G

Guardian Angel

(Daehyun’s POV)

Now I know that something is up. Another week had passed and I noticed that Youngjae was now hanging out with Yongguk and Himchan like they had been friends forever. I thought he hated them and here he was sitting in their room with me talking to Yongguk about some sports team.

I’ve never been the jealous type, but I couldn’t help to think that there was something more going on here.

“Dae, you okay man? You’re zoning out on us.” Yongguk said as he stared at me.

I watched as Youngjae turned to look at me with a worried expression. Why do I keep feeling like this around him?

“Yeah. I’m going for a walk. I need to clear my head for a bit.” I mumbled.

I walked out the door without giving the others a chance to respond. What’s wrong with me lately? Ever since Youngjae walked into my life I’ve been getting these weird feelings and every-time he touches me I get these shocks and then I started to remember things from my past.

Last night I had a dream. I dreamt of a man with black wings and dark brown hair. I never saw his face but I could tell that he wore a hurt expression.

Was this a dream or was it a memory from my past? It was hard to tell. The dream seemed so real though. I remember staring at the backside of the man and trying to reach out to him, but before I could touch him he vanished into thin air leaving me behind.

What could this dream mean? Why is it so difficult to remember my past?

 

My feet took me to a local park, and I planted myself on the nearest bench. I watched some children playing with each other. It looked like they were playing tag. I laughed quietly to myself as I watched them. Children always seemed so innocent and care-free. I wondered if my life was like that?

I shook my head at the thoughts when I felt someone sit down beside me. I turned my head to find Youngjae sitting beside me. His doe eyes were sparkling as he admired the children playing. A warm smile touched his face.

“Children are very precious. They are so full of love and innocence.” He said softly as he turned to look at me.

“Yeah. They are.” I mumbled.

“What’s wrong?” He questioned.

“It’s nothing, really. Just have a lot on my mind.” I stated.

“I understand. I won’t force you to talk about it if you don’t want to.” Youngjae said as he smiled at me.

“Thank you.” I returned the smile.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes just admiring the children playing.

I felt Youngjae place his hand on mine and that spark instantly ran through my body. I shot my head towards him and gasped.

A fragment of a memory flashed in my mind.

In the memory I saw Youngjae crying out to me. Tears were streaming down his face and his golden blonde hair had been replaced with dark brown locks. His golden eyes were a chocolate brown and it looked as if it was raining.

I started to rapidly blink until the current view came back into focus. Youngjae retracted his hand and looked at me with concern.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

“I don’t know. Jae, have we met before?” I whispered.

“No. I don’t think we have. I’m pretty sure I would remember you if we had.” He stated.

I just nodded at him. That memory had seemed so real to me. It felt like I could feel Youngjae’s pain and hurt as I focused on the memory. Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me.

~Flashback~

“Jae we can’t do this anymore. You have to leave. They will come for you and you can’t disobey them again.” I choked out.

“I don’t care. Let them come. I love you. I’m not leaving your side. Ever.” Youngjae firmly stated.

His eyes were filled with tears. We both knew that our end was coming. This was our fate, and we couldn’t change it no matter how hard we tried.

“I know you won’t. For an angel you’re pretty stubborn.” I teased.

“I’m not an angel anymore. Remember? I’m far too corrupted now.” Youngjae mumbled.

“That’s not true. You’re still my angel. I will love you forever. You have terrible taste in guys by the way.” I chuckled.

“I know. You think you know a guy and then he turns out to be your enemy. I can’t believe I fell in love with a bad boy. There must be something wrong with me.” Youngjae teased.

I just rolled my eyes at him before I pulled him in for a kiss. This was probably our very last kiss so I put as much passion and love behind it as I could.

I wrapped my arms around Youngjae and held him tightly.

“I love you. No matter what happens always remember that. We will always find our way back to each other. We are destined to be together, and nothing could ever tear us apart.” I whispered in his ear.

Before Youngjae could say anything the four Archangels approached us. With a snap of their fingers we were transported to a room full of blinding white light.

I hissed at the purity of this place. It was far too holy for someone of my kind.

“Youngjae and Daehyun you have been summoned here to receive your judgment. All judgment is absolute and will be effective immediately.” The second Archangel spoke.

~End Flashback~

I shifted on the bench and continued to look at Youngjae. He was gazing at something far off in the distance.

I suddenly began to wonder if he thought of me as much as I thought of him.

That would be a question to ask on another day though.


A/N:  This will be my last update for a bit. I have family visiting for the holidays, and I have no clue how long they'll be staying. Now we're getting somewhere. Finally the flashbacks have started. Any guesses on what Daehyun really is?? Comments and subscribers are very welcome here. Feel free to spam me. I enjoy it. Thanks to those of you that voted up this story. I appreciate all of the support!! Thank you!! ^_^