Chapter Three: Naris

Kingdom Era: Journey to the Land of Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three

Naris

           

The royals were bowing as he entered the lavish hall. The nobles of Naris don on their best garments for the corona principem (crown prince) Hikaru. He smiled at them as he passed them by, at the end of the hall he saw the principes of all the regnorum of Tartharac. They were all there for his birthday party. He happily went towards them. There was his best friend Yuya the corona principem of Enri, also best friend Keito from the kingdom of Naris with an O, Onaris was there as well! Keito was the corona principem of Onaris. He was the guy who never got angry! Then there was the jolly corona principem of Rysia also his best friend Daiki. There was also the guy who never grew! Chinen a princeps(prince) of Wyndox, then there is the arrogant princeps of the fishes Yamada of Shou and the guy who never leaves his cave but is here now at his party, the corona principem of Erraius Inoo both of whom love him to death! There is also the guy who loves to hide, Ryutaro corona principem of Heirus, his secret stalker! Then last but not the least the guy he likes, but he wished was never born on the face of Archaneaux, because he was too pretty! The prince he was dead jealous of Yuto a princeps of the grand regnum of Aone.

He was happy seeing all of them. His magi (the man who was the donor of the seed that formed him) was sitting happily beside his pater (father) the regem (king). They were all having a blast. Food was abundant and he could eat any meat he wanted, because the meat cooked for his feast were not one of their animals. He hates hurting animals. He spotted a humungous Roasted Boar with a whole watermelon stuck on its mouth! It was one huge boar! And it was going straight to his tummy!

He took one of its large leg it was enormous! He took a bite and…

 

 

WOKE UP! He fell from his bed clutching his antenato’s(older brother) large arm. Oh oh. He was in big trouble. He grinned sheepishly as he stared at his antenato who glared at him murderously.

“So I’m a humungous boar eh?” his frater (brother) said angrily. “Not fit enough eh?”

Hikaru gulped he should have known that it was all a dream. He was the fifth son so him becoming the corona principem was Impossible! Then that lavish party! Impossible since he was considered the unlucky son because he was too weak, his pater didn’t like him very much. His magi was happy another impossibility since his magi was the least favorite drone of the regem, and the people since he was too weak. His magi preferred to read books and study than train for battle.

The fact that he was adored by all the principes was also a clear impossibility since he only knew of two principes, they were Chinen his best mate and Keito also his best friend. He and Daiki weren’t actually friends more like acquaintances. And Yuya hates him because he has the habit of talking loudly into the ear of the sleeping princeps of Enri. Yamada and Ryutaro just ignore him. While Inoo never… left… his … cave… ever, so they couldn’t possibly meet. But the part about Yuto was right that MAN should be imprisoned for being too awesome!

He saw stars as his antenato beat the crap out of him. His pet dog Anu covered his eyes with his paws then howled in sadness. His frater’s wolves were laughing at him.

 

He had black and blue bruises all over his face as he ate his breakfast in the castle’s dining room. The whole castle was like a wolves den. The table was made of large logs the chairs were made of the same logs made to look like little thrones. He was seated at the farthest seat next to his magi while his fraters and pater and his other drones were happy discussing about the upcoming tournament of strength. His magi gave him a reassuring look that always calmed his angry self.

Hikaru's magi

The whole room was made of limestone with timbers clearly showing through the ceiling. Huge chandeliers made of wood hung above. On the walls horns of animals that they had hunted with respect were displayed.

They wore loose shirts and trousers made from wool. The cloth was coarsely woven and was heavy. They usually wore a vest or a cape above it made of animal skin or fur. The animal skin came from the animal that they first killed when they went on their first hunting trip. His pater’s was that of a liger(lion/tiger) his  siblings had bear, leopard, lion, wolf, and rhino respectively while he had a vest made out of … rabbit skin.

He remembered that day clearly he was forced to harm an animal. He wasn’t strong enough to take any of the strong animals so he started begging them to sacrifice their life for him. The result they chased him! The bear, the lion, the rhino, the leopard, the cheetah, he even asked an elephant! But it was of no avail so had no choice but to go home empty handed. He was on his way back to camp when he saw a rabbit. He killed it but before he had done the HATEFUL crime he apologized to the animal and promised to treasure his fur. He went home and tearfully showed the rabbit he killed, to his horror his pater made him kill 10 more!!!!!!!!!     

His pater angrily told him to kill more because he couldn’t make even a vest out of one rabbit skin. He……..was……….a …………rabbit ……. Murderer!

The whole regnum made fun of him after that incident. That very same incident was also the cause why he was dead scared of CATS! All the wild cats he approached that day tried to EAT him! He wouldn’t go near a cat even if his life depended on it.

 

He was busy gathering the herb that his magi ordered him to get, since his magi was the head doctor of the royal hospital. He hummed as he searched for the herbs; he looked straight ahead, straight ahead because he could see the herbs in front of him…

He……tripped……..head first……

 

He opened his eyes and found himself in a very dark cave or was it an abyss? He saw nothing except darkness then he saw something stir in the dark, something shiny…. And SCALY! He screamed as a large serpent/dragon/serpent like creature approached him; a small light flowed into what appears to be a cave from nowhere.

He froze as he felt cold, scaly, slimy, thing encircle his body.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter