Chapter 31: Battle of Heiyan Bay

Kingdom Era: Journey to the Land of Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wanted to update faster but I have work now so it's sorta hard to balance my time. This is a little bit short on words since I was aiming for a 7k word update but anyway here is the first part of a chapter that is supposed to be super long! I hope you guys like it. To all my silent readers out there I just hope you guys would comment so I would know if I'm doing well or not. To my loyal commentors I love your long comments, tell me what your fave part of the update is. Sorry not that much Akame moment but hey I managed to slip in Taenggo! 

 

Chapter 31

Battle of Heiyan Bay

 

Rysian Warship, Heiyan Bay

            The Rysian flagship Suzaku was running full throttle going north. All the warships were heading to Schatten, Heirus for the Assembly of the royals of Archaneaux. From where Suzaku was at as of the moment Schatten was still 2416 nautical miles away the voyage was taking much longer than what was anticipated due to the Northwest Rysian wind coming from the Rysian Ocean, the high velocity winds was making the waters in Heiyan Bay treacherous to all sea farers.

            The kings were currently lodging around the massive admiral bridge of Suzaku which served as both the throne room and the royal saloon for the royals. Suzaku’s main bridge which rose to three stories with the admiral bridge at the highest level overlooking the two lower bridges. The throne area was located on a raised level with the king’s throne at the center and two smaller thrones on its sides. Below the raised throne room was a large circular table designed to be for the generals of the Rysian naval fleet but ended up becoming the hangout area of the Paleo members. Below the admiral’s bridge was the cockpit and the command center. A new circular table was built in the cockpit area where the generals could sit in. At the lowest level was the navigation bridge which was the largest of the three, this was where the rest of the main crew managed Suzaku as well as the rest of the warships.

            King Jin was the latest addition to the kings lodging around in the admiral’s bridge. They were currently playing a game of cards while king Masuda was sitting on his throne just watching his bickering Paleo members. King Nakamaru was whining because King Jin was obviously besting him in the game while King Ninomiya was scolding King Nakamaru for wiping his saliva on the cards.

            After another round of cards King Nakamaru gave up trying to win against King Jin and sulked in one corner.

            “You should have just stayed in Enri.” King Nakamaru grumbled.

            “Stop being such a sore loser Monkey.” King Jin replied.

            “I’m never playing cards with you again Nakamaru!” King Ninomiya said in frustration after applying alcohol on his hands. The kings finally stopped bickering and ended up talking casually while looking over the map of the Heiyan bay.

            “Seriously Masu why is it that we are taking so long to reach Heirus?” King Nakamaru asked King Masuda who decided to join the king in the round table.

            “Why don’t you ask Nino water is his element.” King Masuda replied.

            “There is a storm brewing in the Rysian Ocean and that is causing the current to be erratic.” King Ninomiya replied while looking at the map and the location of the warships.

            King Jin kept mum as he looked over the map in front of him. The King of Enri’s mind was flying about wondering why the King of Erraius was not with them. Back in the days when he and Kazuya were still together they were almost inseparable but that was before. King Jin had never expected to be happy being with his former friends but look at him now happily bickering with his longtime friend King Nakamaru over who was more handsome. Deep down inside him the King of Enri had hope that maybe just maybe King Kazuya still had feelings for him. The last time he saw Kazuya was during his arrival the King of Erraius was nowhere to be seen since then and it sort of ticked him off. The King of Enri was actually looking forward to seeing his former lover. But in the two days since he had been in Suzaku Kazuya hadn’t shown his face to them.

            “Someone’s missing somebody.” King Nakamaru teasingly pointed out when he saw the King of Enri’s agitated face.

            “What are you talking about monkey?” King Jin said defensively while trying to act busily. King Ninomiya and King Nakamaru ended up laughing after seeing Jin’s reaction.

            “Kazuya excused himself saying he is busy with something. What that something is I have no idea.” King Masuda stated to King Jin after sensing the agitation on the King of Enri’s face since the two kings were too busy laughing to notice King Jin’s expression.

            “Oh man here I am thinking you have gotten over earth brain!” King Nakamaru said with tears streaming from his eyes from laughing. King Ninomiya was hitting the table with his hands while laughing and King Masuda was having a hard time keeping a straight face.

            “You’re still head over heels for him!” King Nakamaru added before falling off his chair.

            “Some friends you are!” King Jin said in annoyance before standing up and walking out of the admiral’s bridge while the kings ended up hollering in laughter. But before King Jin managed to get out of the admiral’s bridge the whole warship ended up shaking violently and red lights started flashing. King Jin ended up falling down while King Ninomiya accidentally hit his head on the table. King Nakamaru slammed on to the concrete balcony of the overlook of the admiral’s bridge. King Masuda managed to get hold of the built in table so he didn’t fall off his seat. The ship swayed heavily to the left causing everything to abruptly move to the left.

            “What the heck!!!” King Nakamaru exclaimed in pain as he rubbed his arching shoulder which slammed on the concrete balcony.

            “Code red! Code red we are under attack. 5 torpedoes are currently heading towards us! All hands on deck!!!” the kings could hear through the speaker as the command center tried to take control of the situation.

            “What?!” King Masuda asked as he scrambled to his throne. The rest of the kings also rushed to get themselves up and headed out of the rooms to get to their respective battleships except for King Jin who seated himself to the left of King Masuda.

            “Get me the full report on the matter!” King Masuda commanded with a booming voice. The communication lines opened between the different warships. King Nakamaru and king Ninomiya’s face appeared on the screen left of King Masuda.

            “An identified massive fleet is heading towards us.” The admiral of the Rysian fleet informed King Masuda.

            “Who would attack us?!” King Jin asked.

            “Isn’t it obvious who else is our enemy? Nino guard the waters surrounding the fleet we cannot be thrown off balance!” King Masuda commanded to King Ninomiya who ordered his men to do just that.

            At the edge of the horizon the kings could see the massive fleet heading their way. Consort Tegoshi rushed to the main deck and managed to sit himself at the right of king Masuda before the caught glimpse of an oxford blue and silver flag with the flower edelweiss at its left.

            “Oh s***!!” King Ninomiya swore as he saw the flag of the regnum he feared.

            “Clairevane…” King Masuda said in a voice mixed with confusion and terror.

            “Why the heck Clairevane attacking us?!!” King Nakamaru breathe out in annoyance.

            “Prepare our defenses we will face them head on! Nino prepare your men show them that we are not scared of them!” King Masuda ordered. Consort Tegoshi gave his hand a tight squeeze causing him to look to his left.

            “They attacked first they started this battle not us we are merely defending ourselves.” King Masuda told his worried partner as he saw the worry in the Consort’s eyes.

            “What is their problem?” King Jin asked as he looked at the approaching colossal fleet then exclaimed. “Man that’s one huge fleet!”

            “Deflect those torpedoes at once!!” King Masuda thundered when he spotted the 5 missiles heading straight towards the Paleo.

            “All hands on deck!! All hands on deck!!”

            “Portside destroyers prepare to block those torpedoes! Do not let them reach the flagships!” the Rysian admiral of the fleet ordered.

            King Masuda’s eyes were on the monitor to his left where he could see 5 red blinking dots heading straight towards the fleet of the Paleo.

            “S*** Masu those are high destruction torpedoes!!!” King Nakamaru shouted in panic upon identifying the type of torpedoes heading towards them.

            “How severe?” King Masuda asked his fleet admiral.

            “Just one of those bad boys could sink a battleship!” King Nakamaru shouted.

            “Nino what the heck are you doing?! Send your waves to destroy those torpedoes!” King Nakamaru barked at King Ninomiya who was still in shock mode.

            “Where the heck is Aone when you need them?!” King Jin said while watching the nearing red dots. King Ninomiya’s men rushed to the main deck after he snapped out of his shock.

            The red dots were nearing and King Nakamaru was freaking out.

            “Brace yourself for impact!” King Masuda ordered.

            “1…2…3.” King Jin counted as his hold on his armrest tightened just then massive earthen structures erupted from the sea floor and grabbed the five torpedoes in an instant. It hurled the torpedoes in the sky detonating each torpedo simultaneously. Huge shock waves rattled the ships showing just how powerful those torpedoes were. And King Kazuya’s grave face appeared on the monitor.

            “Kazuya I love you!!!!” King Nakamaru shouted for joy upon realizing that they were safe.

            “Kazuya where did you learn to do that?!” King Jin burst out.

            “Kazuya back your ships a little we will let Nino…” King Masuda instructed but was cut-off when 7 missiles were fired from the Errusian battleship Atlas it was heading straight towards the Clairevanian fleet.

            “What the heck are you doing KAZUYA?!!!!” King Masuda shouted in surprise.

            “Don’t interfere! Tell you men to back-off! This battle is ours!” King Kazuya told the Paleo members shocking them.

            “Admiral full speed ahead meet them head on! Inoo help Jessica in the main deck take them down at all cost!!!!” King Kazuya ordered.

            “What the hell?!! Kazuya are you NUTS?!!” the paleo members asked in shock as they saw the Atlas in full speed towards the approaching Clairevanian fleet.

            “Just don’t interfere and stand back this is not your war but ours! This battle is between Erraius and Clairevane!!” King Kazuya shouted back before his face disappeared from the screen.

           

            The paleo members could only look on with mouth agape as one massive battle erupted between Errusian fleet and the Clairevanian fleet. King Masuda and King Jin were at the edge of their seats while King Ninomiya was screaming “Where the hell did Kazuya get a water master as powerful as that?!!!”

            King Nakamaru was speechless as they stared at the water attacks that was being hurled from the Errusian flagship Atlas from the main deck.

 

Atlas, Errusian Fleet

            “How could she? She went through with the plan even though I threatened her to never return?” Jessica thought to herself as she heard of the news of the approaching fleet coming in from the north. She knew of course that it was the Clairevanian fleet even before she saw the blue and silver flag. She heard their thoughts from a mile away. She never felt this betrayed in her entire life and worst from her own mother. She stood up and prepared herself for war.

            “What are you doing?” Inoo asked in alarm. King Kazuya looked to her direction as well.

            “If it’s a war she wants it’s a war she will get!” She said before making her way out of the admiral’s bridge and towards the main deck. Inoo rushed to follow her.

           

            The Errusian fleet has been preparing for this situation for days. They anticipated this reaction and Consort Koki already had an escape pod ready in case the whole fleet falls.

            “We will fight with everything we’ve got!” King Kazuya’s commanded to his men and they all agreed.

            There were no way that they will give up Jessica they will fight for her with all they’ve got.

            The heated exchange of blows continued between both fleets. Jessica was giving it her all hurling not stop massive waves towards fleet while the Errusian earth masters and Inoo were pulling down some of the ships of Clairevane. Clairevane on the other hand had supreme arsenal at their exposal and were firing it non-stop towards the Errusian fleet.

 

Erable, Valtareau

            News of the battle going on in Heiyan Bay between Erraius and Clairevane reached Erable. The High Queen was beyond shock.

            “She went through with the plan?!!!!” Boa could hear her daughter Taeyeon shouting out in anger. Taeyeon had been informed of the situation and had understood the position that the king of Erraius was in.

            Queen Yukie had lost her mind. That was what her daughter was thinking. The High Queen tried to open communication with the Errusian fleet but had been declined for the 10th time.

            “Contact Nieves!” Boa commanded as she paced back and forth in the command room. Taeyeon stood up causing her mother to look at her.

            “Where are you going?” Boa asked her.

            “I’m heading towards the bay. I need to be there in case something unthinkable happens.”

Flashback

            Queen Yukie would not listen even though the High Queen has already explained to her what was happening. The Queen of Clairevane has shut her mind off any reasonable explanation and had brought up the past in her anger.

            “I will not let her do to Yuri what you did to me!!!” Queen Yukie shouted at Boa.

            “Good grief Yukie this isn’t like that?!” The High Queen tried to reason. “Jessica will kill herself if we take her away from Inoo! King Kazuya knows that that’s why he agreed!”

            “Lies! Filthy Lies! My daughter will never fall in love with a man!” Queen Yukie shouted in anger.

            “Lies? All the things that have happened and Jessica’s actions prove that those aren’t lies aunt Yukie.” Taeyeon told the enraged queen.

            “You have no right to interfere in this matter!” Queen Yukie shouted at Taeyeon shocking everyone in the Valtareauan throne room.

            “If you hadn’t brought my daughter to that forest this wouldn’t have happened! But what did I expect from you a child of sin!” Queen Yukie added earning not just gasps but death glares from the Valtareauan nobles.

            “Shut up YUKIE!! Don’t you dare blame my daughter for my mistake!!” The High Queen shouted back with the same vehemence.

            “So that’s how it is. All this time you have just been playing nice in my face.” Taeyeon said gravely up the air in the whole room in dead silence.

            “Yes it was YOUR FAULT!!!” Queen Yukie exclaimed causing the High Queen to stand abruptly in anger.

            “YUKIE!!!”

            “No mother there is nothin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter