C

Guardian Angel

(Daehyun’s POV)

It had been a week since the new semester started, and a week since I had Youngjae as a roommate. He has been very nice and he always helps me out, but I can’t help but feel that there is something off about him.

I feel like he is hiding something from me. The weird thing is that we can’t even touch each other without ending up getting shocked. I honestly don’t know what to make of that but it’s pretty creepy.

Another creepy thing is that Youngjae and I have all of the same classes together. He is always trying to get as close to me as possible, and I can’t help but wonder if he’s attracted to me.

I find Youngjae to be very beautiful. He is almost angelic like. His pale skin is perfectly flawless. Not a blemish or scar is anywhere on the visible parts of his body. His brown eyes are doe like and he has light blonde hair that looks like it’s been touched by the sun. There also seems to be this glow about him and everywhere he walks it just gives off this sense of calmness and protection.

 

It was the last class of the day for me, and I glanced over to Youngjae who was sitting beside me. The way the sunlight hit him made him look like an angel. I swear I saw a glint in his eye as he continued to stare at the front of the room. He shuffled in his seat a little before he turned to look at me. That sweet and innocent smile was plastered on his face. I blushed a little before I turned away quickly.

My cheeks felt like they were on fire and I just wanted to escape this class as soon as possible.

Luckily, the teacher ended the lesson early and I darted out of the room leaving behind a stunned Youngjae.

I made my way down the hall as fast as I could but I saw Himchan approach me.

“Hey. Woah! What’s the hurry?” He asked as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

“It’s n-nothing.” I stuttered.

Luck didn’t seem to be on my side anymore because Youngjae quickly caught up to the both of us. He glared at Himchan with a frown on his face.

“What’s going on here?” Youngjae asked.

“Nothing. We were just talking.” I replied.

“Why is his arm around you then?” Youngjae asked as he looked at us curiously.

“It’s a thing that friends do.” Himchan chimed in.

“Really?” Youngjae asked as his eyes seemed to gleam.

“Yeah. Sure.” Himchan said sarcastically.

“Are we friends Daehyun?” Youngjae asked innocently.

“Uhh….” I mumbled.

Before anybody could say anything else I took off running down the hall. I didn’t care where my feet took me just as long as it was far away from the school.

My heart was pounding like a drum in my chest. It didn’t help that Youngjae was the cause of it all either. To be honest, I had never been in a relationship before. I never had time for one. I was that nerdy kid in school that would study for a test that was two weeks in advance. Relationships were the last thing on my mind.

Why was everything so different with Youngjae though? Why is he so different? Why does my heart try to jump out of my chest every-time he is near me? Why can’t we touch each other without shocking ourselves?

 

My feet led me to a nearby coffee shop. I opened the light green door and walked inside. The aroma of different drinks filled my nostrils. I inhaled the scent and sighed.

The walls were a cream color and the seats were made of a dark wood with matching tables. At the counter were all kinds of desserts that you could think of. I my lips as I spotted a few slices of cheesecake.

“Can I help you?” A teenage girl at the counter asked.

“Sorry. I’ll have a slice of that cheesecake and a Caramel Macchiato.” I replied.

The girl nodded and I handed her the money. She handed me my order and I walked over to a seat by the window.

I took a bite of my cheesecake and smiled. It seemed to melt in my mouth. I was just about to take another bite until I heard the other seat at my table drag across the floor.

I looked up to see a smiling Youngjae sitting right in front of me.

“Hello.” He said.

“Hi.” I replied.

“What is that food you’re eating?” He asked in a curious tone.

“It’s cheesecake. Haven’t you had any before?”

“No.” He said as he shook his head.

My mouth dropped at his confession. Who hasn’t had this delicious treat before?

“Would you like to try some?” I asked nervously.

“Yes.” Youngjae beamed.

I scooped up a small bite of cheesecake onto my fork and smiled.

“Open up your mouth.” I mumbled.

Youngjae parted his lips, and I slid the cheesecake in his mouth.

“You can close your mouth now.” I chuckled.

Youngjae giggled and closed his mouth. I watched as his eyes grew wide while he chewed the bite of cheesecake.

“Do you like it?” I asked as Youngjae swallowed the cheesecake.

“Yes. Can I have some more?” He spoke innocently.

“Sure. Let me get you a fork.” I replied.

I walked back over to the counter and asked the girl from earlier for another fork. She smiled at me and handed me one.

I walked back over to Youngjae and handed him the fork before I sat down.

We ate the rest of the cheesecake in silence. I chuckled a little when I saw that Youngjae had some cream near his lip. I gently wiped it off with my thumb before it off. He just stared at me with wide and innocent eyes.

“You had a bit of cream near your lip.” I mumbled.

“Oh. Thank you.” He giggled.

I just smiled at him. I loved listening to him laugh. It sounded like the tinkling of bells. It was a very beautiful sound.

“How did you know where I was?” I asked trying to change the subject.

“I always know where you are.” Youngjae said sweetly.

I would have been creeped out by his response, but hearing him say that made me feel very calm and safe.

“Oh.” I replied.

“Thank you for the food. Being here with you was….nice. I enjoyed your company.” Youngjae smiled.

“You’re welcome. I enjoyed being here with you too. We should do this again sometime.” I stated.

Youngjae just smiled innocently at me.

Did we just have an impromptu date together, and did I just say that we would have another one?


A/N: So DaeJae just had a date....sort of. Keep in mind that Youngjae is ignorant to the ways of humans. That plays a key part in this story. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have voted up this story. Thanks so much for all of the support!! Thank you!! ^_^