Chapter Ten: Spruxia

Kingdom Era: Journey to the Land of Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

Spruxia

 

                Pink sparkles filled the air as a violent gust of wind entered a picturesque room which was fashioned like a budding rose. The whole room was pink colored from the stately bed fit for a queen to the furniture and even to the lavish carpet beneath. The bed was made of the finest pine enamored and decorated with flowers made of mother of pearl; the flowers were attached to the carvings of plants on the head board and even on the legs of the bed. The color of the bed as well as that of the other furniture resembled the color of pink rose, while the bed curtains and the canopy above with were of the shade of blood.  Two massive pink armoire were located at the foot of the bed and three chest of the same color were scattered around the room. A dressing table of fine ivory was placed near the balcony entrance giving its owner a pleasant view of the rainbow like garden beneath it. Flowers were intricately woven on the pink carpet made of the softest material that gave the impression of one walking on clouds. The walls were all paneled and painted pink with carvings of the countryside visible on each panel; to mirror the sky the ceiling was painted with pink clouds swirling to the center of the room where the canopy was located.

                From the bed one could see that the beautiful ceiling glowed at twilight when the sun sets and the stars and the whole painting come to life. It gives one the feeling of being outside of the castle staring at the stars in an open ground. Every now and then pink sparkles would be emitted by the slumbering occupant of this fairytale like room. The occupant stirred yet again causing more sparkles to fly into the air.

                Gorgeous locks of swirling black ebony peered through the baby pink bed sheets as more sparkles flew. Milky white skin appeared as the bed sheet fell a little off exposing the occupant’s neck. The person sleeping was a girl whose ebony colored hair changed according to her disposition; it was now a startling red as she blissfully dreamed of something connected to love. She smiled and her eyes became little crescents and her dimples showed. She mumbled incoherent words as she threw her hands up in the air as if she was about to catch something. Numerous amounts of pink sparkles flew into the air and large volumes of spring vapor, which can be compared to the most intoxicating perfume, surrounded the bed.

 

                Tiffany was laying down a field of spring flowers admiring the passing clouds that formed shapes of different animals, beside her was her soul mate happily playing with the locks of her hair as he hummed a tune. She could not tell who he was for his face was always a blur, all she could make out was a silhouette of a small person somewhat her stature. He had a messed up hair that was smooth in the crown and went out on all directions in the tips. She turned to look at him and he pulled her into a tight embrace, she giggled as he tried to give her a peck on the lips but she immediately withdrew from his embrace. She could tell he was annoyed so she immediately went back to his open arms. She breathe in his scent and giggled again since it was so familiar as if she had known it all her life. He rested his chin on her head as she snuggled closer. She could hear his melodic humming then he stopped and caressed her hair and said something in a language she was not familiar with.

                “Zutto.” He said.

 

                The ebony haired young lady woke up with a startle, sirens were blaring all over the castle this was a sign that danger was coming. The young lady did not get up from the bed but instead buried her head in her pillows and wept bitterly. Her tears fell like waterfalls. The sound of the sirens grew louder and the hurried steps of the servants could be heard outside the hall. The briskly entered the room and beckoned the girl to get dressed.

                “Your highness please get into your riding habit!” the servant who was the girl’s attendant said in a constraint voice.

                The girl coldly replied “Leave me!”

                The servants were sweating hard at her statement but they abided to her wish.

 

                Tiffany cried her heart out; yet again she had awakened from her dream. Her heart was aching she never wanted to leave that place, it was her sanctuary, her safe haven where she felt loved. It was not that she was not taken care of, her mother had poured out every ounce of love she had on her and so did the people of the kingdom, but it was not enough she wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter