Chapter 24: Unwanted Encounters

Kingdom Era: Journey to the Land of Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I just came home from the church and I decided to update this story. I would like to thank my new subscribers! I'm sorry if I can't post your names here it's because I lost track of the people who are subscribing. Please comment and tell me your favorite scene for this chapter! I always remember my subscribers who are always commenting! So leave a comment I really I appreciate it! This is dedicated to nihonmorgan14 who inspired me to write this chapter faster, that's why it is sort of features Yamada more. I also featured Hikaru for lonergirl. I hope you guys like it!

Chapter 24

Unwanted Encounters

 

Heiyan Bay, Rysian Warship

            King Masuda barely makes it out of his bed as a coughing fit hits him. He hurriedly drinks a glass of lukewarm water before forcing himself out of bed. He weakly stands up and his valet helps him get ready for another long day of battle. Upon reaching the master hall he feels an intense aching hit his head.

            “Damn!” He mutters while he grabs hold of the table to support himself. His generals eye him worriedly.

            “Your majesty are you all right?” His chief general asks. He waves his hand in disregard of what his chief general has said.

            “I am fine where are the other regem?” He asks while sitting on his throne in a slouch position. Oh good Rysos his head is killing him.  He is coughing loudly as he slowly drifts to a state of sleep while waiting for his allies to arrive.

 

            King Ninomiya arrives looking pale but thankfully not really sick like King Masuda. King Kazuya on the other hand looked sick and he breaks into a coughing fit every now and then. The Crown Prince of Aone is also not looking good.

            “My brother’s condition has worsened.” The Crown Prince states “This bad air around the camp is hampering his healing.”

            King Kazuya coughs loudly while covering his mouth with a napkin. King Ninomiya is rubbing his back in hopes of easing his discomfort.

            “Where is Yuichi?” King Masuda asks weakly.

            The King of Naris arrives in looking like a zombie with drool and saliva on his face. He is terribly sick. All men in the hall gasp at his appearance. He is walking with such difficulty as if each step he takes hurt him. The other kings painstakingly watch him walk towards them. All of them wanted to rush to the King of Naris and force him to lie down and rest.

            “Am really sorry for my … appearance I’m seriously sick guys.” King Yuichi managed to say.

            “Call the physicians!” King Masuda thunders as King Yuichi staggers to his seat like a drunk but seriously ill person.

            “What the hell Yuichi don’t you have a physician on board your ship?” King Kazuya managed to say in between his coughing.

            “My…(sigh) doctors…(breathe) are… also (sigh) ill.” King Yuichi answers while weakly propping himself on to a chair.

            “Check on Naris and Erraius Nino.” King Masuda says as he stands up. “I will try to send for more physicians.”

            “This isn’t good Masuda. There seems to be a plague circulating around our camp.” King Ninomiya says with worry.

            “I hope the women get it as well!” King Kazuya yells in anger as he slumps on his chair “My head is killing me!”

Foret, Onaris

            Queen Zi Han walks back and forth awaiting her husband’s return from the royal study of the Royal Onarisian Palace. They are currently staying at Onaris while awaiting the judgment to be passed on their son Prince Chinen. She is still trying her best to mitigate the punishment; surely banishment is a lot more justifiable than execution.

            “He is a freaking prince for crying out loud!” She bursts in anger as her husband tells her that the decision is final.

            “There is nothing I can do dear.” King Ohno says sorrowfully.

            “NO! You can’t do this! He is your son! YOU CAN’T LET THEM KILL YOUR OWN FLESH AND BLOOD!” she yells in anger as she hits her husband’s chest the later accepts each beating while suppressing his tears. She falls on the ground and covers her head with her skirt sobbing endlessly.

            “My baby! Not my boy!”

            Prince Ran and the Crown Prince Shojiro look down on the ground while holding back their tears. The Crown Prince leaves their room and Prince Ran follows. They go inside the dining room of the private quarters given to them by Onaris.

            “Happy adelfo (brother)?” Prince Ran states as he faces the crown prince.

            “You don’t know what you are talking about Ran!” The Crown Prince yells in anger. “Do you think I want this? You’re wrong!”

            The crown prince sits in one of the chairs near the dining table. Prince Ran follows his brother’s actions and sits down as well.

            “Just when I thought that I finally have someone who can inherit the throne in my place, someone more deserving! This happens!” The crown prince sobs.

            “I have always known that I am not good enough to be a king. Have you seen my storms Ran? Even if I combine all of them they will never be a match to Chinen’s storm. His storms are powerful and terrifying. If he becomes the regem (king) we will be feared be so many regnorum even Aone!” the crown prince states in a dreamlike manner.

            “Well that is never going to happen because he will be executed.” Prince Ran sobs. Little is known by the two princes that their younger siblings are listening to their conversation.

            “Arian what does executed mean?” Melody asks her elder sibling who is now crying.

            “It means to be killed.” Ariana answers her sibling while crying.

            “What? That means they will kill megalytero adelfo (older brother)?” Melody asks with tears b in her eyes. Ariana nods and the two siblings cry their heart out at the thought of losing their older brother dawns on them.

            The whole quarter occupied by the Wyndoxian royal family is filled with anguish and tears. Silently King Toma is also weeping for his friend’s upcoming loss.

Heiyan Bay, Aonian Air fleet

            Prince Chinen rushes to his lover’s side as the latter suddenly starts to have uncontrollable fits. He tries to steady Yuto while yelling for help.

            “Yuto no don’t you dare die on me!” He begs while keeping Yuto restrained. The Physicians arrive and they immediately attend to Yuto.

            He slumps back in his chair and tries to rest. The Crown Prince arrives and pats his back.

            “You need to rest.” The crown prince says while sitting down as well.

            “How bad is the plague?” he asks while clutching his head which seems to be hurting as well.

            “Worse than we thought. It is spreading like wildfire in the Narisian and Errusian army while Rysian troops are also beginning to feel the symptoms.” The crown prince answers while resting his head back on the chair’s back.

            “You ok? Can you still move?” he asks.

            “I can still manage. How about you?” the crown prince asks worriedly.

            “I will fight as long as I can stand so don’t worry.” He states while looking up at the ceiling.   

            “I have to tell father of Yuto’s condition. He will kill me of course but he still needs to know.” The crown prince said in a weary voice.

 

            A few hours passed and Chinen is still asleep. Prince Yuto opens his eyes and sees his lover sleeping on the side of the bed with his head resting on his arms in a sitting position. He Chinen’s hair. It is a quiet moment for the two of them Chinen is asleep with Yuto staring at him lovingly. The Aonian prince wishes that they will stay like this forever; forever in love with each other.

Heiyan Bay, Errusian warship

            King Kazuya is pacing back and forth while coughing. He is currently in his study while waiting for the news that his physicians will bring about his son’s condition. His physicians come back to the room while shoving each other. He would have yelled at them if only he isn’t ill himself.

            “How’s my son?” he asks while suppressing a cough.

            The chief physician steps towards him after being pushed by his fellow doctors.

            “His highness’s condition has.” He gulps then continues “worsened. We are terribly sorry your majesty but the sickness around the place is making him ill!”

            King Kazuya summons a pile of gemstones and starts throwing it at his physicians. They dodge him while cowering in fear.

            “Cure my son or else I will hang all of you!” King Kazuya thunders while clutching his aching chest.

            “He doesn’t have much time to live!” One of the physicians screams in fear.

            King Kazuya freezes in place and looks at the physician with bulging eyes.

            “The sickness has worsened his condition, his immune system is down. This plague is causing his wound to become infected. Soon this plague’s virus will reach his lungs and inevitably slow down his breathing. We do not have the capabilities to heal him your majesty only those blessed with healing hands can cure him.” the physician explains as best as he can.

            King Kazuya is silent then he abruptly stands up and yells at his servants and physicians to leave. In the coldness of the ship’s throne room he weeps bitter tears.

 

 Isle of Sirens, Arachnidan Camp

            Three idiots have miraculously infiltrated the Arachnidan camp disguise as women. Well to be honest their disguises are horrible. They have commissioned one of the Errusian blacksmiths to make them armors so that they will look like women. The end product is a crudely made cheap imitation. They can’t be noticed from afar but if the suits of armor are seen up close they are easily identified as infiltrators.

            They are currently riding inside a huge wagon while keeping their heads low .Thankfully they are unnoticed because their suits are made of metal.

            “Who’s poking my ? Is that you Hikaru?” The leader of the expedition asks his comrade.

            “No!” Hikaru replies.

            “Then is it you Daiki?” the leader asks again.

            “No Yama-chan it’s not me!” Daiki replies.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter