Chapter 37: Quest for the Unknown part 2

Kingdom Era: Journey to the Land of Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Well hurrah I finally uploaded again! The writing bug bit me and I managed to write this chapter. I hope my patient and long awaiting readers like this chapter. I wanted to make it funny but my funny bone is not working. Enjoy

.

Quest for the Unknown

Part 2

 

Yundreg Plains, Naris

I distinctly remember telling myself that this is a bad idea. Sure we are looking for a venom but venom doesn’t always equate to snakes especially if the snake you want to milk for venom is 40 feet long. I think back to Hikaru’s enthusiastic face as he tells me of the massive stone snake living deep in the Yundreg caves. Now that we draw nearer to the cave’s entrance I am having second thoughts.

“Are you sure we will be fine?” I ask him and he sheepishly nods. Ok let’s trust the guy.

The cave is dark and damp and there is this rancid smell of decaying flesh. That is not a good sign is it?

“Hikaru maybe we should call for back-up like 50 of your men?” I ask again this time a little shaky.

We enter the passage way towards the heart of the cave where snake was. There was mildew everywhere and stone floor was slippery and wet. I almost slipped but thankfully Hikaru got a hold of me. Okay Yoona breathe I told myself as we go deeper into the snake’s lair.

I hear water and the faint slushing sound as if something slithery was moving about. We reach a deep cavern and immediately I felt my palms become cold and my legs wobble. Right in front of us was a massive ball of snakes their scales were black and glasslike. The snakes are all curled up together hundreds of snakes in the water. Yep it’s mating season...

“Hikaru...” I whispered. One step back. He was about to walk nearer to the water. He did not hear me.

“Hikaru...” I called again. Two steps back. He turned around with a quizzical look on his face. In a split second the ball stopped moving. A black head emerged from the water just a few feet from Hikaru. Red eyes opening. Hikaru looked forward and his mouth fell open. I didn’t think for a second, I just grabbed his hand and bolted out the cave. The snakes started chasing.

Hikaru was screaming, I was screaming and all this time in my head the words how idiotic can you get Yoona didn’t I tell you this was a bad idea. Hikaru was shouting that the snakes were wild and vicious and had every intention of eating us.

“It was wild?!!!” I asked him.

“YES!!!” he shouted. Black slithering bodies snaking themselves across the trees. One of the snakes got close to Hikaru.

“Duck!”

“I don’t see any ducks!”

Seriously. I grabbed his hand and pulled him down. The snake missed his head by inches. He understood what I meant now. I felt Hikaru pull me sideward while screaming “Cliff!” but a cliff was exactly what we needed.

“Run for the cliff!” I told him and he gave the funniest face ever.

“Just trust me.” I insisted. I put my hands in my bag and pull out a pod that Seohyun once gave me.

We were nearing the edge of the cliff and I pulled Hikaru closer.

“At the count of three we jump ok.”

“What are you nuts?!!” he asked in horror.

“Hikaru just shut up and trust me.”

“One, two...three!” and we jumped. I pulled the trigger and the glider opened allowing us to fly. Some of the snakes fell into the water while others stayed at the cliff’s edge.

That was a close call.

Cendres City, Erraius

Wine check. Sparkling lights and beautiful decorations check. Gorgeous garments and jewelry check. Gaiety and a friendly vibe...um not check. Ok, how did his supposed welcome home party for his son Inoo suddenly become a political affair? The king of Erraius asked himself. All the heads of Tartharac were suddenly attending his ball and well some of them don’t look in the least bit excited for music and dancing as they should be.

It was a bummer that certain guests of his weren’t on his glorious summer palace to enjoy themselves, he had happily commissioned his men to learn new songs and dances from Celaria just so he could liven up his court. His usual party guests were enjoying the tune of a lively song he learned from the Salmarian court while his other supposedly important guests were in such a brooding mood one would think that they were in a wake than a party. How on Archaneaux was he going to break the ice and make this whole meet up less of a nuisance than it already is? He was really starting regret having that all is welcome policy the Triad as well as the freaking envoy from Aone was turning everything sour. The only thing he could do was keep the conversation between the royals gathered as light as he could to avoid disaster.

“That’s a nice song that they are playing.” Masuda remarked as the new song from Salmaria was played.

“It’s one of the new Celarian songs my musicians learned.” He answered happily.

“Wow and here I thought that women were barbarians.” The envoy from Aone remarked.

“Well you will be in for a surprise.” He retorted.

“When are they arriving?” Ohno asked impatiently.

“They’ll arrive when they arrive Ohno.” Masuda replied getting a little annoyed that Ohno dared to be a little rude.

“Yeah and it’s not like Chinen was coming to see any of you he as a different reason for being here.” Nakamaru stated as he stuffed his face with a meat pie.

“I want to see my son Yuichi! My son whom I thought was barely breathing under Salmarian savagery.”

“The last time I saw him he was getting fat under Salmarian savagery.” He told king Ohno who grew beet red from his comment.

“Enough men, we are here for merrymaking not an argument.” Toma and Ninomiya said together.

Jin arrived carrying a plate of mutton and jovially announced “They’re here.” As he ate his fill.

All eyes turn towards the entrance of the grand hall. The Wyndoxians in particular were almost too giddy and too anxious in their places. The great jewel-encrusted doors opened and three figures emerged. He immediately rushed to meet his awaited guests.

 

He saw King Kazuya rushing towards them in his elegant walk and suddenly he was reminded that he was in Tartharakian soil. He tightened his grip on Sunny’s hand making sure to keep her out of any possible danger that would arise.

“Chinen relax.” Inoo told him but how could he when he could eye numerous men some of whom are from Aone and other non-women liking places.

“Finally you arrived.” The king of Erraius happily stated which they welcomed gladly. It was nice knowing there was someone they could trust in the room.

“Dad I thought you said it was a small party? Why do I feel like all of Tartharac is here?” Inoo asked.

“It was supposed to be small but we have a lot of uninvited guests.” King Kazuya whispered which he and Sunny heard.

“Ah Sunny you like the reincarnation of the sunlight, so beautiful so bright.” King Kazuya stated. “Now come you three and meet the Paleo.

Inoo went first while he and Sunny moved at the same pace. From his side view he saw his mother and his siblings but he knew well enough not to approach them he was a Salmarian now not a Wyndoxian. He could hear the gasps of people admiring his wife’s appearance and it was starting to irritate him. She’s taken people get your eyes off her! He wanted to scream but Sunny wouldn’t like that.

They neared the kings and other royals and he saw the faces of the Paleo and the Triad. The Paleo except Aone seemed very happy to meet them. King Ninomiya immediately stepped forward to greet them. King Kazuya, King Jin and King Masuda soon followed the Triad was a bit reluctant while Aone was snobbish as always.

It was an understatement to say that they were mesmerized by his wife’s beauty, all of them wanted to talk to her and Sunny being used to talking to people was very polite and courteous.

 

They couldn’t believe that they were actually seeing a woman in person, a woman from Celaria. The crown princess of Salmaria was a beauty and they could feel the envy brewing from the hearts of nobles from all over Tartharac at the dis-owned prince Chinen’s fortune. She was unlike women from Triad she had this air of authority and power about her that the women of the Triad did not possess.

“I wonder what your side of the world is like?” King Ninomiya asked which King Nakamaru seconded.

“Let’s say it’s more kept.” She replied.

“O! Don’t you have that hymn that Inoo liked practicing?” King Kazuya asked.

“The hymn of sisterhood!” Prince Chinen happily recalled.

“It’s the Unyielding Wish.” She told him gently.

“That one has a video. Dad why don’t you play it in the monitor.” Crown Prince Inoo said.

“Oh yeah I remember we now have a copy of it. Show the video.” King Kazuya ordered. All guest turned their eyes to the screen as a beautiful melody ensued. Prince Daiki rushing in late towards the princes just in time to see the video begin.

 

“Aim for the unstoppable future and embrace the unyielding wish”

 

The sunset melts into the deep blue sea,

It turns a crimson shade (a wonderful free-fall).

I just want to have the wind,

Take me far away.

 

I've cleared impossible hurtles before,

But I know that there's more,

And I know I can make it.

Who's to blame when it's not the best,

That I can achieve.

 

Aim for the unstoppable future and embrace the unyielding wish

Hold on to that dream

Tomorrow knows, where and when

It's true, what you believe

Don't let go, the road will never end

 

Keep trying to believe,

The biggest part of you,

And now your ready to go.

 

How much longer do I have to cry,

Before tomorrows light? (a night full of sorrow)

All at once I found today

I finally hit my limit

 

I'm sure that when you are falling in love

It's just like blinking your eye

Before you know it, it flies away

I just want to know how strong I can be

When I'm searching for love

 

Aim for the unstoppable future and embrace the unyielding wish

Hold on to that dream

Tomorrow knows, where and when

My lips, tightly sealed

But you can still, see it in my eyes

I've traveled down that road and found the greater love

This time I know it is real

 

I've cleared impossible hurtles before

But I know that there's more

And I know I can make it

But when I got up to the starting line

My legs were frozen with fear

 

Aim for the unstoppable future and embrace the unyielding wish

Hold on to that dream

Tomorrow knows, where and when

Reach out, with both your arms

And take the key, that opens up your heart

 

Aim for the unstoppable future and embrace the unyielding wish

Hold on to the dream

Tomorrow knows, where and when

It's true, what you believe

Don't let go, the road will never end

 

Keep trying to believe,

The biggest part of you,

And now you’re ready to go”

 

A vision of a young girl with hazel colored hair came into picture she was wearing a crimson gold embellished with gold and had chrysanthemums all over them. She was holding a dove and was running towards a balcony where she released the bird and let it fly freely into the sky. Then the whole view changes and you see the vast autumn sky bright and merry, the trees in different shades of orange, yellow and red. The scenery of the Valtareauan nation was shown from the vast farmlands and orchards of the kingdom to the massive industries consisting of factories and shipyards to fashion and technology, showcasing what Valtareau is known for and that is commerce, from the blazing distance the Palais Royal of Erable city and the city itself is shown and the young girl from earlier waves at the dove before the bird flies eastward towards the snow-capped mountains of Clairevane. A young girl with platinum hair glides through the frozen lake in her skating shoes wearing clothes similar to Valtareau but this time in dark colors of blue and grey, behind her the towering palace of Nieves could be seen. The dove lands in her hand before it flies away, the massive water turbines of Clairevane comes into view as well as its massive naval fleet.

The snow covered houses are shown and the dazzling lights that surround the trees, the buildings and all that is Clairevane creating a beautiful elegant blaze nestled within the cold wintry geography of the kingdom. Trade in wool, furs and machineries are also highlighted similar to Valtareau but more serious and less of the warm. A stream coming from the base of the palace is show focused and the dove follows this stream with a white delicate flower known as edelweiss in its beak. The stream widens and becomes a roaring river which leads to a sprawling city built on top and etched in a huge mountain skirted by field after field of flowers. The whole audience who are already in awe at Valtareau and Clairevane’s magnificence are now left speechless at the beauty of the kingdom of spring. A young girl in pink frilly dress whose eyes smiled like the heart of an angel welcomed the dove and took the flower before running off towards the city which is shown as Paramount. As she passes through the streets the camera glides through the air showing the trade of the people their fields of cotton and linen, the great textile factories, the bustling perfumeries and the cosmetics and other hygienic products that Spruxia is known for. Clothes of all sizes are focused as the girl runs through women sewing them. The dove follows her which she hands a yellow ribbon to before letting fly free from the main stairway of the palace.

The dove flies up into the air and the scenery changes, as beaches of crystal clear waters and white sand are shown which then turns into fields of sunflowers and other yellow hued blossoms. Rows after rows of cafes and hotels beckon people into a trance of jolliness and recreation. Massive creation sites and sports arenas are shown before disappearing into lavish feast which made all on lookers hungry. The dove then glides upward until the glittering floating palace of Verona could be seen. Sitting on a little tea area above the clouds a petite girl with blonde hair could be seen munching on a delectable cake and drinking lemonade. The bird approaches her and she stands up to receive the ribbon. She then leaves the table and rushes down the steps of the palace.

The screen splits into four showing the beautiful girls growing up to be the beautiful crown princesses of the regnorum of the seasons also known as the consortium of nature. This leaves the audience in gasps of wow and incredible. The ladies then suddenly meet up at a circular dais engraved with the seasons and power of fire, water, wind and earth light up the pit at the center of the dais which burst into beautiful light. The dove soars over them before flying off to the next destination.

The desert landscape of Winaris comes to view and so does the flying cars and the advance technology of the kingdom of wisdom could boast. Soon the scene changes into the academy where people are rushing to and fro, reading books, studying and experimenting. The camera focuses of an angelic little girl wearing a white dress. She sees the dove and runs off to follow it. Pass the computers and the gadgets she gets hold of the dove and gives it food before watching fly on to another destination. Streams soon come into view as people of all ages are seen inside an advance and elegant hospital. People are getting treatment, going to spas and creating medicine. Jaw-dropping gardens are shown which would put any garden in Tartharac to shame. The scene shifts to voluptuous gowns and dancing as a party unfolds. At the center of the dance floor is a smiling little girl in a wide purple dress dancing with very beautiful woman with a crown on her head. The girl sees the dove and races after it. The dove lands on the girl’s shoulders singing it a song before it flies west.

Fairy dust and magic come into view as the dove dives into the mystic realm of Beltraine, the sun is shining a different shade as if the sunlight was actually moonlight only brighter. People creating furniture and other wooden crafts came into view. Gems are shown being mined from the earth below a dream like capital and a little girl waving her wand could be seen running through a festive plaza. The girl smiles at the dove and waves her wand causing the bird to be surrounded by magic dust and carried up into the air. The kingdom of time suddenly came into view welcomed by the beautiful sound of music. Musical instruments of every kind are shown as well as the massive clock towers of Kairos. Armories are shown and the view of metal and blacksmithing is shown. A young girl playing with a watch is shown and the dove beckons her to come. She follows and the scene splits into four young girls who grow up into princesses. They meet at circle similar to the one earlier but this one is floating atop a waterfall. Power surges from their hands and lights up the fire in their dais.

The dove moves forward to a ragged terrain passing though battlefield after battlefield of warriors in combat. They have come to the kingdom of war Arachnides. Lighting lit up the sky as thunder ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter