Chapter Twelve: Onaris

Kingdom Era: Journey to the Land of Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twelve

Onaris

 

            Imagine a forest so dense that the air inside is so pure that it can heal the illnesses of men. The trees would be compacted growing together side by side then towering into the skies. These would be giant trees whose trunks are so enormous one could build houses inside them. Mist would cover the top of the forest. Some parts of it would be extremely foggy while others a lightly hazy. Streams would run under this semi woods semi rainforest, these streams would in turn become rivers that provide water for the creatures living inside it.

                On the forest floor animals would be abundant. Flora and fauna coexist with each other to form an ecosystem so diverse that it is studied vigorously by sages. The land upon which this forest is standing upon is very mountainous.  Falls and rivers are also present hidden by the thick branches and leaves of the trees. Now imagine this forest to stretch on for miles without end until it covers a large island. This island would be known as Onaris the regnum (kingdom) of the plants. A regnum lead for hundreds of years by a royal family known for their ability to heal people.

                The regnum of Onaris is a huge forest that nestles sizeable green houses where rice, wheat and other staples are grown. Crystal clear streams and rivers provide the regnum’s water supply as well as the source of fresh water fishes for people. The waters around the island are also abundant giving the regnum numerous supply of seafood. The human populace is consisted of equal distribution of men and women. The latter gender is typically overprotective of the other, generally forbidding them to leave the premises of the forest and never allows them to be seen by visitors from the other regnorum. The people are of the amiable race who bears no ill will towards their neighbors whether in Tartharac or in Celaria. Since they are rich in natural resources it is very rare for them to go in trade except for crop exportation knowing that some parts of Tartharac have arid land. People live inside houses attached to the trunks of the trees. These houses all link to each other creating a network of houses forming cities of strong tree houses. These houses often reach the height of 50 storey minimum and 400 floors is the maximum. People ride cars that take the shape of lady bugs. The cars are an import from the Celarian regnum of Winaris.

                The clothing of the people is made of semi-airy semi heavy materials that allow circulation at the same time provide enough cover against the cool climate of the forest. Green is the dominant color in the regnum thus this is the shade that people’s clothing is made of. Women normally have long hairs tied up in a bun or a chignon, while men short hair to provide distinction. The green houses are located at the heart of each city where they are irrigated and taken care of by the people.

                The citizens are impeccably versed in the science of plant identification and use allowing them to know the benefits and dangers of each plant. Men are mostly healers who travel the continent helping other regnorum with their numerous illnesses either imaginary (in the case of Naris) or real ones like in other regnorum. Women are also healers but typically stay indoors to take care of the daily activities of the regnum, such as crop maintenance and governance.

                People have physical attributes such as fair skin and black colored hair. They possess olive shaped eyes and stately noses. The royal family whose residence is the only exception to the tree house form of dwelling have black to orange colored hair which they inherited from intermarriages from other regnorum. The castle is located at the center of the regnum and is situated somewhat at the top most part of the forest on a high hill and is made of stone and wood.

 

                Crown Prince Keito sat comfortably in his private study overlooking the capital Foret as he read books about plants entitled “The Miracle of the Leaves”. The crown prince’s private study was made of wood and shaped like a half moon with curved wall filled with built in seats with green colored cushions and with wide windows. The curtains were drawn back allowing the light the flood into the room. Bookshelves lined the straight wall and mini bookshelves also filled the room. Piles of books were situated beside the prince’s feet as he devoured volume after volume of his new plant genre book collection. The prince was obsessed with plants. He would spend half of his day reading about plants then head outside to spend his remaining time with plants and trees. He was head deep into his book when his little sister entered the room and sat next to him. Princess Chin-chin was the youngest child of the king. At the young age of six Princess Chin-chin shared her family’s love for plants. Prince Keito pinched her cheeks as she grinned up at him with her cute pearly white baby teeth.

                “Gege are you still not done?” she asked with her baby tooth grin.

                “Not yet puddle duck.” He told her as he ruffled her hair. She rested her head on his thigh and started reading one of the books aloud. He chuckled at her, his sister had just started learning how to read and she was doing a good job reading the manuscript about dwarf plants. He put down his book and picked her up. He had promised her that they would visit the new plant exhibit being held at the capital. The six year old wiggled from his grasp and walked on her own hand in hand with he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter