A

Guardian Angel

I glided around Heaven’s gates with a sense of calm washing over me. My life was simple and perfect. A melodic tune played in my ears as I passed by the pearly gates.

My body floated towards the fountain that I frequently visited. Angels like me sat on the ledge of the fountain playing their harps. Everything was so calming and it was filled with happiness.

I quickly joined my fellow angels and sat down on the fountains ledge. I let my hand glaze over the water that was flowing from the fountain. The warm water felt good on my skin as I dipped my fingers in and out of it. Heaven was a place of purity, calmness, and happiness.

A female angel with long dark brown hair approached me. She smiled sweetly at me as she fluttered her wings. Her wings were white like mine and they glowed an ember color. She had this glow about her that would blind a human. Her dark brown eyes smiled at me.

“Youngjae. There you are. You’ve been summoned.” The female angel smiled at me.

“You mean they finally want to send me out, Bom?” I asked as I smiled back at her.

“I believe so, yes. Come. Let’s go see.” She said politely as she extended her hand towards me.

I took her hand and stretched out my dazzling white wings. We smiled at each other before lifting ourselves into the air.

We floated high above mansions and crystal clear rivers. Patches of clouds floated around us in the sky.

A large white building came into our view as we flied down to the sidewalk in front of it. This building was home to the Archangels.

The Archangels are the highest order of angels. They are the ones who assign us to our own human. Every angel is in charge of protecting a human until their appointed time to die happens.

This will be the first time I’ve been made a Guardian Angel. It will be my first time protecting a human.

“Don’t be nervous. You will do just fine.” Bom reassured me as she squeezed my hand.

“I’m not nervous at all. I’m more curious than anything. How many humans have you guarded Bom?” I asked.

“Only three. I hope I get another one soon.” She exclaimed.

I laughed at her reaction. She was my only true friend here in Heaven. I’ve always felt like a sort of outcast here. Time does not exist in Heaven so I don’t really know how long I’ve lived here.

I was the last angel to be created by God himself. Maybe that’s why I feel like an outcast around here. None of the angels understand me except for Bom. Maybe guarding a human will finally give me some purpose in my life.

“I hope you do as well.” I smiled.

We approached a set of large golden double doors. I gently pushed them open only to have a blinding white light stare back at me. My eyes quickly adjusted to the light and I found myself standing in the middle of a room with the four Archangels sitting high above me on their thrones.

“Youngjae, you have been summoned here to become a Guardian to one of the humans. The human you will be guarding is named Jung Daehyun. He currently resides in Seoul, South Korea and he is a college student there. We have already prepared everything you need. Before you leave there are some rules that you must follow at all costs.” The first Archangel spoke.

1.          Do not reveal your true identity to anyone including the human you are assigned to.

2.         Do not reveal the existence of our kind to anyone including the human you are assigned to.

3.         Do not try to contact any of us once you reach Earth. We will be the ones contacting you.

4.        Do not reveal the future to anyone including the human you are assigned to.

5.         Do not attack a human including the one you are assigned to.

6.        Protect your human at all costs.

7.         Do not under any circumstances have any romantic involvement with anyone including the human you are assigned to.

 

“Failure to follow these rules will result in permanent consequences.” The second Archangel spoke.

“What kinds of consequences?” I innocently questioned.

“If you break one of the said rules then you will be considered an outcast to all of us. You will be marked as a traitor and stripped of your title. You will then be considered a Fallen Angel and will be forced to live out your life on Earth. If you fall prey to sin while guarding your human then there will be obvious physical signs. We are not allowed to tell you more than that.” The third Archangel spoke.

I just nodded my head and tried to absorb all of the information they gave me. It was a lot to take in but I think I understood everything they told me.

“I understand. I am ready to leave now.” I replied.

“Good. Do not break the rules or face the consequences of your actions. Good luck, Youngjae.” The first Archangel spoke.

I turned to Bom and saw her smiling at me.

“You will do great, Youngjae. Have faith.” She chuckled.

I laughed at her and nodded. It was now or never.

A blinding white light swallowed me up and then I saw nothing but darkness.

 

“Do you think he knows what will happen to him?” The fourth Archangel questioned.

“No. If he did then he wouldn’t have agreed to guard that human.” The first Archangel spoke.

“Youngjae is the first one this has happened to. Shouldn’t we have told him what would happen to him?” The second Archangel questioned.

“No. We cannot change or alter the future. It is against the rules. He must accept the consequences.” The first Archangel spoke.

A saddened Bom stood nearby watching the Archangels talk about Youngjae. She too knew the fate of her beloved friend.

“I am so sorry, Youngjae.” She sobbed.

They say that every-time an angel weeps then on Earth it rains.


A/N: First chapter is a go!! WOOOO!! The rest of B.A.P will be introduced in the next chapter. I hope you all like it so far. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thank you!! ^_^