Chapter 29: Dawn of Collision

Kingdom Era: Journey to the Land of Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally after almost a year correct me if I’m wrong I finally updated. This chapter is for my two commentators who stood by and waited hahaha lonergirl my sister in Christ Jesus and fellow church member and to passinatelover. I wanted to make this longer but I decided to just cut my story plot for this chapter into two. This is a 9k plus word update I hope you enjoy it. PS I will delete the teaser by the way. I’ll update again by Friday. To God be the glory. 

 

Chapter 29

Dawn of Collision

 

Verona, Salmaria

 

            Chinen was sweating hard, the queen was looking at him in a scrutinizing manner. Why had he agreed to have tea with her again? He must had lost his mind! But he just couldn't say no to the yellow clad queen when she approached Chinen while Soonkyu was at the training grounds of the Salmarian army.

            His mind was screaming for him to run but he knew better than that. The queen handed him some biscuits and he took them. The queen shifted her position and began to talk.

            “Tell me Chinen, am I right your name is Chinen?” She asked him.

            “Yes your majesty my name is Chinen.” He replied politely.

            “I'm curious about your kingdom and more importantly about you. Can you tell me about yourself and the culture you grew up with?”

           

            Queen Jiyoung looked at the prisoner who she was sure was intimidated by her. She couldn't blame him. She was pretty intimidating, not like her petite daughter. She stood a towering height of 5'9 and with her up do, it made her look even taller.

            Her daughter has been hanging out with this young boy for a while now and she wanted to know more about him. At least give him the chance to redeem himself from her prejudice.

            “Your parents what are they like? I hear that men are for men in Tartharac.” she asked him.

            “Well most of Tartharac follow that rule your majesty but not the Triad where I came from. My parents are a man and a woman. I have a father as well as a mother.” he replied meekly garnering her attention. He has a mother? She had always pictured the Triad as kingdom of men treating women as slaves.

            “Weren't women slaves in your regnum?” She probed him.

            “No your majesty. Men in our kingdom value women very much. If it weren't for our mothers we would not be born into this world.” he replied with fervor but soon went back into his meek self. You can see it in his eyes that he had deep respect for women.

            “So what was your mother like?” She asked him growing more curious about this boy and his homeland.

            “My mother was strict yet caring, she ruled our household with an iron fist. Having 3 sons and two daughters was hard especially in a kingdom who was in constant threat from Aone and the other men dominated regnorum. If anything were to happen to my father in battle my mother would take over the throne and defend our kingdom.” He stated. And she motioned for him to continue.

            “But you see your highness women in Tartharac did not have the confidence and liberty that women of Celaria possessed. They were looked down upon by the neighboring regnorum and had to be kept in constant protection of Wyndoxian men. They weren't raised to be proud of who they are. My grandmother always told me that women of Wyndox often considered themselves as a burden to the regnum. Maybe if they weren't in Wyndox the land would be at peace.”

            The queen could only fathom what life would be like in a continent such as Tartharac. She found herself admiring these women. Still it was still a surprise meeting a man raised by a woman and more so one who had sisters.

            “Do you have a portrait of your family?” She asked wondering what they looked like.

            The boy reached into his vest and pulled out a small tablet. He handed it to her and she saw a small yet elegantly painted portrait of a family. She immediately spotted the woman dressed in sky blue standing regal and imperious beside a seated man who was short in stature. She was no doubt the boy's mother for she had passed down her eyes to him. Around the woman and man she saw the boy's siblings. Two men in their early twenties and two little girls, one was sitting on the man's knee the other was standing in front of her mother.

            The woman's garment was not as grand as that of Celarian clothing but she carried herself with dignity. Her smile was gentle but her eyes showed the restlessness she must had endured on a daily basis. Worrying about her meton going out to war and her children who could end up as orphans. It was a lot of things to worry about still she had pride in her veins.

            “This man must be your father and who might these be?” she asked him while pointing at the two men.

            “Those are my brother's your highness. The one on my father's left is my eldest brother the crown prince while the one beside him is my second brother.” he replied.

            “You are not the crown prince?” She asked in shocked.

            “I was the insignificant third prince your highness. I had just gotten my power a few months ago.” he replied. That sort of made sense but she was sure his parents weren't stupid to let such a precious child go. She wanted to find out more but before she could ask anymore the door to the sun room burst open and an enraged Soonkyu came in.

            Jiyoung knew that her daughter was going to be pissed but it couldn't be helped she needed to be alone with the boy. Jiyoung decided to be calm.

            “Well hello there my dear care to join us?” She said enthusiastically.

            “What the hell are you doing?!” She shouted at Chinen who looked at her with his mouth wide open. Soonkyu looked at her with pure fury. She merely offered her a cup of tea. Soonkyu sat down but she could see that her daughter was trembling in anger. Pretty soon the cups went flying up and red faced Soonkyu left the sun room as angrily as she came.

            “Go after her she will throw a fit I'm sure of it.” She told the boy in a kind way. Her view of this young man had changed drastically. She was going to find out more about this whole scenario. Chinen stood up and bowed and then raced after her daughter.

 

Himawari Forest, Rysian Border

 

            The sleeping crown prince of Enri covered his ears to tune out the constant whining of his father the king. King Jin was definitely not happy about the prospect of meeting his old friends, his forgotten flame and the wicked witch who cursed him. For years he had been contended with his simple life of womanizing and raising an invalid child. He made so many mistakes to count and he had no face to show to the Paleo.

            As their envoy neared the border he started to panic. He jumped up and down the passenger seat and tried to pry open the doors and windows desperate for escape. His sleeping son awoke to find him looking like a chimpanzee on rampage inside its cave.

            The blasted vehicle carrying them was built like a cage, Ueda had anticipated his irrational actions and Jin was sure his best friend had made the carriage escape proof. Even the windows seemed to be made of diamond enforced glass!

            “AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” King Jin screamed as he tried to open the door. There was nothing he could use to break the glass and his fists which he had tried to use earlier was swollen. He had tried to break the glass windows by punching them but it was of no avail the windows weren't even scratched. Jin sat on his seat in full defeat. He slumped and started to his thumb. Anxiety was getting the best out of him. The image of the queen of Beltraine flashed his mind and he began to cry.

            Crown prince Yuya woke up to see his father in his worst state possible. But instead of pitying the man he called father, Yuya got annoyed at the noise that the king was making. He took a pillow and tried to cover his ears, he hoped that he could go back to sleep, too bad for him the carriage was cramped and it only echoed the loud noise. Yuya couldn't take the noise of the crying man and he began to scream at his dad.

            It seemed like an eternity before Jin could calm himself and when he had finally calmed down Yuya had managed to sleep through his noise. The cry was helpful for Jin it made his head clearer despite its embarrassing nature. He began to think again and shockingly thought of a plan of escape.

            It was nearing sunset when the carriage door opened and the head of the guards bought in his food. Jin took this chance to escape. He used the power he had to throw everyone aback in powerful sound wave. Who would think that he actually had powers? His men were in daze from the powerful sound that shocked them. Jin pulled the sleeping Yuya who had also awakened and was fighting him fiercely.

            “Yuya don't be an idiot! We need to leave stop resisting!” Jin shouted at his son who was struggling from his grasp. Yuya was kicking and slapping the king wanting to be free from his dad.

            “No! I want to sleep and this is the most comfortable place to sleep for now!” Yuya retorted back.

            The guards were starting to regain consciousness and Jin was running out of time. He used all the force he had and restrained Yuya. With his son on his back he ran into the unknown forest before them.

 

            Morning dawned on the sleeping figures under a tree. The figures were King Jin and his son Crown Prince Yuya. After his escape the king became very tired and after bickering with Yuya for almost 3 hours his son had fallen asleep near a log. It surprised the king that Yuya could stay up that long, but the Crown Prince shouted at his father angrily after losing his most valuable possessions which were his pillow, bed and blanket of course!

            Jin managed to build a nice little fire near them to provide warmth to their bodies. The air around the forest was shockingly cold he hadn't expected it to be cold since it was near Rysia. He anticipated it to be warm. He got up and started to look for food. He knew that Yuya would be hungry as soon as he woke up so he needed to look for food for both of them. He made a makeshift bag out of his jacket and eyed the surroundings for some wild plants that could be edible. He saw some berries and began picking those. He got black berries, blue berries and some raspberries. He also spotted an apple tree and began getting fruits from those even though they weren't that quite ripe yet. When he got back to the place where he and Yuya slept he saw his son still sleeping as usual. He set up some fire so they could be a little warm.

            When Yuya woke up Jin has managed to set up nice cozy fire with water boiling on a makeshift pot made out of some crudely conjured metal. King Jin learned the art of earth bending during the time he was together with Kazuya. He never thought it would save him now that he was in the middle of nowhere with nothing but his robes and his jewelries. He just needed to let the time for the Assembly to pass after that he and Yuya could return to Enri. He knew that Ueda would kill him but his friend left him with no choice! There was no way he was meeting with the Paleo and there was certainly no way he was going to face the Witch of Beltraine even if she had the face of an angel.

            Yuya was still pissed with him which was usual of his son, Yuya loved his treasures more than anything else in Enri including his father. Jin gave him some berries served on one of the crude metal plates he has created. Yuya whined of course since the food was really not to his liking. His son was a picky eater.

            “Look stop complaining and just eat it ok. Be thankful you have something to eat!” Jin told his son who frowned at him.

            “We would have something to eat and a delicious one at that if only you didn't go crazy and dragged us all the way to nowhere!” Yuya retorted at him. Just as he was about to think of something to counter his son when the winds around them suddenly began to move in circles. Their food along with the crude kitchenware went flying everywhere. He looked up and saw to his horror massive airship flying above them. He stood up and pulled Yuya and began to run away from their camping place. Before he could even get far with Yuya they were suddenly covered by a large net. Men clothed in purple came closer to them and dragged them towards a small vehicle. Father and son were screaming for their lives before being carried by the small vehicle towards the airship.

            Upon reaching the airship he and Yuya were dumped into the group like a sack of potatoes. All the time he was screaming treason. The men made them stand up and he was met by a man dressed in noble clothes. On look and he recognized the man immediately. He was none other than Kotaki Ueda's little brother!

            “Hello your majesty! My brother informed me of your arrival in Rysia so as the Ambassador of Enri to Rysia I am here to welcome you. This airship is a cutesy of Aone who was delighted to hear that you are finally attending a meeting for the Paleo.” Kotaki said too cheerfully for his liking everything of Kotaki reminded Jin of Ueda. He should have known that Ueda would do this to him. How did little Kotaki become such a fine man not to mention an ambassador?! Wasn't it just yesterday that Kotaki was running through the halls of Ichos palace asking Ueda for candy?

            He began to grumble but his escorts ignored his protests. Yuya was very happy to be back in a place he called civilized. He on the other hand was angry! Ueda has outwit him yet again. He was afraid of heights ever since the whole hurled by a tornado affair and Ueda used that against him! Now there was really no way for him to escape!

 

Bitva, Arachnides

            Feet were scampering, ovens were baking, stoves were cooking and food was being churned out of the kitchens at a pace unseen and bakers rolled out more bread that the whole Arachnidan army could consume. They all put out to their stalls the best breads they had and were on the route to baking more. Today was a special day because the whole Arachnidan would be parading through the streets of Bitva proudly proclaiming the victory of Celaria against the men of Tartharac.

            The people of the capital could see them now clothed in their wine red armors they marched through the streets of the capital heading towards the center of the town which is Arvard Plaza. They cheered and waved their little flags as the army passed by. They passed through the colorful streamers smiling happy at everyone raising their hands to wave at the watching crowds. The cheers grew louder as the royal chariot could be seen and the Queen was standing on it carrying her spear. She smiled at everyone and her stance resonated domination and unimaginable strength. She gaily greeted the people and chatted with those beside her in the chariot.

            Five young women were with her inside the massive festive chariot and the people could easily identify them. At the queen’s left stood princess Blaze with her burly physique like that of a bear and her height towered even above her mother. At the queen’s right stood princess Raeyi with her delicate form like that of a Spruxian flower but one cannot be fooled for as fragile looking as she is her skills in archery and her wits in battle are unmatched by no one in the whole regnum. Behind the queen and the two princesses were the rest of the queen’s children princess Eunhae, princess Kanghee and lastly princess Minjae.

            “All the princesses are beautiful aren’t they? Look at all the five of them!” One woman in purple garb exclaimed.

            “Five? Didn’t the queen have six children?” asked an older one in black causing the people around her to turn their attention onto her.

            “Six? But look there are only five with the queen?” another woman in blue pointed out.

            “The queen has six children, but I heard that the six was invalid and wasn’t useful at all!” exclaimed a woman who was clothed in fine linen obviously s servant of one of the nobles.

            “Where ever did you hear that?” asked the woman in purple.

            “From my mistress General Yang.” The servant of a noble boastfully exclaimed.

            “Really now?” a voice asked shocking the gossiping women. They turned their heads and spotted an older elite, who was definitely a noble, looking at them with a cold gaze.

            “Yes my mistress said…” the servant wasn’t able to finish her sentence because the noble thundered.

            “Has your mistress told you that she was beaten to a pulp by that very sixth princess you insult?! The princess is the strongest warrior of Arachnides and is the crown princess of this REGNUM!!! I can have you HANGED FOR TREASON! TALKING ABOUT THE ROYAL FAMILY WITH DISRESPECT IS AS YOU KNOW TREASON!”

            The servant fell to her knees in fright before being dragged away by soldiers.

            “Do you have anything else to say?” she asked the remaining ladies but they shook their heads in fright.

            “Good.” The noble said and made her way.

           

            When they were away from earshot the soldiers with the noble asked.

            “If you so permit your ladyship may we ask where our crown princess is. Why is she not with the royal entourage?”

            The noble who was apparently a lady in waiting to the royal household could only shake her head in amusement before pointing to the east of the city where smoke rose high.

            “Her royal highness is over there, in the place where the smoke rises unceasingly.” She added. The soldiers look on to where the noble was pointing with curiosity for they were still new recruits and had no knowledge whatsoever about the youngest brood of the queen.

 

            Crown princess Sooyoung stood on her tippy toes and breathe in the scent and aroma of her beloved things. She grinned as she looked on the rows and rows of FOOD!!! It was her first out of the palace adventure and she knew that Bitva was filled to the brim with food stalls, cafes, bakeries and restaurants and she was just dying to have a taste of what this city had to offer.

            She was rarely aloud to leave the palace when she was a kid because she was dotted upon immensely by her family. She always stayed within the palace walls. She closed her eyes and remembered a scene from her childhood.

 

Flashback

            A five year old princess Sooyoung stood on her tippy toes to catch a glimpse of her sisters Blaze and Raeyi who had just visited their capital. They were sent by their grandmother to see the best smiths in the regnum to learn how weapons were made. She could see them now as they walked towards the main gate. She decided to climb the wall in order for them to see her. She climbed up using her chubby legs and proudly stood atop the walls.

            “Blaze unnie! Raeyi Unnie!” she squealed as she waved her hands. Shrieks erupted as the attendants spotted her. The five year old couldn’t understand why people were running towards her screaming and with their hands stretched forward. Her sisters Blaze and Raeyi were also running towards her. She smiled and placed her hands on her waist proudly grinning.

            “They must have missed me that much.” She thought to herself. She started jumping up and down in glee causing everyone one else to panic.

            On the other hand the queen had just finished her luncheon with some of the royal advisers and was just passing through the halls of the left wing when she spotted her five year old daughter STANDING ON TOP OF THE WALL!!!!

            “Sooyoung!!!!!!!!!!” the queen shrieked and almost hurled herself out the window. She screamed all the more when her daughter turned towards her direction and started jumping up and down squealing something the queen couldn’t hear.

           

            Sooyoung spotted her mother and happily yelled “Mom look unnies are back!!!”

            Her excitement was cut short when one of her attendants roughly pulled her down from her position. Everyone else was looking at her worriedly. She spotted her sisters and rushed to them.

            “What were you thinking?” princess Blaze almost thundered at their youngest.

            “I was happy you guys are back but you couldn’t see me properly so I stood up the wall.” Sooyoung replied jovially. Princess Blaze had to facepalm herself, Sooyoung was five she couldn’t comprehend the fact that almost endangering her life was wrong.

            “Did you guys bring me anything?” the five year old princess asked with her hands behind her back while she twirled from left to right. Princess Raeyi tried to explain to her sister that what she did earlier was wrong.

            “Why are you getting mad at me? No presents?” Sooyoung asked with her lips puckered. Princess Raeyi’s face was unreadable, she should have known that reasoning with a five year old was futile. All the while as this was happening the queen was looking at them amusingly, her anger from earlier subsided and now she was on the verge of laughter.

            Princess Blaze sighed and reached for the basket her attendant carried. She fished out a meat bun and handed it to her waiting little sister who was now drooling at the meat bun that Blaze held. Sooyoung eagerly reached her hands out with her fingers excitedly moving about and she was giddily bouncing up and down. The queen approached them and carried her youngest, who was now fatter than most kids in the regnum, to the courtyard where they could sit.

 

            The rest of the queen’s children gathered about princess Blaze and princess Raeyi as they t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter