F

Guardian Angel

Daehyun had invited me to skip classes and spend the day with him. Since I am his guardian I really couldn’t say no. I have to admit that being with Daehyun makes me happy. He is unlike any human I have seen before.

My body had a few visible changes to it now that I broke one of the rules. My eyes were now a chocolate color and the glow or aura I have has slightly dimmed.

 

Daehyun approached me with a warm smile on his face.

“You ready to go?” He asked me.

“Yes. Let’s go.” I replied.

 

We made our way to our now favorite coffee shop. The employees knew who we were by now and they always treated us kindly.

“The usual for you both, right?” Dara the waitress asked as she batted her eyelashes at Daehyun.

I suddenly felt an unfamiliar pang in my stomach watching Dara look strangely at Daehyun. Why was she looking at him like that? Why do I suddenly feel this pain in my chest?

I waited until Dara walked off before I spoke.

“Why was she looking at you like that?” I asked curiously.

“Like what?” Daehyun arched his brow.

“Like the way that couples do. Are you two a couple?” I hesitantly asked.

I don’t know why but I desperately wanted him to say ‘no’ to me.

“No. She is just a friend.” He mumbled.

“Oh. Do you like her then?”

“I like her as a friend. Why are we having this conversation?” Dae questioned.

“I just assumed that you two were a couple by the way she was looking at you.” I bit my lip.

“Well you shouldn’t judge someone before you get to know them.”

My eyes widened at what Daehyun had just said to me. It reminded me of what the Archangels had once said.

“Only God can judge them.” I muttered under my breath.

This was when the realization hit me. I had been wrong before to judge others especially Yongguk and Himchan. I wasn’t God and only he could judge us. I had been so blind to the teachings before but now I could fully understand what they actually meant.

I was snapped out of my trance when Daehyun waved his hand in front of my face.

“Y-yes?” I stuttered.

“Are you okay? You spaced out there for a few minutes.” Daehyun said worriedly.

“I’m fine. Sorry. I was just lost in thought.” I smiled at him.

“Oh. Okay.” Daehyun mumbled as he took a bite of his strawberry cheesecake.

We sat there in silence eating our meals. It wasn’t an awkward silence, but it was silence.

I observed quietly as Daehyun ate the last bite of his cheesecake. A small chuckle escaped my lips as I watched the expression on his face. Daehyun pouted once he realized he had finished off his beloved cheesecake.

“What’s so funny?” Daehyun asked with his mouth full.

“You look funny when you realize the last bite of cheesecake is gone.” I teased.

“I do not.” Daehyun pouted like a child.

Daehyun started to giggle once he realized how childish he was acting. I couldn’t help but laugh at him.

“So tell me about yourself.” I stated, trying to change the subject.

“Well I actually don’t know much about myself. Something happened a long time ago that caused me to lose my memory. I sometimes see fragments of my family like in picture form, but then everything else comes up blank.” Daehyun frowned.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you. I just wanted to get to know you more that’s all.” I smiled up at him.

“It’s fine. You know there is one image that constantly sticks in my mind. I see the backside of a tall guy with black hair. He’s hunkered over staring out at the ocean. I don’t know why but you kind of remind me of him.” Daehyun mumbled.

I just glanced at him curiously. Daehyun and I hadn’t met each other before, right? Surely I would have remembered him if we had met before, right?

~Meanwhile in Heaven~

“How is the progress coming with Youngjae and Daehyun?” The fourth Archangel questioned.

“It is as we expected. Daehyun is starting to regain his memories. Youngjae still has no clue about who Daehyun really is.” The third Archangel replied.

“Yes. Once these two remember then they will be the downfall of us all.” The second Archangel replied.

“Is it really bad for them to love?” The first Archangel chimed in.

“It is bad for their kind to love. It was an accident that was never meant to happen. We must keep order between all of us. We already know how this will end. Their love will eventually change the order of things. Their fate is inevitable.” The second Archangel spoke.

There was an eerie silence between the four Archangels until one of them finally spoke out.

“What about our Maker? Will he allow this?” The third Archangel asked.

“The Maker has given them the power of free will. He will step in for judgment when he needs to. We do not question the Maker’s actions.” The second Archangel replied.

The four Archangels nodded in agreement. They knew that their Maker would step in at just the right moment. Their Maker after all was a kind yet strict fatherly figure. He knew what was best for all of his creations.

The fate of both worlds had already been decided the moment Youngjae agreed to go to Earth, but that wasn’t his first time he had been to Earth….or was it?


A/N: The Maker is God himself in case nobody understood that. Keep in mind that Youngjae is still ignorant to the ways of humans so that's why he questions everything. Now things start to get interesting. Is Daehyun a human or is he something else? Opinions? Comments and subscribers are very welcome here. Please spam my comment box. Thanks to those of you that voted up this story. I appreciate the support. Thank you all!! ^_^