U

Guardian Angel

(Daehyun’s POV)

 

“Why don’t we all go hang out today? Like a group date or something?” Himchan beamed.

Jae, me, Zelo, Himchan, Yongguk, Jongup, and Bom all stood around in my dorm-room.  Classes were cancelled for the day since it was a holiday and none of us knew what to do.

“We could go to the mall.” Bom chimed in.

“Or the skatepark!” Zelo said happily.

“The dance studio!” Jongup exclaimed.

“I vote sleeping all day.” Yongguk mumbled as he stifled a yawn.

“Gukkie, don’t be such a party pooper. It’s been forever since all of us hung out together.” Himchan replied.

“I have an idea.” Jae spoke up.

We all turned to look at him. He had a sly grin on his face.

“Well what is it, Jae?” Himchan asked impatiently.

“Ice skating.” Jae happily exclaimed.

“Ooooh. That sounds like fun. Good choice, Jae.” Bom cooed.

“Yeah! Nice one Jae. Well I’m up for it.” Zelo said.

“Me too.” Jongup stated.

“Me three!” Himchan chimed as he nudged Yongguk in the ribs.

“Yeah. Same here.” Yongguk mumbled.

“Well if Jae is going then so am I.” I replied.

Jae just shot me a quick glance and I could see the slightest tint of pink on his cheeks. How can one person be so cute and adorable all the time?

We had all agreed to go ice skating and now we were getting ready to try it out.

First time for everything, right?

 

~Flashback~

 

I caught sight of Youngjae talking to a girl that I had never seen before. I don’t know why but seeing them together made me feel a little jealous.

I huffed a little before I stomped over to where they were. Neither of them seemed to notice my presence until I loudly cleared my throat.

The girl that Jae was with just smiled sweetly at me. She had this certain charm and innocence about her that I couldn’t quite define.

Jae just looked at me and blinked several times before he spoke up.

“Bom, this is my friend Daehyun. Daehyun this is my friend, Bom.” Youngjae gestured to the both of us.

Bom reached out to shake my hand and I hesitantly shook it. She just continued to smile at me even after our hands had lost contact.

I found myself glaring at her. She just gave me a confused look before she chuckled a little and shook her head.

Bom whispered something in Youngjae’s ear and I watched as his face became red. She pulled away from him and giggled before she looked back at me.

I wondered what she could have said to make Youngjae get embarrassed like that.

“I have to go now, but it was nice meeting you Daehyun. I hope we will see each other again.” Bom said sweetly before she departed.

As soon as Bom left I shot Jae a questioning look. He returned the look with a sheepish smile.

“Who is she?” I asked as I glared at him.

“She is the Angel of Love.” Jae replied.

“Oh. What’s she doing here then?” I questioned as I folded my arms across my chest.

“She’s guarding a guy named Minho. She just came by to check on me. What’s with all of the questions?” Jae cocked an eyebrow at me.

“Nothing. It’s nothing. So you’re friends with cupid then?” I joked.

“Yeah. Pretty much except she doesn’t dress up in a diaper or shoot love arrows at people. She doesn’t manipulate people or force them to fall in love. She just pushes them in the right direction.”

“Sounds like a useful friend to have around then.” I frowned.

“Yeah. I suppose so. Are you feeling okay Dae? You’re acting very strange.”

“Oh I’m just peachy.” I mumbled under my breath.

“Wait, are you jealous Dae?” Jae asked.

“N-no.” I stuttered as I bit my lip.

Jae had a smug grin on his face as he inched closer towards me.

“You shouldn’t be jealous Dae. I’m yours and only yours.” Jae said softly.

“Yeah right. How do you know she didn’t put some magic spell on us?” I mumbled.

“It’s forbidden for angels to use their powers on other angels.” Jae shrugged.

Jae kept moving closer to me until I could feel his breath on my face. My breath hitched in my throat and I soon felt his soft lips carefully pressed against mine.

If this is what Heaven felt like then bring on Hell. I would welcome them both with open arms.


A/N: Phew! I have a very busy weekend. This chapter will be broken up into two parts, hence the shortness of this chapter. This story is drawing to a close, but there will be a sequel so please be patient for that. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. I appreiate all of the support. Thank you!! ^_^