Chapter 33: Heart of Stone

Kingdom Era: Journey to the Land of Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally after a whole day of sweat and typing I managed to finish this chapter. I have sworn off world of Warcraft just to finish this one so I hope you guys like it. Apparently out of my 71 subscribers only 6 people are actually reading this fic. This update is for lonergirl, jyj4everfan and passionatelover. @passionatelover I hope to hear from you soon XD. Comment below what your favorite part was as well as you OTP whether its Taeki(TaeyeonxDaiki), Jenoo(JessicaxInoo), Sunnen(Sunny x Chinen),Yookaru(Yoona x Hikaru) or the other OTP like Akame, Tegomasu etc and who you think the title is all about. 

This chapter is sort of long, it’s actually even rushed since I wasn’t able to really describe the scenes the way I imagine them but I hope you like it! When my next update is maybe next week just bug me in a DM if I am taking too long. Hahaha. Excuse my errors this one is not proofread or edited it’s all raw.

CHAPTER 33

HEART OF STONE

           

The color of crimson painted the horizon as the eyes of Archaneaux watch the silent fall of frail young rose.

 

Atlas Warship, Heiyan Bay

            The whole world fell silent on Kazuya’s ears as the image of a silver dagger rose up to the sky. Everything stood to a standstill as the dagger made its mark. With the courage and hope he had for the future he dreamed his son would make he reached out his hand and sending the earth beneath to ocean to shudder. His last act of hope caused the vessel that carried Jessica to shake making her miss stabbing her own heart by inches. Silver strands swayed in the wind as the wretched metal made its deep mark even though it missed snuffling out a life immediately it did leave a large wound upon its victim. Blood spilled in the air from the impact of the cut and it soon drenched the floor where Jessica lay motionless.

            The moment Jessica’s body hit the ground King Kazuya’s soundless world was bombarded with noise unlike anything he could imagine. The sound of gunshots and artillery firing nonstop and the shouts of the people watching the scene in horror clashed in the air along with the raging seas but the sound that reached him in massive vibration was the cry of his son Inoo as he watched the woman he loved stumbling to mortal peril.

           

            “Jessica!!!” Inoo wailed in anguish. He prayed for strength to stand and reach her but he knew that he was too weak to even stand. This didn’t stop him from trying though as he pushed himself up and made his way towards her. He didn’t know where he got his strength but all that mattered to him was reaching her so he hurled himself into the angry waters and caused the earth beneath the tides to rise and make a way for him to reach the ship. How long his journey took he had no clue all that mattered to him now was that he reached her. He reached her form and cradle her in his arms as her tried to stop the blood from gushing out of her wound. The wound was deep, too deep actually. Had she not missed her target she would have met her utter death the moment the metal pierced her heart. He tore the help of his shirt and used it to exert pressure upon her wound while trying to get her armor off. He glanced towards his left and saw men of Erraius surging through the waters trying to reach him. It dawned on him now how far the vessel where he stood was so far away from atlas causing him to wonder how he got to it that fast. Before he even had time to entertain that curiosity of his Jessica ended up convulsing and coughed up blood causing him to panic. He shouted for help but the crashing waves and the roaring sees made his voice sound like a whisper. He could see the people rushing towards them from afar but he knew that at Jessica’s state they might not be able to make it in time to help her. He used all his strength to pull the bounded armor away from her body and hold enough pressure to stop her profuse bleeding. As he was trying to stop the wound’s bleeding the vessel suddenly shook with such a force that he had was dragged away from Jessica’s wounded form. The waters suddenly rose up and it was pulling the ship down to its depths.

            Clairevane really would not let them be! This was the thought that raged through his mind. They might have thought that Jessica was dead and was now blaming him. He screamed and shouted for everyone to know that she was still alive and she needed help.

 

 

Clairevanian Warship, Heiyan Bay

            All elemental warriors rushed to the galleys as the Valtareauan vessel carrying their barely breathing princess and the Errusian prince was sinking into the ocean being pulled by the waters. Their Queen was commanding all forces to reach the ship. Something or someone was attacking the vessel and it was definitely not them! Whatever force was pulling on the waters was a titan body they felt as though they were battling the spirit Sho himself as they pulled on the waters to keep the boat afloat.

            The voice of two women rang in the elemental masters ears as the Crown princesses of Oberis and Velvereaux arrived out of the blue with the Crown princess Yoona screaming.

            “She’s not dead!”

            The young princesses suddenly stopped in their tracks when they realized that it wasn’t the Clairevanian water masters causing damage to the carrier vessel. At the crown princesses words the Queen Yukie went berserk with panic as she herself rushed to the waters to try to save the vessel which was now almost submerged in the hazardous waters.

            All of them rushed into the waters in hopes of reaching their princess.

 

            “Unnie can’t you teleport us to the carrier ship?!” Yoona asked in panic as she rushed after the soldiers.

            “Of course I can but there is too much interference happening in the bay!” Hyoyeon answered back as she followed Yoona.

            “Just try! We need to reach Sica unnie!!!!” Yoona said in utmost panic as she reached the end of the galley. The waters were too dark and too tumultuous for both of them.

            “We’ll die even before we reach her if we go into that.” Yoona exclaimed as she back away. “Unnie do something!”

            “I’m working on it! Hold on to me!” Hyoyeon said as she prepared herself to bend time and space. Time travelling wasn’t her specialty since she hasn’t mastered it yet. That was what she was scared of that she might bring Yoona and her into another and obviously wrong dimension.

            She grabbed Yoona’s hand and told her to brace herself as they faded into the fabric of time.

 

Suzaku Warship, Heiyan Bay

            “Nino what are your men doing?! Stop attacking the vessel!” King Masuda thundered at King Ninomiya.

            “It’s not my men Masu!!!” King Ninomiya shouted back as they ran towards the fallen Atlas. King Kazuya was heavily wounded and they hurried to help him.

            “If it wasn’t your men then who the heck is attacking that Valtareaun vessel?!!!” King Jin asked as he finally reached Kazuya who was nursing his bleeding arm while commanding his men to form a rescue squad.

King Jin was the first to reach him and the rest followed with King Nakamaru barely being able to stand. He was breathing rapidly as he reached the deck of Atlas.

            The kings immediately commanded their men to join the Errusian rescue squad as they help Kazuya who was getting paler by the second.

            “You’re an idiot.” King Jin muttered as he helped apply some ointment on King Kazuya’s wounded cheek.

            “Tell that to me when you finally fight a decent battle.” King Kazuya muttered back.

            “This is going to scar.” King Jin said as he gently placed a bandage on King Kazuya’s wounded cheek. The king of Erraius beautiful face was now scared with small wounds.

            “Do you think I care?” King Kazuya replied as he gazed at the advancing troops from both sides of men and women.

            “Who are you and what have you done to Kazuya?” King Jin asked in disbelief.

            “Some people change when they become a proper parent. By some people I meant people like me because by the looks of it you’re still the same old flirt maniac you.” King Kazuya stated.

            “Hey!” King Jin said as he accidentally pressed on King Kazuya’s wound. Kazuya retorted by pulling his ear.

            “Seriously you guys are flirting? In the middle of a war while your son is in grave danger?” King Nakamaru stated after looking absolutely displeased with the two former lovers. King Nakamaru was still exhausted from trying to chase after King Masuda and was left behind while King Masuda, Consort Tegoshi and King Ninomiya busied themselves with getting rescue to Inoo and the Clairevanian princess.

            King Kazuya stood up and shook his robes before heading towards where the other kings were leaving King Jin to tag behind him and King Nakamaru to look smug walking behind King Jin. They all suddenly halted when an interior force which seemed to be coming from the depths of the ocean exploded towards them causing all rescue team going towards the wounded lovers to crash into the sea. All the kings were also thrown back as the ships rattled against the force.

 

Foret, Onaris

            The royals of the Triad watching the events at the bay gasped in surprise as a fast pulsating force erupted in the bay harming everyone trying to aid the two royals trapped in the vessel. The whole room was filled with agitation which was only made worst when the vessel finally collapsed dragging the two into the waters.

            By this time King Toma himself has thundered for aid from his men. King Ohno also called for immediate aid to be sent. They needed healers at the bay and what better way to bring them there than by flight. Queen Ziyi managed to calm herself, unknown to many is the important fact that she is actually Inoo’s aunt. She was the half sibling that was supposed to give refuge to Inoo and Karin when they were fleeing from the scourge of the then horrible King Kazuya. Queen Ziyi actually lived together with Consort Koki and Karin when they were young, her mother the late Lady Hira had taken her along when she eloped with Lord Kaname. Queen Ziyi’s father was an abusive husband very different from most Onarisian men but he hid his vileness under pretense righteousness. She had watched and cared for both Karin and even Koki who was younger than her by a year. Inoo had resemble her sister so much that she longed to care for the boy if given the chance. It was no secret to those who knew her that she doted upon Karin and it broke her heart when news of her murder reached Onaris. She had her vengeance against her father when she exposed his crimes and cleared her mother’s name as well as that of Lord Kaname who had been the true father to her. These things were still hidden in her heart secrets that only her husband knew. King Toma had helped her get her revenge against her father and it was him who had arranged for the convoy assigned to rescue Karin.

            King Toma gave her a reassuring gaze but all her fears washed away somehow when two figures resurfaced out of the water. Inoo was drenched and looked like a ghost but the way he held on to Jessica’s barely breathing form told them that he was very much alive. He created a small landing to keep them afloat as the forces regrouped to bring aid. Queen Zihan despite her gloom over Chinen’s predicament was also looking over at the war stating that she could her son in Inoo’s persona.

 

 

Clairevanian Warship, Heiyan Bay

            Yoona held on to her unnie Hyoyeon’s hand as they tried to teleport to where Jessica was. The moment her hand came in contact with Hyoyeon’s she felt a strong force pulling her to a deep dark space where all the hairs on her hand seemed to stand upright. She felt like all the food that she ate earlier was climbing back up out of her stomach into and to . She opened her eyes momentarily and caught a glimpse of light like a slit was made in the fabric of time. She felt her Hyoyeon unnie pull her towards the opening but even before they bought reach it a similar force like earlier that grabbed them towards the light hastily pulled them away from it. It felt as though someone had them back out of the portal.

            She groaned as soon as her bottom impacted on the ground. The fall hurt like hell not to mention the fact that she felt sick like she had been placed inside a metal barrel and rolled down a steep hill. She heard her Hyoyeon unnie cursing and turned to look at the girl’s frustrated face.

            “We were right there! Stupid teleporting skills!!” Hyoyeon muttered in annoyance either at herself or at what happened to which Yoona doesn’t have a clue about.

            “Unnie are you ok? What happened?” She asked as she rubbed the pain from her behind.

            “Technical problems but don’t worry let’s try again.” Hyoyeon said as she stood up and pulled Yoona up to her feet. Yoona could only sigh she couldn’t tell her unnie that she wasn’t feeling well and all the more she couldn’t give up because her Jessica unnie needed her now. The motion sickness she was feeling now was nothing compared to Jessica’s condition. The girl was only inches from death since help was taking too long to arrive. Yoona felt the pull of the force of time ripping and knew they were going to travel through time at last but shock hit her hard when they slammed into a closed portal and thrown back out the way they came.

 

            Hyoyeon’s eyebrows were knitted tightly together, at first she thought it was her lack of teleporting skills but now she knew something wasn’t right. It was their 11th time trying to breech time but something was stopping them. The entrance to the portal to where Jessica was, was barred like something was standing on the doors towards it preventing them front breeching through. Hyoyeon knew that the problem lied with the place where Jessica and the Errusian prince was because they managed to land at another place when they tried breaking through the 4th, 5th and 6th time. The path towards the little isle that the Errusian prince had created was being diverted to another place. Thrice they ended up going to the wrong destination, Hyoyeon had landed them on the Valtareauan warship Valkyrie on their fourth try and on the Salmarian Airship on their 5th try. Their 6th try was sort of weird because they ended up on an unknown ship. She immediately teleported them back to the Clairevanian warship as soon as she realized they were on the wrong ground.

            She glanced at Yoona who looked disoriented and on the verge of puking and realized that the girl was not used to teleportation, actually it was Yoona’s first time to teleport. Hyoyeon mentally slapped herself Yoona needed to be in perfect condition to aid Jessica and the Errusian prince.

            “Yoona stay here. I am going to try teleporting on my own.” Hyoyeon informed her as she made the younger girl sit down.

            “You can’t go on your own you need me to cure Sica-unnie!” Yoona stated as she tried to calm her breathing.

            “I know but right now something is blocking the way to the island! I need to get pass whatever is blocking the way and then I’ll get back to you.” Hyoyeon stated as she disappeared into another opening.

 

 

Suzaku Warship, Heiyan Bay

            The kings were in chaos when they came in direct contact with women. King Nakamaru was losing his mind in terror. Just minutes ago two armored women appeared out of the blue on board Rysian warship shocking everyone. King Nakamaru was just 3 steps away from the women. How they got on the ship no one knows because they just popped out of the blue causing so many Narisians to lose their cool.

            “They were RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME MASU!!! THE HORROR! They could have EATEN ME!!!!” King Nakamaru screamed out loud as he continued to panic.

            “Nakamaru will you shut up women don’t eat men!” King Kazuya tried to explain to King Nakamaru but he wouldn’t listen.

 

            Prince Hikaru stayed rooted on his spot staring at the place where the two armored women appeared. He recognized the armor immediately, there was no way he could forget what Yoona’s armor looked like. His magi as well as Yamada was starting at him in confusion. Yamada had to smack him in the head to get him to talk.

            “Hikaru snap out of it what’s wrong with you man. You know what women are really like they don’t eat men!” Yamada told him totally oblivious to the reason why he was dumbfounded. The prince of Shou seemed to have misunderstood him.

            “Hikaru are you ok?” His magi asked him.

            “She was right in front of me...” Hikaru stated as he placed his hand on his chest.

            “Huh?” His magi and prince Yamada asked.

            “She was right in front of me!” Hikaru said garbbing Yamada by his shoulders and shook him.

            “Yoona was right in front of me MAN! THE ONE IN THE WHITE ARMOR WAS HER!!!”

            “How sure are you that it was her?!” Yamada asked in doubt.

            “Yamada I could recognize her armor even in my dreams! I have the image of it etched in mind.” Hikaru stated as he faced Yamada seriously.

            “And in my heart.” Hikaru added softly while clutching his heart and slipping into a dream state.

           

            In his imagination he saw him and Yoona running down the beach hand in hand and later on her would tell Yoona to chase him and she will and then they will hold hands and confess their love.

            “I love you Yoona.” He would say.

            “I love you too Hikaru.” She would reply.

            Hikaru awoke from his day dreaming when something wet came in contact with his face. He opened his eyes and saw Fluffy grinning at him.

            “I really love you Hi-chan! I know you love me too!!” Fluffy said teasingly.

            “What the?! Where are my magi and Yamada?” Hikaru asked in annoyance.

            “They left after you slipped into emo zone.” Fluffy said teasingly. Hikaru spotted them near the rails and went towards them.

            “Why you guys leave me?” He asked them and they both replied.

            “You were lost in Lala land.”

            “So are you back on Archaneaux now?” His magi asked him and he nodded.

            “So the woman in white armor was Lady Yoona and from the looks of the armor of the other one she seems to be from Oberis.” His magi stated.

            “Oh I heard from my magi once that those from Oberis can bend time and got to places fast.” Yamada said.

            “Yes Yamada-chan those from Oberis can Teleport. They must be trying to get to where Inoo-chan and where the Clairevanian princess is at.”

            “Then what are we standing here around for lets help!” Hikaru said enthusiastically. Just the thought of seeing Yoona again made him giddy and excited.

            “I’m in Jessica is my Tiff’s...” Yamada said but he wasn’t able to finish what he was saying because King Kazuya screamed loudly causing all of them to run towards the western part of the ship where the isle that Inoo made was visible.

            They were all horrified when they saw crystals forming around Jessica’s body it started to encase her feet and was now climbing towards her legs. Inoo was freaking out as he tried to stab the crystal but it seemed indestructible.

            “Fluffy can you get us to the island?” Hikaru asked his guardian.

            “Sure no problem but first I need Pae’s aid something is shielding the island from outsiders making it impossible to penetrate. We need Genie’s help to break whatever shield is covering that place.” Fuffly stated in Hikaru’s mind.

            “Genie.” Hikaru called his other guardian.

            “I have already broken the barriers around that place.” Genie calmly stated. “But you guys need to hurry that barrier won’t stay close for long whoever built it is now rebuilding it up as we speak.”

            “Ok Fluffy let’s go!” Hikaru said as he mounted his guardian vacaldrum. Yamada stared at him.

            “Where are you going?” Yamada asked.

            “Stop asking and let’s go!” Hikaru answered as he pulled Yamada by the collar and made him sit behind him. Yamada had no time to argue because Fluffy moved at lighting speed towards the islet that Inoo created.

 

Clairevanian Warship, Heiyan bay

            Hyoyeon could see only void surroundings but her vision suddenly cleared when she saw the opening she had been looking for. It was wide open and unguarded she took her chance.

           

            It had been almost three minutes since her Hyoyeon unnie had disappeared and she was starting to panic not only for Hyoyeon’s safety but also because a crystal has now formed around Jessica. She looked back again in horror when she realized that the crystal was also spreading towards the Errusian prince.  She was already feeling better and was on the verge of getting up when a hand suddenly appeared out of nowhere and pulled her through a slit in time. She saw darkness and then light. The hand that pulled her belonged to her Hyoyeon unnie. They successfully landed on the islet and saw that two figures besides Jessica and the Errusian prince was there. She saw a tiger like creature and two men whom she immediately recognized.

            The howling noise around the islet was unlike what she had expected, she knew that the waters around the islet would be storm-raged but she never expected it to be like this. Whirlpools surrounded the area and the whole place seemed to be covered by and dark gloomy force. The whole place was like the center of the Rysian Ocean and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter