stop it, for that was his predetermined fate.


A/N: So Youngjae only has two weeks left until the ultimate consequence takes place. I'm not going to spoil it and tell everyone what happens. Please be patient. This story will have 26 chapters since I'm going by the alphabet here. Haha. There WILL be a sequel to this story so please don't hate me too much when you read the ending. Comments and subscribers are very welcome here. Please spam me because I love to read and reply to the comments. Thanks to those of you that have voted up this story. I appreciate the support!! Thank you!! ^_^