Chapter Two: Salmaria

Kingdom Era: Journey to the Land of Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter two

Salmaria

 

            The sun shone bright as always in the land of eternal summer. A little filia(princess) was enjoying the pleasant heat as she laid comfortably in an outdoor lounge near the crystal clear beach

            The whole surrounding was a tropical paradise. The calm Shou Ocean beckoned any one to rest or even to take a dip into its friendly waters. Coconut trees provided shade while the picturesque landscape alone was enough to soothe a wounded soul. The young princess continued her restful afternoon under the royal canopy constructed by the servants.

            The cool breeze eased the pleasant hotness once in a while. Beneath the yellow canopy the princess was sipping ice cold lemonade paired with a luscious dessert called mango float. She ate calmly as she read her agenda for the following day. 

            “Tea with the filia (princess) of Spruxia, a date with the filia of Arachnides, attending the lavender ball of the filia of Velvereaux…” the list went on. The princess sighed, today was the only day she could enjoy herself. Being a princess was hard! But being a crown princess was harder as the Corona Reginae, she had a lot of responsibilities. Attending parties was only one of those. She had lessons to attend and a festival for her mater (mother) to prepare. The reginam(queen) wasn’t picky but she was!

            On top of all of this there was the war with the regnum Naris and Erraius and Rysia and most recently added to the list Shou! It’s not that they love war it’s just that her mater was such an activist that she couldn’t help but meddle in especially if the rights of women were involved. The reginam was a jolly and kind hearted woman but there was nothing she hated more than men. She went to tedious heights just to instill this hatred upon her children and she would go to any battle as long as the enemy was men! She on the other hand hated them and their regnorum for the obvious fact that she had to spend the last ounce of her time joining the army in coming up battle plans. She would rather spend the entire day looking at the calm Shou Ocean than spend it with her mother’s war freak generals! It didn’t help to that her fiancé was also a war freak. The Filia of Arachnides was extremely annoying at times.

            In a world where women are for women and men are for men she wished she was born somewhere else! How she wished that she was a citizen of Winaris instead! She always wanted to know what men were like, though she saw them a couple of times, she was sure they would be different. The only men she saw were scary delinquent looking warriors who would start a weird chant dance before battle (men of Naris would dance to ward off the evil aura of women). They were kind of funny though, they would scream their lungs out whenever their army would send their marionettes (robots) to fight them and also when they see their generals in their suits of armor. Their armor was an impenetrable material made to cling to their body figures while their heads were covered with masks and big headdresses; they would were metal gloves that have sharp claws to protect their nails.

            It was the same with other armors of the regnorum of Celaria except they tend to customize each design. Salmaria’s trademark was the huge cone shaped headdress made with tiny metal chains complete with a white mask.

            She sat up and stared at the beach she was making up her mind whether to swim or not. Her handmaid approached her and asked her if she would take a quick dip.

            “I think I will Hyomin” she replied as she untied her blonde hair. She wore a cute two piece bathing suit color yellow of course.

            She was happily swimming when she saw the giant cloud devastating the other side of the island. She was annoyed. She spotted the royal herald who was panting heavily when she reached her. Thunder’s roared and lightning flashed.

            “Your… high…ness… filia Sunny… you are needed at the great hall…..” she said.

            She eyed the monstrous storm then angrily grabbed her sundress and immediately proceeded to the vicinity of the storm.

            At the wave of her hand summer blooms circled her and she flew up in the air heading straight for the storm. She sent a gentle breeze towards the eye within seconds the storm clouds vanished and yellow petals fell beautifully from the sky. She turned around and saw the culprits of the storm her two siblings cowering in fear. She stared at them with her tongue touching the inner sides of her cheeks indicating that she was angry, to others who didn’t know this she looked like the cutest thing you have ever seen.

            “Giyeom and Miyeom how many times do I have to tell you, that you can’t practice the violet storm until you’ve MASTERED the basics of Tornado BREWING!” she bellowed at the two.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter