Chapter 30: Trust and Allegiances

Kingdom Era: Journey to the Land of Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys I'm back. Sorry I know I promised that I would update on friday but we had a problem with our internet connection for a few days. I have a job now so I am going to have to squeeze my writing in between my vacant time. Enjoy the update guys. @passionatelover and @lonergirl my commentors I'll be waiting for your feedback about this chapter. XD

Chapter 30

Trust and Allegiances

 

Rysian Warship, Heiyan Bay

 

            King Masuda, King Ninomiya and King Nakamaru waited on the deck as the Enrian envoy arrived carrying the tied up and gagged King Jin. King Nakamaru was trying to keep a straight face as the envoy neared. They all realized that King Jin was throwing a fit even though he was gagged. He was saying something through the white fabric stuffed into his mouth. All the kings smiled as the envoy finally reached the main deck.

            Lord Kotaki formally greeted King Masuda and the other kings.

            “We sincerely apologize for our monarch appearance your majesties, he left us with no other choice since he was unwilling to attend the assembly.” Lord Kotaki said apologetically as he presented King Jin.

            “We also sincerely apologize for not aiding you in the war with Spruxia.” Lord Kotaki added.

            “It’s alright I understand.” King Masuda replied his eyes never leaving King Jin who was now turning red probably from anger or from his incessant attempts to shout at his captors. Lord Kotaki turned his attention to their monarch and ordered the men to unhand him. The king of Enri was carefully laid down on the ground before his captors loosened the rope around his hands and feet.

            As soon as the ropes were removed King Jin immediately removed the gag on his mouth and yelled.

            “THIS IS TREASON!!!!”

            The kings, Lord Kotaki and his men merely laughed.

            “Sorry your majesty we were just following Lord Ueda’s orders.” Lord Kotaki stated.

            “Nice entrance Jin.” King Nakamaru said teasingly.

            “Yeah very manly.” King Ninomiya added.

            “Welcome Jin, it’s been a long time since we last saw each other.” King Masuda greeted with a smile. King Jin turned his attention to Lord Kotaki.

            “I would like to inform you your majesty that you will be an honorary guest of the Rysian warship, the envoy as well as the airship will be returning to Enri.” Lord Kotaki said while bowing his head a little.

            “WHAT?!” King Jin bellowed as he regained his composure.

            “Our nation is indebted to you King Masuda.” Lord Kotaki said addressing the king of Rysia.

            “The pleasure is ours, we have missed our comrade King Jin greatly.” King Masuda said in reply and turned to King Jin as asked. “When was the last time you attended a gathering of Paleo?”            

            “17 years ago.” King Jin mumbled his voice low almost like a whisper.

            “What we didn’t hear you?” King Nakamaru said teasingly. “Did you hear him Nino?”

            “No Maru I didn’t. What did you say?” King Ninomiya added.

            “I said 17 YEARS AGO!” King Jin huffed.

            “It was that long?!” King Nakamaru said in fake surprise. After King Nakamaru said those the kings all burst out in laughter while King Jin looked like he wanted to disappear from the face of Archaneaux.

            “We will bid you farewell then your majesties.” Lord Kotaki said and gave a short bow.

            “Wait how about my son isn’t he joining me?” King Jin asked Lord Kotaki.

            “The crown prince is already being carried down as we…” Lord Kotaki wasn’t able to finish his words because his guards came down from the airship hurriedly towards him.

            “Your Lordship we have a problem.” His chief of guards informed him. “The crown prince refuses to leave his bed and insists on carrying his bed down with him on it.”

            On the other side King Jin was being teased by the Paleo members causing him to lose focus on the topic of his son.

            “Jin I thought the Enrian soldiers were coming to bring us food.” King Nakamaru started.

            “Shut up Maru is this how you greet your friend whom you haven’t seen in a while?” King Jin barked at him.

            “It’s not my fault you looked like a roasted pig!” King Nakamaru said in defense. “You even have a white apple on your mouth!”

            “That was a gag you monkey!” King Jin retorted.

            “Plus your complexion is similar to that of a roasted pig!” King Nakamaru continued. King Ninomiya was now clutching his stomach in laughter while King Masuda was trying to act cool and held his laughter in.

            “At least I don’t look like a gorilla!” King Jin shouted back.

            “You know what. Kazuya said the same thing.” King Nakamaru said sneeringly. King Jin became awkwardly fidgety and a short silence enveloped the kings but it was soon disrupted by the boisterous laughter of the kings including king Masuda.

            “You guys are nuts!” King Jin said in frustration but the kings disregarded him and continued their hysterical laughter.

Sometime later

            “Is this serious?” King Nakamaru asked as he scratched his head.

            “Yes this is serious now grab his foot!” King Jin ordered as he held one of Yuya’s feet. The crown prince of Enri was currently laying on his bed forcefully fighting off his father, Lord Kotaki his men and the kings who were forcing him to leave his bed so he could move to the Rysian warship Suzaku.

            “Yuya son you could continue sleeping in your room at the Rysian warship! Stop making this hard for us!” King Jin said to his son as he pulled on Yuya’s left leg.

            “No! I like this bed it’s the softest bed I’ve ever slept in!!!!” crown prince Yuya reasoned as he continued to kick his father who held his left foot.

            “Damn it Maru pull on his foot! Nino what are you doing standing there pull those pillows away from him! Masu it would be nice if you helped and tied up his arms so he wouldn’t be able to hold on to the bed!” King Jin ordered. Lord Kotaki’s men were already exhausted from trying to get Yuya off the bed earlier.

            King Nakamaru and King Jin pulled Yuya by his feet but the prince managed to hold on to the pillows and continuously hit his dad and the king of Naris with them while kicking their arms.

            “Nino! Damn it help us!” King Nakamaru shouted at King Ninomiya who got to his feet and took away the pillows and tried to hold crown prince Yuya by the shoulders to get him off. The prince guessed this and grabbed King Ninomiya’s hair causing the King to cry out in pain. King Jin and King Nakamaru couldn’t stand crown prince Yuya’s kicks anymore so they let go of his feet.

            “Where are you getting all this energy?! You can’t even stay up from catching a ball for even a minute!” King Jin angrily stated while catching his breath.

            “Is there a way for us to just carry the bed with your son in it?!” King Nakamaru said as he rubbed his aching arms.

            “That bed is built in.” Lord Kotaki answered as he sat down on the floor from exhaustion. “That boy is worst that you your majesty.” Lord Kotaki added but later he forcefully stood up seeing as how in pain king Nakamaru was.

            “Wait here I’ll try to get something to remove that bed.” Lord Kotaki said as he stood up.

 

1 hour later

            “Nino grab his arm!” This time it was King Masuda who was shouting, he decided to help them out because even with the combined efforts of King Jin, King Nakamaru and King Ninomiya the boy couldn’t be parted from the bed.

            “I can’t grab his arm since he is aiming for my hair!” King Ninomiya shouted back his scalp was feeling sore now after being grabbed in the hair numerous times.

            “Oh stop being a sissy! He wouldn’t be able to grab your hair if you grab his hand!” King Nakamaru shouted back.

            “Grab his arms!” King Masuda commanded to the others. The whole battalion of Lord Kotaki was here with them now but despite their numbers crown prince Yuya, who moved so fast for them to catch, was still on his bed. After King Jin and King Nakamaru accidentally let go of his legs earlier grabbing them again became almost impossible and they had already experienced more beating than in the previous battle at the Heiyan Bay not that king Jin joined the war. And to think King Nakamaru was chased down by marionettes!

            Lord Kotaki was helping King Masuda while the rest of the men were helping the other kings. It was impossible to remove the bed without leaving a gaping hole on the floor.

            “Screw the floor just cut the bed out!” King Nakamaru wailed his body ached like a thousand buffalos ran over him.

            “We can’t do that this is a property of Aone it’s just lent to Enri.” Lord Kotaki stated.

            “Screw Aone we will just contribute for the damage!” King Ninomiya said angrily.

They were about to give up when someone threw water on the young prince and swiftly pulled at the bed sheet from the side. The bedsheet was then wrapped around the body of the crown prince of Enri faster than the speed of sound. The rampaging prince was secured with another clothe until he looked like a burrito.

            “Now carry him out fast!!” someone commanded. Everyone immediately snapped out of their trance and carried the crown prince off the airship.

 

            They put down the prince at the center of the control room. The kings looked like they have been battling Arachnidans and the whole crew as well as their consorts, drones and princes were looking at them in shock. Crown prince Yuya was yowling through the sheets but the kings paid no heed as they regained their breaths. Lord Kotaki and his men rushed to fly out of the bay in case the crown prince escaped the grip of the kings and sneak back into the ship.

            “Woah dad what happened to you?” Crown prince Yamada asked King Ninomiya.

            “Was there a battle that happened? Were you attacked by women?” Crown prince Daiki asked King Masuda.

            “Dad you look like a Dalmatian.” Crown prince Hikaru told his father King Nakamaru who was black and blue from head to foot from Yuya’s beating, he was unfortunately positioned at Yuya’s good foot.

            “That!” King Ninomiya said while pointing at crown prince Yuya. “Is worse than the Arachnidan army.” He added while trying to catch his breath.

            “Totally agree.” King Nakamaru agreed as he tried to rub his aching face.

            They all turned to King Kazuya who was calmly staring at the still wrapped up crown prince Yuya. The king of Erraius turned his attention to the kings when he realized that they were all staring at him.

            “What?!” He asked them.

            “Damn Kazuya how did you do it?!” King Masuda asked still breathless.

            “I used my brain.” King Kazuya said nonchalantly. King Kazuya was the one who threw the water at the crown prince Yuya and trapped him in bedsheet.

            “Hey we also used our wits you know! I think all my brain cells died trying to find a way to get this kid off that bed!” King Nakamaru retorted.

            “Maru you need to have a brain to be able to use brain cells.” King Kazuya sarcastically stated. It took a few minutes for the King of Naris to get what King Kazuya said by that time the other kings were already laughing on the floor.

            “Earth brain!” King Nakamaru yelled but then quieted down and added. “You’re lucky I owe you one.” The kings laughed even more.

            “Why did you help us?” King Ninomiya asked.

            “Isn’t obvious why? You all looked like fools so I pitied you.” King Kazuya stated.

            The kings were about to snap back when they realized that King Kazuya managed to tie down crown prince Yuya in less than a minute while they have been battling him for more than an hour and a half.

            “You were excited to see me weren’t you?” King Jin teased King Kazuya. King Kazuya merely sneered and sarcastically said.

            “I just happen to have heard the funniest rumor that the king of Enri who accidentally glued his to his throne was coming to the assembly so I went to check if it was true. Turns out the glue you used comes off every 17 years.”

            “Shouldn’t we free him now?” King Masuda asked after another fit of laughter erupted amongst those in the control room after what King Kazuya said.

            “Is the airship gone? I’m not helping you get him off that bed again if he escapes back to it.” King Nakamaru said. They weren’t able to see the airship leaving because they were too busy carrying Yuya.

            “Yeah it’s gone.” King Ninomiya said after checking if the airship was still there.

            King Jin approached him son and freed him from his clothe prison. Crown prince Yuya came out of his prison in a fit and angrily approached King Kazuya whom he remembered quite well as the person who threw water on his face and well trapped him in his bedsheet prison.

            “YOU! WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO DO THAT TO ME?!” Crown prince Yuya bellowed but King Kazuya merely sneered while King Jin face-palmed himself.

            King Kazuya was unfazed by Yuya and roughly grabbed Yuya by his chin and said mockingly.

            “You should really know who gave you that face of yours boy, maybe then you’ll cut that sharp tongue of yours and be useful for a change instead of crippling your monarch with your disability.”

 

A/N: You were pretty much useless before the Heiyan war too Kazuya but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt you did become an honorable king when the war finally began.

 

After saying that King Kazuya let go of Yuya’s chin and turned his back on him. King Kazuya then turned to crown prince Inoo and said.

            “Let’s go Inoo the show’s over.”

            The whole room became quiet as they watched the very regal King of Erraius make his exit with his son Inoo and his son’s pet fox tagging behind him.

            “Dad who was that man?” Crown prince Yuya asked after looking absolutely speechless.

            “That man is the King of Erraius.” King Masuda stated his eyes still lingering on the door where Kazuya exited.

            “He’s your magi.” King Jin added gravely.

            “WHAT?!!!!” crown prince Yuya screamed.

 

 

 

Narisian Warship, Heiyan Bay

            The crown prince Yamada and Hikaru were huddled together in the crown prince’s quarters in the warship. They decided it was better for them to keep inside close quarters when they were talking about women. They couldn’t stay in the Shou warship because crown prince Yamada constantly had servants when they were there.

            Crown prince Yamada let out a long sigh before putting down his writing pen and paper. “I can’t think of anything.” He said in defeat.

            “Just what are you planning to do anyway?” crown prince Hikaru asked him. Crown prince Yamada had been writing for almost an hour now but always ends up crumpling the paper he wrote on. Stacks of crumpled paper were now scattered on the floor. Crown prince Hikaru got to thinking how they were going to dispose the papers without anyone noticing them. People were bound to get suspicious about the papers.

            “I’m trying to devise a plan.” Crown prince Yamada answered as he scratched his head.

            “A plan for what?” Crown prince Hikaru asked as he picked up one of the papers. He opened the paper he picked up and stared at the jumbled illustrations on them. He could make out a cat which he figured must be fluffy and two stick figures which he was sure was him and Yamada. Yamada neared him and whispered.

            “I’m trying to make a plan for infiltrating the isle of Sirens.”

            It took a moment for crown prince Hikaru to get the meaning of the words but when he finally understood what crown prince Yamada meant he took one of the pillow on the chair and smacked crown prince Yamada’s face with it.

            “Are you nuts?! Do you have any idea how dangerous that is? We are not as cunning as them! And besides what makes you think that the person you want to meet is still in the island? That person must have gone home by now to the capital.” Crown prince Hikaru told crown prince Yamada. Realization finally sunk into crown prince Yamada’s head and he ended up groaning in frustration.

            “What do you expect me to do?! It’s been almost 2 weeks since I last saw that person! If she is in the mainland then we’ll go there!” crown prince Yamada blurted out as he raised his hands up in the air.

            “Look you’re not the only one suffering you know!” crown prince Hikaru contradicted.

            “Look we managed to enter their camp once I’m sure we can do it again.” Crown prince Yamada insisted.

            “Do you remember what happened that time?! We almost got killed not to mention how scary the Arachnidan army was. Look I know you are missing her but get a hold of yourself. Infiltrating the isle of Sirens in itself nearly got our head chopped what more if we try to get into the mainland as we speak!” crown prince Hikaru tried to reason.

            “But we don’t know if we don’t try!” Crown prince Yamada said in persistence.

            “Where in the world are we going to get smiths to build us the armor? Do you remember how hard it was to get the Errusian smiths to create the first armor for us? Plus the war is over now what reason will we have for the armors? Crown prince Hikaru said to crown prince Yamada trying to put reason into his big head. There was no way that the Errusian blacksmiths would agree, they had such a hard time with the first one getting them to make another one was impossible. The Errusians were also very busy now when he caught a glimpse of their ship last time they seemed to be very busy with something.

            Crown prince Yamada was about to retort another reason why they could try going to the Spruxian mainland when they heard crown prince HIkaru’s magi knocking on the door. They literally scrambled to their feet to clear up the papers since there were so may.

            “Dang it Yamada why did you use so many papers!” crown prince Hikaru complained as he hurriedly piled the papers while finding a place to hide the papers. They ended up stuffing all the papers inside crown prince Hikaru’s massive armoire. After they cleaned up crown prince Hikaru hurried opened the door for his magi. His magi looked at him questioningly.

            “What took you guys so long to open the door?” he asked them quizzically.

            “The place was messy so we decided to clean up.” Crown prince Hikaru tried to answer cheerfully but his voice sort of cracked a little. His magi looked at him then at crown prince Yamada weirdly.

            “Is there something you want to tell me?” his magi asked him.

            “No. Why?” crown prince Hikaru answered.

            “Alright. I just came to say that King Ninomiya is looking for you Yamada.” His magi said before leaving the room. A silence covered the room a few seconds after crown prince Hikaru’s magi’s departure before the two princes ended up looking at each other.

            “What was that about?” crown prince Yamada asked crown prince Hikaru who too seemed oblivious to his magi’s actions.

            “I have no idea. This is why I told you we should be more careful!” crown prince Hikaru said in panic.

            “Calm down I’m sure it’s nothing. I got to go I’ll come back later and maybe we can try and convince the Errusian blacksmiths to make us another armor.” Crown prince Yamada said before leaving.

 

Verona, Salmaria

            The skies in the southern part of the capital began to darken as two figures clad in yellow stood by the floating arena near the royal palace.

            “Try to bend the wind a little to the left that way you can deflect the lightning coming your way.” Chinen said as he stood behind crown princess Soonkyu holding her hands to show her a better way to block the lightning attacks he was hurling at her. The queen has been kind to Chinen and even let him dine with them in the royal dining hall. He wanted to do somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter